Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

I'm hopefully getting a PS3 from amazon with the free HDMI cable (Which imo shouled be included, what's the point in hyping up 1080p as if it's the best thing since sliced bread if it isn't accessible out of the box!?)

I personally hate sony, but really want awesome exclusives like Uncharted and the Final Fantasy XIII.

What's uncharted like by the way? I'm a rabid tomb raider fan so if that's a plus, yay.

EDIT: Is Heavenly Sword worth a butchers?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on the offical PS forums with no replies.

Just wondered if you guys had any idea:

I've searched on a few sites so far and i've been unable to find any solution to this issue.

I have a PS3 connected through HDMI on a Samsung LE32R87BDX. Whenever i play a game or if i'm on the XMB I always without fail get red flickering pixels on dark areas.

I'm running in 720p, i've tried 1080i as well and i still get the same issue. I've tried a different HDMI cable (the one that came with my 360 Elite) and i still got the problem. I've also tried 2 other HDMI ports which i know work and i still get it.

I've tried turning off the three options under display (pure white, full colour HDMI, colour blurring reduction) and this makes no difference.

Is there any solution to this?

The only one i found was to turn off my TV and back on again. This however, is just an annoying inconvience.

But thats the thing.

Its not my TV, because if i run anything else HDMI through the same port theres no problem.

And like i said, if i just turn the TV off and on again, the problem goes. Only to return when i turn my PS3 back on again.

This just seems like a bug Sony haven't fixed.

I posted this on the offical PS forums with no replies.

Just wondered if you guys had any idea:

That happens to me as well, down the left side of the screen, on other inputs as well! Did you go into the service menu and turn off dynamic dimming (or whatever it's called) because I only began noticing it once I did that!?

How good is the DVD upscaler and what setting should it be on to get the best results, double sale/normal/full screen? I'd rather use this that the 360 since I can barely hear the film when the 360 is on!

Think I'm gonna get one of these soons, just, there is absolutely no games on the market that inspire me to buy it. I'll probably get Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden to start with, but neither look all that for the moment, and the upcoming release list looks equally poor (2 games in the whole of Janaury? Poor.)

Still, I want one for Socom Confrontation so there you go. Anyone got any recommendations? Ratchet and Clank is another possibility, or maybe Folklore or something? Anyone know where I can get some of the early games for cheap maybe too? (Resistsance, Motorstorm etc).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!