Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

i used to be a nintendo fanboy to the exreeme, sneering (yes, sneering) at playstation owning friends.

i was egged on by ONM mind.

nowerdays i realise that i was a tool, and playstation was actualy a pretty good console.

i need more more money so i can get a 360 and be truly multi console, though for now i feel my ps3 suits me a little better. it looks to good to be true on the 52" HD telly downstairs, which its used for a blu ray player with.

same here.....

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was like that, when I switched from PS2 to Gamecube I went anti-playstation/xbox because it was great, but then now I have found my home again with PS3. I was kidding myself that the Wii and the DS were great, there were good games for both (as there is for everything) but not enough, and it was all first party and average graphics.

Was reading around and it seems like the amount of PSN users is now the same as Xbox Live(14m). This includes PSP users too and Live includes Silver, PC, xbox1 and Gold. Wonder how many are PSP since the last big PSP firmware update added PSN. :smile:

The bad news is it shows how worthless online is for marketshare when you count the Wii...

Just played some Warhawk.

Not played that in months. Such a fun game. Would be extremely fun with a load of friends.

Good game. I used to play loads when my PS3 was new. Less games those days but PSN was standing out :) Street Fighter Tommorow.

Was reading around and it seems like the amount of PSN users is now the same as Xbox Live(14m). This includes PSP users too and Live includes Silver, PC, xbox1 and Gold. Wonder how many are PSP since the last big PSP firmware update added PSN. :smile:

The bad news is it shows how worthless online is for marketshare when you count the Wii...

Good game. I used to play loads when my PS3 was new. Less games those days but PSN was standing out :) Street Fighter Tommorow.

I was impressed at these numbers but then my cynics hat popped on and thought I have 3 PSN accounts, flameboyNE (european), flamingusa (USA PSN), japflamey (japanese PSN) and whilst I know it is only a proportion of users who will have this sort of set up there are probably still enough to skew the numbers...

I was impressed at these numbers but then my cynics hat popped on and thought I have 3 PSN accounts, flameboyNE (european), flamingusa (USA PSN), japflamey (japanese PSN) and whilst I know it is only a proportion of users who will have this sort of set up there are probably still enough to skew the numbers...

Yeah, same goes for Live. The numbers arent good either way.

Much like the percentage of people of people who really play on hd tv's. Even those who do many probably use a iffy Samsung. Shows you were Sony and Ms went wrong. Seems like Sony and MS tried to go too far ahead with online compared to Nintendo who had it right. From a business perspective. The only good thing is that with PS3, since it has everything, seems to encourage the use of online. Wonder what Wii figures are like.

Actually the Live number is only for Gold, paying members.

And 41 million PSP's have been sold and 16.84 million PS3's against Xbox 360's 22 million. Sure you've got the pc games but most use the same gamertag as their 360 and there is maybe 5000 max still playing xbox1 online.

So yeah good figures.

Yeah, same goes for Live. The numbers arent good either way.

Much like the percentage of people of people who really play on hd tv's. Even those who do many probably use a iffy Samsung. Shows you were Sony and Ms went wrong. Seems like Sony and MS tried to go too far ahead with online compared to Nintendo who had it right. From a business perspective. The only good thing is that with PS3, since it has everything, seems to encourage the use of online. Wonder what Wii figures are like.

"iffy Samsung"?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!