Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

That would be when it's unplugged, yes?

Not enough tongue-in-cheek console bashing going on these days.

:bowdown: too true lol there are some games that I'm interested in from the ones you listed... LBP maybe when I've finished some 360 games, Valkyria Chronicles... a possibility, Afrika seemed intruiging when it was announced but it's not on my "must-get" list, but yes I will be buying some of the big exclusives as and when they come out.

Mainly though for multiplatform games I tend to go for the 360 versions simply because there isn't much difference between the two and I prefer the controller... one thing I will say for the PS3 though mine has always been a lot quieter than my 360, mainly because it's off most of the time lols. :heh:

In all seriousness though out of the four PS3 games I have bought I have enjoyed every one of them and I look forward to enjoying a good few more. : peace:

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly though for multiplatform games I tend to go for the 360 versions simply because there isn't much difference between the two and I prefer the controller...

That's totally fair enough. It used to be the same for me until I received my fifth replacement machine. It reached the stage where I dreaded having to turn the 360 on. Incidentally, I've found that I'm actually more comfortable with a DualShock these days, which I never expected to happen; I guess it's just a matter of familiarity. Hell, I've even ditched my Achievement addiction, although Trophies have just taken their place — it's the prospect of the Platinums that draw me in, I think, as both systems are equally as pointless.

My Playstation has broken again. It doesn't read BluRays like last time. This time they are going to pick it up on Friday and do something with it within the following 10 working days.

I now hate the PS3. I have to re-download EVERYTHING again when it eventually comes back. I have to switch HDD again to send it off and again when it comes back. I then have to call so they can switch the rights to the new console for all my SingStar songs.

I'm upset. I knew this would happen again...it just had to.

Fuck you Sony.

in fairness, sounds like the ps3 died honerably, killing itself to protect you from the hulk, a truly awful movie.

like a dog taking on a bear for tis master.

I've been waiting for this rental to arrive for ages. I just wanted a mindless film to watch and relax to since I've had relentless work over the past couple months and work has been shit...and I just had to use all the money in my savings, which I had been saving to go to America for the past year, to pay for my tuition fees this year the other day... which was probably the most depressing thing I have ever done.

On top of all that crap my PS3 breaks for the second time.

I need a hug. *Please no internet hugs, they don't help*

My Playstation has broken again. It doesn't read BluRays like last time. This time they are going to pick it up on Friday and do something with it within the following 10 working days.

I now hate the PS3. I have to re-download EVERYTHING again when it eventually comes back. I have to switch HDD again to send it off and again when it comes back. I then have to call so they can switch the rights to the new console for all my SingStar songs.

Fuck you Sony.

Meanwhile I'm loving it! Just discovered the brilliant levels in LBP, completed the amazing Fallout 3 and at the final stages of Ratchet and Clank.

The system screams out awesome.

I'm just sorry I neglected my 360 for so long. With NXE I'm much more trusting of it.

Sony can go frotage against some razor wire.

...doesn't help my hatred for Japanese games companies has exploded since I started working at SquEx.

in fairness, the ps3s superiority is only in the eyes of the beholder, for me, its a far better console then the 360, but then i can see why 360 lovers love the 360.

days of feeling nintendo were supperior seem so long ago.

Totally agree.

You had it tough Daft. No PS3 owner should go through that. Cant you just take the HDD out or do backup? Seems like a bad repair job.

Square Enix are horrible. Thats not news. Also their idea of early means 2 years late.

Valkyria Chronicles...

OMG I forgot! Ordered. Its for £27.91 on lovefilm.com You can use discount vouchers with it as well ;) Was suppossed to come in rental but its been heaven on the Blu Ray front. Saw There will be Blood and Iron Man this week which were great.

Fuck you Sony.

Shit, sorry to hear that. Hope mine doesn't break again. (although to be honest i have hardly touched my PS3 in the last month...)

in fairness, the ps3s superiority is only in the eyes of the beholder, for me, its a far better console then the 360, but then i can see why 360 lovers love the 360.

days of feeling nintendo were supperior seem so long ago.

Everyone will obviously have their preferences of the 2 consoles. I for one love my Xbox. But some people seem to take it a bit too seriously. The 'My console is better than yours' argument is pretty sad to be quite honest. At the end of the day, why does it matter?

Everyone will obviously have their preferences of the 2 consoles. I for one love my Xbox. But some people seem to take it a bit too seriously. The 'My console is better than yours' argument is pretty sad to be quite honest. At the end of the day, why does it matter?

This man speaks the truth!

i used to be a nintendo fanboy to the exreeme, sneering (yes, sneering) at playstation owning friends.

i was egged on by ONM mind.

nowerdays i realise that i was a tool, and playstation was actualy a pretty good console.

i need more more money so i can get a 360 and be truly multi console, though for now i feel my ps3 suits me a little better. it looks to good to be true on the 52" HD telly downstairs, which its used for a blu ray player with.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!