• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got my PS3 today with LBP, GTA and TNA iMPACT! which I got for a fiver! First impressions are it's a lot slower than 360. Everything seems to load and take a while to do move, 360 is a much more streamilned experience. However the amount of content on offer here really makes up for it and I much prefer the playstation store to Marketplace. I had a little blast on Home, played chess and pool. Very nice and basic, but a bit pointless at the moment however the potential is huge and it boggles the mind to think about it! Not bad for a beta.

My PSN i.d is "nick-tendo" so please add me. I'm looking forward to sharing levels on LBP and deathmatches on GTA. One thing I did notice is how silent the machine is! Unbelievable after the 360. I've got a wirelss keyboard and headset and it all feels very hi-tec and while I am, in reality, slightly underwhelmed. (I just think the 360 does a few of the basics better.) It doesn't at all feel as "generic" as the 360 and I can see the potential eveywhere, I just hope Sony fulfill it! So overall I'm pleased and when I've finished GTA I'm gonna pick up Metal Gear and pick up where I left off in 1999 with the PSOne original! :)

Eh He means exclusive for Europe PSN users than USA PSN users.

Disgard what I said, i'm a penis.

Its late T_T *goes to sleep*

The picture update is great. I just copy from the media server and then organise. Even gives you what camera was used the focus. apeture etc... Some updates to the basic picture viewer as well.

Prince of Persia is great by the way. Starting to feel sad its going end.

Sony expects games division losses to increase by $337 million

Sony Corporation has said that it expects to record a net loss of JPY 150 billion (USD 1.68 billion / EUR 1.29 billion) for the financial year ending March 2009.

The company's PlayStation games division is expected to increase losses by approximately JPY 30 billion (USD 337 million / EUR 258 million) in the financial year, half of which is due to lower than expected sales.

For the fiscal year ended March 2008, the company made a profit of JPY 369.4 billion.

The company has primarily been affected by the economic slowdown and the strength of the yen making exports expensive.

The new forecast contrasts sharply with the previous guidance set in October last year, when Sony said that it expected to make a profit for the fiscal year of JPY 150 billion.

The company's other business segments fared no better. Sony's electronics division is expected to see losses grow JPY 340 billion, while Sony Pictures is anticipating an increase in loss of JPY 13 billion.

Sony's financial services division, which includes Sony Life Assurance, is expected to lose JPY 65 billion compared to previous forecasts, and all other business a further JPY 11 billion.

Update: Sony has revealed plans to cut costs at the business by JPY 250 billion, including the closure of one of its manufacturing sites in Japan, further consolidation of divisions and cuts to bonuses and salaries.

www.gamesindustry.biz

little if any effect on SCE.

Sony.net:

(2) In the Game segment, operating income (loss) is expected to be lower by approximately ¥30 billion. Of this, approximately ¥15 billion is due to the impact of the appreciation of the yen and approximately ¥15 billion is due to lower-than-expected sales.

Finished Prince of Persia. IMO one of the best games this gen.

Its a brilliant reboot of the series. Nothing like the previous games at all. Approach the game with an open mind. Lots of parallels with games like Shadow of the Collosus, ICO and fl0w interms of design. Its very artistic and unconventional.

Love the introduction of Elika. You still get some tough bits and long bits but overall having her saves a ton of wasted time. Story was simple yet great.

. Amazing music, great sound effects. Just liked the whole package.

Sony.net:

(2) In the Game segment, operating income (loss) is expected to be lower by approximately ¥30 billion. Of this, approximately ¥15 billion is due to the impact of the appreciation of the yen and approximately ¥15 billion is due to lower-than-expected sales.

Yeah hardly any job cuts. They infact brought a new studio for SOE.

My fucking DS3 trigger is knackered. The R2 activates at the slightest touch. Stupid Sony and their shoddy out of date bastard controller.

warranty ;) Though does sensitivty depend ongame?

Na, it sometimes presses itself under it's own weight.

I'll call Sony but I'm sure they'll say it is wear and tear.

Try. I have 4 pads. Only my second hand one has issues. :shakehead

lovefilm have a 10% deal on.

Use code: LOVEFILM10 at checkout

Killzone 2 £29.64

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue £10

Socom with official headset £30

Street Fighter 4 £26

Street fighter 4 special edition £54

RE5 £30

Cod4 £23

FEAR 2 £27

etc.

Lots of good deals on Blu Ray too.

Finishes Saturday 2pm.

If you are already with lovefilm for rentals you get the extra rental bonuses as usual.

:yay:

If Sony repair for free you get an extra 40GB hdd out of it.

o8s85y10.jpg

PS3 recovery menu. For those who really get stuck like The Lillster. Hope he sorts it out.

Well basicly I phoned Sony and I said what was happening, and the guy said he would send me a replacment on 5th of feb.

Pretty ridiculous though, since I only had it about a day and already started fucking up.

What I should of said is I want a 60gb US launch unit (you know the ones with 99% BC) modded firmware/hardware/ whatever to support region free everything. Also upgrade the harddisk to 80gb.

Also my problem isn't the HDD, because the screen will just go weird so I don't think it's to do with the HDD.

lovefilm have a 10% deal on.

Use code: LOVEFILM10 at checkout

Killzone 2 £29.64

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue £10

Socom with official headset £30

Street Fighter 4 £26

Street fighter 4 special edition £54

RE5 £30

Cod4 £23

FEAR 2 £27

etc.

Lots of good deals on Blu Ray too.

Finishes Saturday 2pm.

If you are already with lovefilm for rentals you get the extra rental bonuses as usual.

:yay:

Do you know what's delivery like? I might order KillZone 2 from there.

i am checking. Some say they despatch before release

Well basicly I phoned Sony and I said what was happening, and the guy said he would send me a replacment on 5th of feb.

Pretty ridiculous though, since I only had it about a day and already started fucking up.

What I should of said is I want a 60gb US launch unit (you know the ones with 99% BC) modded firmware/hardware/ whatever to support region free everything. Also upgrade the harddisk to 80gb.

Also my problem isn't the HDD, because the screen will just go weird so I don't think it's to do with the HDD.

all ps3 are region free . its the Ps2 bc that isnt. You need US PS2 games. IMO at this stage just go for a new PS3. Otherwise a PAL 60GB is your bet. Upgrade the disk to the largest size possible. You get speed gains as well.

That photo thing is awesome.

When the redbull thing went up. Whenever the hell that was.

God shows how long since I last went on, Red Bull thing wasn't on when I went on.

I've added pretty much everyone in the last few pages of this thread as a friend. :yay:

I'll accept later on today.

Still not sure about delivery with lovefilm for preorders. I will keep it for now but cancel if there are signs it will be late or i am busy. I am guessing Shopto is first choice right now? They delivery before release?

They added Far Cry 2 to European Home as well. IMO needs much much more still. I'd love them to add game launching like Warhawk.

Why use Home? Worthless application in my view. Yes it must have taken ages to make but I don't really care for it.

Use the PS3 for playing games, watching movies and videos and browsing. I don't need Sims on it, the money they used should have gone to something better.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!