NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
boymacwerter

Importing Revolution from US and using it online in UK?

I know there is supposed to be a world wide launch but I imported a Cube from the US and was very happy with the decision. My question is, could I import a US Revolution and have no problems with regard to using it online in the uk or will there be problems with that? Also is it possible to use a US Cube online at the moment? I never tried.

They are going to launch so close that theres no need to import really. Would you really risk having no online capabilities for the sake of a week or two?

They are going to launch so close that theres no need to import really. Would you really risk having no online capabilities for the sake of a week or two?

Probably not, but I want to play my cubegames on the Revolution, and all my cubegames are NTSC-USA, so...

Hopefully Rev-Online is working worldwide even if someone buy a japanese or a us version and games and play from europe.

hmm im not sure looking at this thread made me realize why nintendo are aiming for a worldwide launch. Not to compete with MS, but to avoid imports, in the past nintendo have had issues with importers (the shops) i dont remember why, but if you at least promise a worldwide launch you disrupt those potential import sales, as the higher price isnt worth getting it a couple weeks early (for some anyway).

Does anyone know why videogame companies have issues with importers?? Cos recently sony were doing something similar with regards the PSP, even though it was partially their own failure to ship on time which resulted in the spike in imports

Hopefully Rev-Online is working worldwide even if someone buy a japanese or a us version and games and play from europe.

It will be, and has been said that you can download a US game, for example, from a UK revolution. This will also be helpful for games that never came out here.

Yea it is quite likely that the cube support will be region free. Revolution wont be region free ofcoarse but i hardly see how the cube games should matter as nobody will be buying them anymore.

Probably not, but I want to play my cubegames on the Revolution, and all my cubegames are NTSC-USA
You could hope that the freeloader will work with the Rev! :hmm:

Yea it is quite likely that the cube support will be region free. Revolution wont be region free ofcoarse but i hardly see how the cube games should matter as nobody will be buying them anymore.

more likely that the downloads will be region free. id love to get my hands on some kind of immense japanese bullet hell game for a while.

Neah, if online works on a US Rev from europe (Rev-games that is) I'll probably get one from US.

Maybe I wont save money on the console, but I will most likelly save money on the games.

I have saved about $10-20 on each game so far.

wait until the launch dates have been announced, once they have you should have enough information to make an informed decision

I hope it does. I've got Naruto 3, so I want it too. I'm also gonna get Naruto 4 and probably Cubivore & Megaman Collection. I bet it doesn't though. We'll have to wait & see.

If you want to play your GC games, why not just play them on your Cube?

I wouldn't risk importing a Revolution; downloading games of course won't be a problem (doesn't matter where you're from and stuff, you can all download the same stuff), but I'm not sure you can even get online with your Revolution.

Like some people said, just wait till the release dates have been revealed -and- there's a bit more information about how the Revolution will work with online play and stuff.

well i will wait for it to come out here. no point taking the risk.

if you wait long enough there will be no risk.

logically if you have £200 to burn just import a NTSC revolution, worst case scenario it will be your offline single player only + NTSC GC games revolution, then you can get a second revolution (this time a PAL one) for online play and the nes/snes/N64 catalogue, plus multiplayer (WiFi connection) games.

if you don't have £200 to burn then wait and don't take the risk, wait till you know the facts so you can make a balanced and well thought out decision.

most people would go for option 2.

personally I'm waiting for the PAL release (and won't be buying direct from nintendo after getting a NTSC metroid demo, making it redundant.)

Internet its the same every where, if thats the only problem them import it. But whats the point really, you just have to wait some weeks...

I'd wait until you find what the actual release dates for the Rev in different territories is. That way you can decide if you can wait or not.

Dude, the gap Japan - Europe is confirmed to be fourteen weeks maximum. Maybe you'll have to wait a month extra but it's worth the ability to play European games rather than importing all your games.

I thought of importing it, but it probably gets stuck in customs, so bleh...

Dude, the gap Japan - Europe is confirmed to be fourteen weeks maximum. Maybe you'll have to wait a month extra but it's worth the ability to play European games rather than importing all your games.

14 weeks= 3 1/2 months.A long wait if you ask me!

Maybe you'll have to wait a month extra but it's worth the ability to play European games rather than importing all your games.

No its not, importing saves me MUCH money, I can pretty much buy almost twice as many when I import.

If Revolution is regionfree for gamecubegames then that is another issue, if it is I might not import.

But must I own a US-Revolution to play my US-gamecubegames I'll import (dont use or want to use Freeloader)

Sign in to follow this