NEurope
gaggle64

The World Ends With You - Squeenix Fashion-Dance-JRPG!

Went to both the Games, gamestation, Zavvi and this small game shop in my city and none of them had the game. Very strange. I haven't bought a game week one in yonks but I thought I'd support this one as it really does seem to be getting alot of glowing reviews.

Guess I'll pop into HMV tomorrow before I go to the pics.

Is there a pattern you have to follow when you're controlling Shiki? I'm just button bashing at the moment and it;s working I can't seem to get to grips with using both screens.

I usually just pick left or right and stick with that, it works aswell because ive been getting fusions left, right and centre.

"The proof is in the pudding... of their doom!"

That guy is full of great quotes.

Onto day six now still loving it. Im also playing with my level halfed for better pin drops.

Im only on like day one or two, (first save prompt) anyway very impressed so far, but dont quite understand the top screen battles.

Is it like DDR, press the buttons to the beat/rhythm or is it like just press arrows.

Cheers.

Just press the buttons. You can get away with just mashing left or right really.

I hate Joshua the kid is a little punk, although Neku puts him in his place everytime you do a fusion attack :)

Im at the Hachiko bit now, listening out for help using Neku's mind raping ability, and still no help, its just random shit.

Tried taking a closer look and touching the blue spot I see, no dice.

Edit - Done now, Im really enjoying this game, alot of unique features, the level tuning is an absolutely amazing idea, currently level 9 but playing at level 1, probably explains why I find this game a tad difficult.

Getting the hang of the top screen aswell I guess, I'd probably say thats the hardest bit of battling, she dies easily if you do nothing, but when you try and you do something wrong, Neku's paying the price. Argh

I hate Joshua the kid is a little punk, although Neku puts him in his place everytime you do a fusion attack :)

I'm finding it tough keeping Yoshiya away from attacks since he's too lazy to jump.

I've finished this, and it's now one of my favourite games of all time. Anyone playing this for the first time right now is so lucky... enjoy.

Oh, and why haven't N-Europe reviewed this?

I just bought this game yesterday! :D I've barely stopped playing it so far! it's just so good!

I love it. :grin: The combat system is Ace and i really like the characters and the story has me very interested. A really refreshing experience but also familiar at the same time. (which is a good thing!:))

The music is also Excellent. The idea of the Pins are great. I've mastered all but one of my Pins so far and I'm working on that at the moment.

It's great, isn't it? The storyline is the best in an RPG for years in my opinion.

I must say, it warms my heart every time I see someone else who's bought the game. It's one sale closer to a sequel, heh. By the way, as I see "N-E Staff" under your username, would you be able to help me with my review query?

Oh, and why haven't N-Europe reviewed this?

Because some developers (like Square-Enix) think they're too important to reply to requests for review copies from me.

It's great, isn't it? The storyline is the best in an RPG for years in my opinion.

I must say, it warms my heart every time I see someone else who's bought the game. It's one sale closer to a sequel, heh. By the way, as I see "N-E Staff" under your username, would you be able to help me with my review query?

Strangely enough! I noticed this yesterday as I was looking for a reviews on it (to see whether I wanted it :))

Some developers feel we are too low down the chain I guess!

Ooh I hope they continue with a sequal that would be good. Does anyone know if this game sold well or not?

Also Welcome to the Forums. :D

@Tellyn

Ah, OK, thanks. When I began my crusade yesterday to attempt to sell as many copies of TWEWY as possible, little did I think that my chief opponent would be Square-Enix... for Pete's sake. What does it cost them to send you review code?

@CoolnessBears

Thanks! Personally I think it would a travesty if they didn't do a sequel. Still, if Beyond Good and Evil can get one, TWEWY stands an even better chance. Though if the BG&E pattern holds, the sequel will no doubt be on PSP or something. :) ...

@Tellyn

Ah, OK, thanks. When I began my crusade yesterday to attempt to sell as many copies of TWEWY as possible, little did I think that my chief opponent would be Square-Enix... for Pete's sake. What does it cost them to send you review code?

@CoolnessBears

Thanks! Personally I think it would a travesty if they didn't do a sequel. Still, if Beyond Good and Evil can get one, TWEWY stands an even better chance. Though if the BG&E pattern holds, the sequel will no doubt be on PSP or something. :) ...

It's great to see you spreading the love of such a good game! :grin:

I would very much like a sequal and I have not even completed this one yet!

Putting it on a PSP is a bad Idea! :shakehead that would make me a sad bear!

Luckily it's not by Ubisoft! :heh:

@Tellyn

Your heart and soul. The same applies to Ubisoft and various other companies. :indeed:

Got this yesterday, and it's led to a complete appreciation of my DS. I am loving this game.

It's a crime it didn't do too great at the tills, but then again, I'm sort of glad that Squeenix won't milk this one to a bone.

I heartily encourage all DS owners looking for something a bit different to pick this up. It has the soul of an epic, fully customizable RPG, with the body of a totally modern, contemporary Japanese action game. If the day comes that RPGs are like today's FPS - milked, cliched and dull - then I hope the world looks upon this game to see which direction to go. It breathes new life into the genre, while retaining some level of accessibility. Must-buy.

Mr. Bears has written an excellent review of the game, just waiting on graphics then it can go up.

After being kinda disappointed with Etrian Odyssey, I traded it in along with a few other titles that were a letdown for me to get this. Brilliant yet kind of difficult purchase.

Fuck me, now the final boss is insane. Good thing I saved at a decent location, hopefully they'l let me train some more.

Probably need a decent heal pin.