NEurope
Tellyn

The Ultimate Christmas Movie?

the one where everyone dies in a plane crash by burning horribly in liquid fuel as it floods the plane, strewn across the cold barren wastes of remote, unmapped Siberia.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned It's a Wonderful Life yet. *Bell Rings* "Attaboy Clarence".... *sniff* it gets me everytime. Yep, definately It's a Wonderful Life followed by Die Hard as an antidote to a sentimental overload.

I adore the film about a boy who just wants a pop gun all chrimbo and he battles bullies etc and it's all about growing up. it's like the Wonder Years and Eerie Indiana but Christmassy. Shame I can NEVER remember what it is called :( But yeah, that wins!!

ANY HELP?!

But it also has to be The Snowman. When he burns his snowballs on the motorbike, you know it's awesome.

Other than that...Wallace and gromit are good chrimbo oddities.

There is no better Christmas movie for me and my mates than Die Hard.

The ultimate christmas film.

i was going to say national lampoons christmas vacation but this wins.

Christmas films generally arenn't great. Some are so bad they are good. Jingle all the way for ya.

Im amazed nobody has mentioned Santa Claus Conquers The Martians yet!

But seriously id probably go for either Home Alone or The Santa Clause.

It used to be Santa Claus with Dudley Moore when I was younger but I tried watching it last year and just got bored and turned over.

Im amazed nobody has mentioned Santa Claus Conquers The Martians yet!

But seriously id probably go for either Home Alone or The Santa Clause.

It used to be Santa Claus with Dudley Moore when I was younger but I tried watching it last year and just got bored and turned over.

I came in to suggest that very movie! So shite it's awesome!

Jingle All the Way, Home Alone, Die Hard and The Santa Clause are all great Christmas movies to watch over the holidays, and lets not forget The Great Escape.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned It's a Wonderful Life yet. *Bell Rings* "Attaboy Clarence".... *sniff* it gets me everytime. Yep, definately It's a Wonderful Life followed by Die Hard as an antidote to a sentimental overload.

I'm glad someone mentioned it. It's just so timeless. It's a film you truly can watch every year and still feel affected.

It's a Wonderful Life

Scrooge (the musical version starring Albert Finney)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Nightmare Before Christmas

Home Alone

Scrooged

All films I try to watch on Christmas Eve - I never work on this day, everything's done. Time to relax. It's just beer, snacks and DVDs all day baby!! My favourite day of the year

And I know this film is about Thanksgiving, but Planes, Trains and Automobiles - a man trying to get home to his family for the holidays is a pretty fitting choice too.