Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Muhammad Teddy Bear

Dante

We really need to keep Islam out of this country. If it was up to the followers of Islam, we'd be allowing sharia law here. Look at most of the countries which have Islam as it's main religion, would you want to live in them? I wouldn't. I have no problem with some immigration, just keep shitty religions out of here.

To be honest, they're fanatics, and not really proper muslims. I know a lot of muslim people, and most of them are great, no different from anyone, they just have a slightly different way of living. I think it's a bit extreme to say you need to keep "Islam" out. What we do need to keep out, are idiots without a sense of judgment, who blindly and strictly adhere to arcane principles that aren't even part of their religion; the fundamentalists that make up the media image of Islam. Other than that, Islam is just as bad as Catholicism, or every other system of belief based on fear and insecurity; every religion under the sun.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, they're fanatics, and not really proper muslims. I know a lot of muslim people, and most of them are great, no different from anyone, they just have a slightly different way of living. I think it's a bit extreme to say you need to keep "Islam" out. What we do need to keep out, are idiots without a sense of judgment, who blindly and strictly adhere to arcane principles that aren't even part of their religion; the fundamentalists that make up the media image of Islam. Other than that, Islam is just as bad as Catholicism, or every other system of belief based on fear and insecurity; every religion under the sun.

I'll go get the lube. I love you, man. I really do.

I don't hate muslims, if I did, I'd admit it. I just don't like Islam, and don't want it here. This isn't a racial issue for me, it's a religious one. As for the poll, I got it from here. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/19/nsharia19.xml

Make no mistake, F_Link, I have no hatred for you, and have no problem with people like you being here, I am just wary of Islam in this country. I don't think you can blame me for that.

Define a proper muslim? I'd say someone who follows the koran literally without picking or choosing what they follow, is about as big a muslim you will ever get personally. You could say the same about Christians for sure with the bible, but there aren't anywhere as near as many fanatics in that religion as Islam.

You could say the same about Christians for sure with the bible, but there aren't anywhere as near as many fanatics in that religion as Islam.

Oh please, there are easliy as many, if not more - they're the ones keeping evolution as being referred to as "the theory of evolution" - they're attempting to cripple education and science under the guise of freedom of speech.

The main difference is that Muslims have killed people for their religion more recently than Christians.

It's within my life time that Christians were killing one another for their religion - in a little place called Northern Ireland.

QFT.

I agree with you completely, +12,000 respect points.

Probably the best post around here for a good while.

I'm not about to go ahead and defend Christians, because I'm not a fan of Christianity either, but they aren't exactly bombing buses, or flying planes in to building, or threatening murder because of some stupid ass cartoons. Also, you pointed out one example of killing when it came to Christians, hardly a world wide problem with the religion, as it is with Islam.

Define a proper muslim? I'd say someone who follows the koran literally without picking or choosing what they follow, is about as big a muslim you will ever get personally. You could say the same about Christians for sure with the bible, but there aren't anywhere as near as many fanatics in that religion as Islam.

A muslim, according to the Quran itself, is someone who believes in one god and accepts Mohammad as the final prophet of god. Plain and simple. Of course, many people do this because they have been forced to by the circumstances of their birth, rather than any conclusion of their own...so you add that factor, and sometimes you come to, as with any tradition, people with completely skewed perceptions, taught not to think, and who blindly uphold things they don't even understand themselves.

What you need to realise, is that these people aren't good examples, or even remotely the most abundant example of your typical muslim.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person who would defend religion, but I think your hate or indignation is a little misdirected. Religion, like any other form of human thought should be put to trail, unfortunately, the same people who believe in these things so vehemently themselves, are so insecure that they'd rather not let that happen.

I'm not about to go ahead and defend Christians, because I'm not a fan of Christianity either, but they aren't exactly bombing buses, or flying planes in to building, or threatening murder because of some stupid ass cartoons. Also, you pointed out one example of killing when it came to Christians, hardly a world wide problem with the religion, as it is with Islam.

One of the most important laws in Islam is that you can't take another persons life, or you will go to hell. Just pointing out that no "muslim" would take the lives of innocent people.

As for Christianity...ever heard of the IRA? I wouldn't really class them as Christians either, but thats what they claim, and we all need a scapegoat right? ;)

A muslim, according to the Quran itself, is someone who believes in one god and accepts Mohammad as the final prophet of god. Plain and simple. Of course, many people do this because they have been forced to by the circumstances of their birth, rather than any conclusion of their own...so you add that factor, and sometimes you come to, as with any tradition, people with completely skewed perceptions, taught not to think, and who blindly uphold things they don't even understand themselves.

What you need to realise, is that these people aren't good, or even remotely the most abundant example of your typical muslim.

Yeah, that's fine, but followers are still picking and choosing what to follow in the religion. I'd still say anyone who follows the koran literally, and doesn't pick and choose which of it to obey, is more of a muslim than someone who who does pick and choose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person who would defend religion, but I think your hate or indignation is a little misdirected. Religion, like any other form of human thought should be put to trail, unfortunately, the same people who believe in these things so vehemently themselves, are so insecure that they'd rather not let that happen.

I hate all religion, not a fan of any of it, part of the reason for my atheism. I don't think it's unreasonable to be wary of a religion when a lot of it's followers in this country believe in bringing backward laws here. Islam is far more of a threat to this country than Christianity, there for I don't like it even more than the others.

One of the most important laws in Islam is that you can't take another persons life, or you will go to hell. Just pointing out that no "muslim" would take the lives of innocent people.

As for Christianity...ever heard of the IRA? I wouldn't really class them as Christians either, but thats what they claim, and we all need a scapegoat right? ;)

[/color]

I could be wrong about this, but I think the koran only believes muslims to be innocent. Everyone else is fair game. There's also no point in going in to this in to more detail, as religions notoriously contradict theirselves, and it's getting away from the core issue, that this country is a less safe place to live in with Islam, than it would be without. When Islam cleans itself up, I'll have no problem with them being here, until then, I don't want it anywhere near. Islam should prove itself in the countries it's already dominant in, before we let it come over here.

Nope, I've read the Quran, all human life is of equal value. I mean, come on, you can't take these people seriously, Saudi Arabia, the big "Islamic Nation" or so it deems itself, has a monarchy, which basically contravenes the idea of democracy; another key part of Islam. I'm not saying that some people that call themselves "muslims" aren't dangerous, I'm saying that you should know all the facts before you pass judgment on an entire system of belief.

I get what you mean a little though, "god" sure is a bitch to let these assholes get away with some of the shit they do in his name...some, like me, would take that as reason enough to say he doesn't give a fuck about us, so we might aswell not give a fuck about him, if he's even there. Which I doubt. I'll stop now :p

Well religions contradict theirselves all of the time. I could go and google some Koran quotes which will contradict your claims that all life is of equal value. You want an example? Well it's a little known fact that muslims used to take white christian slaves when they washed up ashore, and they were considered to be gifts from god. They were treated about as well as dogs, and were often traded like pieces of meat. The koran says this is OK. Again though, this is getting away from the core issue, which to me is whether this country is better with, or without, Islam in it, and to me, this country is far better off without Islam in it, with Islam being in the state it is currently in.

Muslims are teh evil right? Well, not too long ago our great and powerful and oh so good BRITISH EMPIRE killed hordes of "savage natives" (pagans) in the name of Christ. In fact, one of the first machine guns crafted by the British - The Maxim gun - was herald as a Christian weapon to 'cure' the native peoples they encountered...ofcourse by death.

But for some reason, those who are ready to air their igno-rant at Muslims are quick to forget this or unwilling to bring it up.

The people in Sudan who made that judgement to arrest that woman for that reason are just clearly ignorant...Are YOU?

Muslims are teh evil right? Well, not too long ago our great and powerful and oh so good BRITISH EMPIRE killed hordes of "savage natives" (pagans) in the name of Christ. In fact, one of the first machine guns crafted by the British - The Maxim gun - was herald as a Christian weapon to 'cure' the native peoples they encountered...ofcourse by death.

But for some reason, those who are ready to air their igno-rant at Muslims are quick to forget this or unwilling to bring it up.

The people in Sudan who made that judgement to arrest that woman for that reason are just clearly ignorant...Are YOU?

It's easy to come out and say that the British did this, and the British did that. But back in the day, Christianity was probably as backward as Islam currently is, but it's clearly not any more. When Islam reaches where Western civilization is now, then I'll be fine with it. Until then, keep it away. Be honest here, would you be happy with this country being an Islamic state? With the rate that Islam is coming in to this country, Muslims may want their own government, and what if Islam hasn't made enough strides to combat it's current state? It'd be a nightmare, really.

We don't live in a world where everyone gets along, we live in a world where murder, rape, and terrorism is around. To stick your head in the sand, and say not all muslims are like that is being naive. We must take the appropriate measures to protect our way of life.

Stuff You Said

You're confusing Islam with people who claim to be Muslim but fail to uphold any of the religions moral codes. And I think it's pretty farcical to "search google" and come up with a bunch of quotes. Why not try reading it in context?

Still, Islam has the same huge, gaping faults as all other religions. I just think you really don't know the first thing about it, and you're so angry and hateful towards it, which quite frankly, says a whole bunch, considering that's the very characteristic you fear in "muslims" to begin with.

Just, chill, and accept that the people who react in the way the people reacted to that woman's innocent "mistake," aren't necessarily representative of the whole mkay ;)

It's easy to come out and say that the British did this, and the British did that. But back in the day, Christianity was probably as backward as Islam currently is, but it's clearly not any more. When Islam reaches where Western civilization is now, then I'll be fine with it. Until then, keep it away. Be honest here, would you be happy with this country being an Islamic state? With the rate that Islam is coming in to this country, Muslims may want their own government, and what if Islam hasn't made enough strides to combat it's current state? It'd be a nightmare, really.

Are you SERIOUSLY worried about this country turning into an Islamic state? SERIOUSLY!!? That just sounds like typical British xenophobia aka 'White Fright'. This country will never be Islamic in our lifetimes and probably never will in the distant future.

Are you SERIOUSLY worried about this country turning into an Islamic state? SERIOUSLY!!? That just sounds like typical British xenophobia aka 'White Fright'. This country will never be Islamic in our lifetimes and probably never will in the distant future.

You say we're xenophobic, but that's a Greek word, mate. :indeed:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!