NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

Jesus...not a lot of great feedback on this

On a lot of sites and forums I've looked at, many people are saying they are actually laughing at the controller. On first sight, without knowing what it can do, it looks like a remote control with a D-pad and a few buttons stuck on in the worst possible places. Which it does look like - because no one can see what it can do purely though an image.

I'd be worried that there'll be a tidalwave of people following suit and basing their opinions purely on what it looks like...it's a shame Nintendo didn't even give us one demonstration of how it could work with onscreen displays.

Public opinion tops the sales charts, unfortunately. However, it's their loss, not ours!

in all honesty, when i saw the photo i was totaly gutted, i thought it looked crap and wopuld play like a dead donkeys balls, but seeing the video of it, reading what it could do, that made me realise that its actualy the revolution, not the console but the way you interact with it. its not gonna appeal to the casual gamer, but thats really there problem.

in all honesty, when i saw the photo i was totaly gutted, i thought it looked crap and wopuld play like a dead donkeys balls, but seeing the video of it, reading what it could do, that made me realise that its actualy the revolution, not the console but the way you interact with it. its not gonna appeal to the casual gamer, but thats really there problem.

Yes. That's the same way Stocka felt this morning at 6:45. Then he watched the video and fell instantly in love. As did I :happy:

I think it helped that I went to IGN first, saw the picture and thought, "It's a TV remote!" then read all the details and got to know what it was actually about. Sadly, it seems even a lot of website authors are just running with that first impression without considering whether they're being logical about their assumptions.

On first sight, it actually looks more complicated than a conventional pad, so Nintendo can't afford to put people off even though they say it's simple to use.

Am I the only person who didn't laugh the first time they saw the controller? I saw it, was slightly confused, but I never judged it until I had more info. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and it's clear with this. I didn't let myself be judgemental in the slightest until I had a proper understanding of what I was looking at. Why other people can't do this is beyond me.

Am I the only person who didn't laugh the first time they saw the controller? I saw it, was slightly confused, but I never judged it until I had more info. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and it's clear with this. I didn't let myself be judgemental in the slightest until I had a proper understanding of what I was looking at. Why other people can't do this is beyond me.

I didn't laugh.

in all honesty, when i saw the photo i was totaly gutted, i thought it looked crap and wopuld play like a dead donkeys balls

Which play pretty well, mind you. :p

Nintendo will do mega promotional stuff when the launch of the Revolution comes near and then many important titles will be finished too so I don't see any problems at all.

how about they show the game, the action looking amazine, then some one looking like a sputz playing it, and have a caption with something like "image is in the eye of the player" cos it would be slightly ammusing and makes a point about the current games market being to focused on cool.

I have a feeling that the look of the controller won't matter. The look of the games will mater. so as long as it's easy to play I think no-one really minds what the controller looks like.

Oh by the way I think it looks really cool. Welll done Nintendo (again) :bow:

On a lot of sites and forums I've looked at, many people are saying they are actually laughing at the controller. On first sight, without knowing what it can do, it looks like a remote control with a D-pad and a few buttons stuck on in the worst possible places. Which it does look like - because no one can see what it can do purely though an image.

I'd be worried that there'll be a tidalwave of people following suit and basing their opinions purely on what it looks like...it's a shame Nintendo didn't even give us one demonstration of how it could work with onscreen displays.

thats exactly how the casual gaming public will see it, a remote. at first glance little interest will be taken, therefore people wont hang around to find out what it can actually do. before you can say 'remote' microsoft and sony have just bagged another sale.

The first thing I watched was Iwatas speech. When they finally revealed it I was like "WTF???" I was slightly confused - after all the rumours, I was ready for almost anything but not a DVD remote that doubled as a pair of nunchucks (i mean seriously, who saw THAT coming). But as the video played and I got an idea about what you could use it for, I got really excited. My favourite idea is using it as a sword. Imagine an online (possibly first-person) sword fighting game (say, a Soul Calibre Revolution), where you have to parry and attack your opponent. Uber cool, simple to pick up, no fiddly button combos to master, but ultimately the most skillful player will be the one who wins. I've been buzzing about stuff like this ever since! That controller is GENIUS! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yup yup, now its time to look at some games, please Nintendo. Stop showing us what we can do with the controller and show us what we will do with it!!

Yup yup, now its time to look at some games, please Nintendo. Stop showing us what we can do with the controller and show us what we will do with it!!

why would they show you a video of me beating a tramp to death with it?

Dont worry about reactions at this time. People were just as nasty about the DS, calling it a gimmick and saying it would be shit and fail.

Unfortunetly people dont use their imaginations much, they need to be force fed ideas.

Here is one for the casual gamers...GTA, use the controller to slash and stab, punch, aim and shoot guns, throw grenades. You get in a car/plane, you turn the controller sideways and its like you're really driving, piloting.

Sign in to follow this