Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Attach rates?

Phube

For the Wii

Wii Sports (11.58 million) (packaged with system in all regions [9.5 million bundled], except Japan [2.08 million sold])

Wii Play (4.49 million)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3.61 million)

Mario Party 8 (2.89 million)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)

Super Paper Mario (1.74 million)

Big Brain Academy for Wii (1.38 million)

Mario Strikers Charged Football (1.33 million)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)

Red Steel (1 million)

Resident Evil 4 (1 million)

For the XBOX 360

Gears of War (4 million)[16]

Halo 3 (3.3 million in US)[17]

Crackdown (1.5 million)[18]

Perfect Dark Zero (1.5 million)[19]

Call of Duty 2 (1.4 million)[20]

Saints Row (1.4 million shipped)[21]

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (1.4 million)[22]

Dead Rising (1.3 million)[22]

Madden NFL 07 (1.1 million in US)[23]

Dead or Alive 4 (1 million)[24]

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 million)[23]

For PS3

Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)[98]

MotorStorm (1 million)[99]

This is not a list of attach rates, but of million sellers on each system, I think from this a lone you can say software sales on Wii are far more healthy than on PS3.

Basing it on UK figures its roughly:

PS3: 3.49

Wii: 2.67

360: 7.14

The 360 and Wii figures were done using slightely older game sales data so should probably be a teeny bit higher. Also the Wii figure doesn't include Wii sports so obviously if it did the Wii would be at 3.67.

No, you can't say that because it's been sold far less PS3 systems than Wii systems.

Can't find the link, but I remember X360 has around 6 while PS3 and Wii has around 4 (Wii Play included though).

exactly.

And also, te quality of those xbox 360 games are higher than the Wii games by a long shot.

Ahhh, that makes sense!!!

Doesn't it? The older a console is, the more games its owners will have.

Quality games-argument may be valid as of now, but it would be only fair to say that after its first year, the 360 was crap compared to the Wii.

Doesn't it? The older a console is, the more games its owners will have.

Quality games-argument may be valid as of now, but it would be only fair to say that after its first year, the 360 was crap compared to the Wii.

:wtf: I wasn't being sarcastic... I just never thought about it being out longer... It was a realisation "Ahhhh".

Hence the "That makes sense!" bit! ?????

Wii: 13.17 million worldwide.

DS: 53.64 million worldwide.

Wii tie ratio = 4.997 including Wii Sports

DS tie ratio = 4.837

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/071025e.pdf

Note that Wii sports is not bundled in Japan, therefore counting, say... 14 million Wii's, there's not 14 million Wii Sports units (and in japan they should count as normal software?) Therefore there's easily a 4 games tie ratio without Wii sports (but counting Wii Play)

First year software sales: (without Wii Sports)

28k7o0l.png

Even if our atach rate is lower than X360 was... we sold a bucketload more consoles, meaning more software sold overall.

Also interesting:

p22.gif

p23.gif

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/2002/nintendos_numbers_the_state_of_.php

...and it has more top quality games than either the PS3 or Wii.

who says...

And thnks Pedro, awesome graphs which proves what I was trying to say with the million sellers list. And another good point about Wii Sports too, it's not bundled in Japan, and who cares if it is, plenty of games are bundled with in store deals etc.

Sorry 'bout that Phube, it's just that the internet if oftentimes more of a birthplace for sarcasm that for genuine, well-intended statements :)

Nice graphs Pedro, thought you actually made those for a moment - 'til I saw the hotlink to gamasutra.

who says...

Lots of people here for a start... including me.

How did I KNOW you were gonna say something like this? The 360 does have a lot of high quality games on it. Its a general conscensus, doesn't mean any of us like Nintendo any less.