NEurope
Coolness Bears

Plays and Musicals!

Recently i saw Waiting for Godot and really enjoyed it and although on the surface it's semmingly nothing, you can sense that there is a deeper meaning to the play then what is shown which i'm learning about at A level as well as interpreting the play for myself. :)

A Musical i have seen and enjoyed was Les Miserables, it was a stirring Musical as it was based on a true story and i really loved all the different songs in it. They were powerful and Moving! :D

A play i didn't like, was Macbeth in the Globe Theatre because it was done in morden dress which i didn't particularly enjoy seeing, as i didn't get the feeling i was watching Macbeth but a bunch of drunk buisness men wearing party hats... :shakehead

What Plays or Musicals have you seen at the theatre? did you enjoy them?

What is your favourite?

I saw LOTR in London during the Summer, it was fantastic. :D My mum's booked tickets for Blood Brothers on Wednesday too.

My favourite musical = Phantom of The Opera

My favourite play = The Field

I love acting. I do a lot of it :D

Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas, a lyrically stunning play. If I'm honest though I can't really say I enjoy watching plays all that much.

Measure for Measure is definitely my favorite Shakespeare play.

Saw Joseph in the summer, was fantastic!

Going to see Wicked for my birthday in december, supposed to be amazing =D

I saw LOTR in London during the Summer, it was fantastic. :D My mum's booked tickets for Blood Brothers on Wednesday too.

I'd love to see blood brothers. I had to do a some of that play for drama in year 9 and it was awesome.

I've been to see Joseph twice now, one time was with the original cast minus Donovan (Philip Scofield instead) in Edinburgh. Second time was in Glasgow. Went to see Jesus Christ Superstar a few years back and in the Summer we went down to London to see The Sound of Music which was amazing.

Really want to go and see more, I love them. Want to see The Phantom of the Opera sometime as I've heard it's great and its by ALW.

Saw Henry V at the library theater a few weeks ago, has to be my favourite live play I've seen. Seen quite a lot, mostly Shakespeare though. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and Waiting For Godot were also really funny on stage.

Last play I saw was 12th Night starring Mathew Kelly (!), of all people. Twas good. I like Shakespeare.

Last musical..can't remember! Probably Mama Mia, and that was like 3 years ago.

I liked Cats, until my sister literally either had the soundtrack or DVD on all day for about a year.

Saw Henry V at the library theater a few weeks ago, has to be my favourite live play I've seen. Seen quite a lot, mostly Shakespeare though. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and Waiting For Godot were also really funny on stage.

That's true! I was laughing a lot while watching Waiting for Godot! :laughing:

I found it to be a very humerous play! :D

Portuguese musicals and, well, most musicals are the scorn of God. But I haven't seen a lot, so I can't say, as a whole they suck, but I presumo that most of them do.

I hate it when they don't act natural. Ugh.

Portuguese musicals and, well, most musicals are the scorn of God. But I haven't seen a lot, so I can't say, as a whole they suck, but I presumo that most of them do.

I hate it when they don't act natural. Ugh.

Touché.

I like some musicals (movies, not plays), but very few.

Blood Brothers is fantastic. My favourite musical.

Saw Tarzan on Broadway.

We were going to see Lion King, but there weren't any seats left. Tarzan was still pretty badass.

I went with the school to see Blood Brothers at the Hippodrome 3 years ago. For our Drama GCSE.

I didn't have much hope for it, as it was a musical, but it was fucking amazing. And the trip there was good too...

"You see that, Stee? Villa Park. You see it? That's what you call a football stadium!" :laughing:

Musical-wise I'd seen Wicked and The King and I. Both were amazing, going down next year with my mother to watch two more. Hairspray and something else I believe. Possibly Mama Mia or Phantom.

Play-wise I've not seen much. Got 'into' theatre about a year ago, and was down in Edinburgh for a Youth Theatre festival where I saw some excellent plays! I was also in Edinbrugh this weekend, where I saw The Pearlfish at the Traverse - it was also fantastic!

I have been almost every year for the last 10 or so to the christmas pantomime, they are always good =]

I haven't been to see many plays or musicals, but I would say Journey's End was a pretty good play, quite funny at some points to.

Plays and musicals rock!

I absolutely Love Joseph. I know like all the words!

Pantomimes are always a good laugh at christmas time too.

Haven't been to a play in a while, going to one in a couple of weeks called "20,000 Leagues Under the Office". It's a comedy, so hopefully it'll be funny.

Only saw Welsh play's when I did GCSE drama, and I missed out on seeing Blood Brother with GCSE English for some wild reason! I saw the Grease musical while it was on tour, but found the song's boring but enjoyed the dialogue and acting very much.

I'd love to see Spamalot and Cats someday. Unsure about seeing Ben Elton's We Will Rock You tho...