N-Europe

Adverts on TV

Falcon_BlizZACK

...Just felt we need a thread dedicated to tv ads...lol..

Has anyone seen this Redbull advert, where a woman is screaming for help outside but the man who hears her closes his windows because he doesn't have Redbull left in his fridge (no redbull, no wings)...As funny as it was, it felt a bit 'low', that woman seemed to be screaming as if she was about to be raped. Whats your view or opinion on any other ad?

It can't just be random, it has to be cleverly executed and have something to make you remember - in this case:

- The purple background, purple is associated with Cadburys

- The phrase "Milk and a half" - printed on all their wrappers.

You may not notice these things but subconsciously you will recognize and associate them. :)

Haha, I never thought of that. What a clever idea. Making a random advert that has no connection with the product, but making it so random that people remember it.

Yeah...Thats why those PR people study for 3 years. We remember the drumming gorilla and then remember cadburys....Though I'm not convinced it made me want to buy a Cadbury chocolate over a Galaxy.

It can't just be random, it has to be cleverly executed and have something to make you remember - in this case:

- The purple background, purple is associated with Cadburys

- The phrase "Milk and a half" - printed on all their wrappers.

You may not notice these things but subconsciously you will recognize and associate them. :)

Oh, well yeah of course. The whole cadbury's logo at the start and at the end. But I mean who would think of using a gorrilla playing the drums to advertise a chocolate bar? That's why it's so awesome.

Can anyone remember the bouncy ball advert for Bravia TVs?? That was alright but then there was an effing brilliant parody of it where instead of bouncy balls there were fruit and they just smashed the street up!

I think it was for a juice drink...

Can anyone remember the bouncy ball advert for Bravia TVs?? That was alright but then there was an effing brilliant parody of it where instead of bouncy balls there were fruit and it just smashed the street up!

I think it was for a juice drink...

That advert rocked. One of the best advert on tv I've ever seen. So awesome. (I need a link to the spoof advert!!!)

I love these threads, but it doesn't feel right without EEVILMURRAY starting it! :P

Too fucking right. But no one seems to appreciate the adverts that blow.

I see people are mentioning that Gorilla raping Dairy Milk. I personally don't like the ad, but people are spunking all over their screens. I assume it's more of a hypodermic word of mouth injection so you remember the name. As opposed to the lovely "They're tasty" of Kellogg's Bran Flakes.

But no one seems to appreciate the adverts that blow.
OK, IMO...

Audi R8

Awesome car! But that has got to be one of the worst tag-lines EVER!

I get what they're saying, but for a multi-million pound campaign did no-one in their advertising offices realise...

"The slowest car we've ever built" just sounds like they're saying...

"The slowest car we've ever built"!

Not exactly the best slogan for a supercar!