N-Europe

Scrubs Series 7 Discussion (Spoilers)

LazyBoy

So the first episode has just been aired in the land of ignorance and obesity. I figured a new thread for the new series was in order. This is the last series, so I'm hoping this will be a good one.

Note that like the heroes thread this thread will contain spoilers so if you're waiting for european broadcast (June i've heard) steer clear.

Anyway, i've just watced the first episode and thought it was brilliant. I was not a fan of the last two series, I thought they went a bit too sitcom (which was ironic because they did an episode taking the piss of sitcoms).

I thought this was a return to the dry humour the series began with. Its also nice to see the series taking bold turns. Felt really sorry for Keith, I love that character. The only thing I noticed was there was no Ted, wierd.

So what were your thoughts on the episode?

Interesting how Turk said Mole Butt was the only good girl for JD. You'd think he would have said something...

When I saw that I thought that it might be a tip off for later for the really devote fans, like its still going to happen. You know when they do they're flashbacks that what they'll come back to.

Bill Lawrance talks about having a hot wife the show's final season.

The final series of Scrubs will tie up the show's loose ends, according to its creator Bill Lawrence.

The seventh and last season begins airing this week on NBC in the US.

Asked about the confused relationship between JD (Zach Braff) and Elliot (Sarah Chalke), Lawrence said: "We're going to resolve those things during the year rather than build up to some overwrought, emotional finale.

"This is a comedy. All people want is a chance to say goodbye and that we tie up loose ends." He joked: "Then we're going to cut to black really quick and play a Journey song."

He said he was keen to please the show's "loyal cult audience" that has kept it running: "This fan base has kept the show alive single-handedly by consuming the DVDs and websites and following us from time slot to time slot.

"If you try to satisfy them, they feel very proprietary about the show. If you're not a big juggernaut hit, it's the way to stay alive."

Just saw the next episode, pretty good one, although what the hell was that bit with Laverne about? I'm really wondering what is going to happen with Elliot, I have no idea how her future is going to play out.

Bill Lawrance and the actress (name slips my mind) they would kill her off if she would return in season seven (if there were one, as it wasnt known at the time). Originally she was going to be her twin but they scrapped that. I guess she's going to turn up and maybe in the finale it will be revealed it was just JD's mind and there will be a nurse whose similar to Laverne and JD just got confused or whatever. Oh and the character is called Shirley.

Anyway. Elliot will get some direction. Now that Kim is out the way they're going to start playing with the JD and Elliot relationship a bit more (did Elliot tell Keith about her and JD's oncall room antics? He seems quite blase towards JD compared to Elliot).

Bill Lawrance and the actress (name slips my mind) they would kill her off if she would return in season seven (if there were one, as it wasnt known at the time). Originally she was going to be her twin but they scrapped that. I guess she's going to turn up and maybe in the finale it will be revealed it was just JD's mind and there will be a nurse whose similar to Laverne and JD just got confused or whatever. Oh and the character is called Shirley.

Anyway. Elliot will get some direction. Now that Kim is out the way they're going to start playing with the JD and Elliot relationship a bit more (did Elliot tell Keith about her and JD's oncall room antics? He seems quite blase towards JD compared to Elliot).

Okay that is a bit wierd. And I don't think Elliot told Keith about the 'antics' you mention, just that she did not love him.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after a looooong wait the next episode is finally up over at stage6. Not the greatest episode but it ended nicely. Nice to see his brother again.

Anyone else getting really paranoid about how the writer's strike will effect the ending? I just hope it gets the justice it deserves.

For those who are worried there will be no ending you can calm down...a bit. Bill Lawrance has refused NBC's ideas of quickly wrapping it up (they have seven episodes left to write) and said if it doesn't happen this year it will next, even if its on ABC.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/12/wga-strike-scrubs-doesnt-have-a-series-finale/

Episode 4 is up and I am delighted to say that scrubs is definitly back to true form. Really a great episode. Funny and thoughtful, love it. Haven't seen Jordan in a whole which was cool. Todd stole this one though.

Only thing bothering me is the Lavernne thing. I don't get it, what is up with that?

Promised Aloma Wright she could return if there was a seventh season.

And yeah Jordan lately seems to be bed-ridden, which I guessed (but have no proof) it was due to Christina Miller (?) having just given birth. Was fun seeing her again, but is something the matter between her and Perry? Why'd she stay for the whole week?