NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

to be honest, there's not much to 'ruin' with The Hulk. That film is total balls.

Which one? I've not seen either.

Either, really, although Ang Lee's film at least had ambition. The new one is just so completely dull. Nothing of interest happens for the entire duration, and the action sequences are dire.

Tron Legacy brought in Pixar to spruce up Tron's digital soul

500x_tron-1.jpg

Some people would think bringing in new writers is a bad sign. But when you're bringing in Pixar's most respective creators, we think it's a very good sign. So where did Joe Kosinski's Tron need a little cleaning up?

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that late March, the Tron filmmakers screened a rough cut of their film for "Pixar's John Lasseter, Ed Catmull, The Incredibles director Brad Bird [and] Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt." After the viewing, they asked Pixar for help in the areas where they excelled, and the movie may have been lacking in the areas of "character, emotion and theme." Sounds like a perfect problem for the Pixar crew to handle. In response, director Kosinski hired Arndt and Bird to rewrite a few script pages for their planned reshoots. According to EW it only lasted six months, and the original writers were also very involved.

Disney's president, Sean Bailey, commented on the collaborative effort saying, "What I give Joe and the filmmaking team immense credit for, is this was all born out of how do we give the fans the best movie we can. We were very fortunate that Pixar wanted to play a part in it."

Normally we'd freak out a little about late-in-the-game rewrites, but this all happened in March. And it's Pixar. From the sound of it, the screenplay needed a little emotional boost, and Pixar has demonstrated time and time again that making films with a lot of heart is their specialty. We only wish Pixar could be hired as a consult on a lot of other crushingly hollow blockbusters.

Can't fucking wait.

Also thought I'd post this little piece of amazing.

That is what you call WIN.

Edited by Daft

Either, really, although Ang Lee's film at least had ambition. The new one is just so completely dull. Nothing of interest happens for the entire duration, and the action sequences are dire.

Dire? Pffft. Tim Roth VS Hulk was sick.

Totally agree with Dan. Ed Norton is a fucking abysmal actor. He is Ed Norton in every fucking film with his pissingly annoying whiney voice, his tiny neck that can't support the weight of his head and his scabby little goatie. He didn't play the Hulk, he played Ed Norton Hulk.

The whole movement of Ang Lee's Hulk was ace. The jumping and the physicality of it. Superb. The story? Oh, my. Attrocious.

Basically if you could merge aspects of both films, you'd have something pretty spectacular.

Totally agree with Dan. Ed Norton is a fucking abysmal actor. He is Ed Norton in every fucking film with his pissingly annoying whiney voice, his tiny neck that can't support the weight of his head and his scabby little goatie. He didn't play the Hulk, he played Ed Norton Hulk.

The whole movement of Ang Lee's Hulk was ace. The jumping and the physicality of it. Superb. The story? Oh, my. Attrocious.

Basically if you could merge aspects of both films, you'd have something pretty spectacular.

Not a Fight Club fan then?

I did think he was good in that, but then again, he is pretty much playing the same character as you just described.

Really?

I always thought the idea of Thor as a superhero was retarded. Doesn't look like I was wrong.

This actually looks promising. It's only Produced by M. Night Shyamalan, not Directed, so there's a a good chance it won't turn out as abysmal as his recent offerings.

He didn't have a goatee in Fight Club. But that got shit towards the end anyway.

Because he's the same in every film I can deal with him in one film, and actually I think Fight Club might have been the first film I saw him in, so I can deal. (And actually American History X is rather enjoyable). Having said that, Brad Pitt makes Fight Club, not Norton imo.

David Tennant rumoured for Hulk role

David Tennant is the latest actor to be rumoured for the role of the Incredible Hulk in Marvel's Avengers movie, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The ex-Doctor Who star has been linked to the superhero role recently vacated by Edward Norton along with Predators actor Adrien Brody and Serenity's Nathan Fillion.

Recent online rumours surfaced claiming that Joaqun Phoenix had been offered the role of Bruce Banner in the ensemble blockbuster.

Marvel insiders have said that a "name" replacement for Norton will be announced at Comic-Con or earlier.

The Joss Whedon-directed Avengers will bow in cinemas in May 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a243761/david-tennant-rumoured-for-hulk-role.html

I could actually see David Tennant as the Ultimate, less likable version of Bruce Banner.

a few sites are reporting Mark Ruffalo as being close to getting the role

a few sites are reporting Mark Ruffalo as being close to getting the role

I think thats fairly good actually. He seems like a good fit and his voice is pretty soft/geeky.

I think Eric Bana should reprise the role. He's half way there with the name.

I need to rewatch the 2003 Hulk. I liked how it tried ot be interesting and off the wall, but then it had the shit bits with killer dogs.

I could see Tennant in the role, for sure.

I'd lol if they did Grey Hulk like in Ultimates. (Green Hulk is Banner's Rage. Grey Hulk is another part of his personality and is based on his spite and resentments.)

Tennant? For the Hulk? Don't make me laugh.

They should get Tom Hardy.

The hulk reboot movie thing was, I thought at the time, a surprisingly well considered movie! Iron man's subsequent stage-stealing (iirc) altered consciousnesses.

The problem I have with Norton is that he made two good movies then thought he was AWESOME and made 10 shit ones in a row. I disagree with Daft saying he plays the same character in Fight Club/American History X, but I'd suggest that in both of those films he was indeed carried by a greater cast performance/storyling of shocksome value.

I disagree with Daft saying he plays the same character in Fight Club/American History X, but I'd suggest that in both of those films he was indeed carried by a greater cast performance/storyling of shocksome value.

AHX is the exception to his self replication. Fight Club is just the first film I really remember him in so it was the first time I saw him do his whole "I'm Ed Norton" routine.