N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man i would love to get a stick....but meh, i'm still good enough to beat my mates and my bro at this with a fightpad! haha!

Just had an awesome session of SF4 with a couple of my mates....I know xbox live is awesome, but nothing compares to playing your mates in the same room. Fuckin A.

Online is on! Cooper2085 is the gamertag. Monday 8 till late, get on bi'haces and let me wear my stick in.

Get in! Add me and i'll be on inabit; Goron360.

I play as Guile and Balrog though once I get my fightpad back I'll be using Abel far more.

Although Ken and Sagat are my mains I gotta say that there's something about Ryu that I really like....been using him against my mate and he just seems to combo so much better. Gonna practice with him some more...

p.s anyone else find that there aren't alot of characters that you actually use? Other than the Shoto characters, I'm useless!

Although Ken and Sagat are my mains I gotta say that there's something about Ryu that I really like....been using him against my mate and he just seems to combo so much better. Gonna practice with him some more...

p.s anyone else find that there aren't alot of characters that you actually use? Other than the Shoto characters, I'm useless!

Sakura, chun-li, guile and fei long were my mains. jesus was it so hard. Playing as ken though makes things so easy and dont get me started on ryu. God damn hadouken spammers online who CAN actually play the game, but wont bother unless you pressure them.

I turtle a lot with Guile, and can get some great combo's now with Viper. I hardly use the Shoto's tbh.

Sakura, chun-li, guile and fei long were my mains. jesus was it so hard. Playing as ken though makes things so easy and dont get me started on ryu. God damn hadouken spammers online who CAN actually play the game, but wont bother unless you pressure them.

Just to clarify, I don't play as the shotos, but if I did, I would probably find online so much easier imo. Although does sakura count as a shoto? Same question goes for gouken. I heard that they don't because their movesets are so different. Dan im not so sure about, but then he is practically a handicap anyways.

Just to clarify, I don't play as the shotos, but if I did, I would probably find online so much easier imo. Although does sakura count as a shoto? Same question goes for gouken. I heard that they don't because their movesets are so different. Dan im not so sure about, but then he is practically a handicap anyways.

Good question, I would say Dan and Sakura are Shoto's, and Gouken not. Due to the quarter circle diagonal Dragon Punch's. But then you wouldn't think of Seth as a Shoto.......or would you.........arghhhh..........my head hurts.

Edit: Isn't Gouken, Ken and Ryu's old master? which would make him a Shoto teacher? So he's like, the original Shoto. Which totally contradicts my comment above.

Yeah I have made a total mess of this post.

Edited by MATtheHAT

props to babooo for kicking my ass earlier. no mic though dude? mega phailz.

lol nah mate, i do have a mic, just couldn't locate it! its somewhere in the mess that is my room!

what do you play with? standard controller/fightpad/stick? You weren't too shabby!

Good question, I would say Dan and Sakura are Shoto's, and Gouken not. Due to the quarter circle diagonal Dragon Punch's. But then you wouldn't think of Seth as a Shoto.......or would you.........arghhhh..........my head hurts.

Edit: Isn't Gouken, Ken and Ryu's old master? which would make him a Shoto teacher? So he's like, the original Shoto. Which totally contradicts my comment above.

Yeah I have made a total mess of this post.

Yes you did make a mess of it :heh: But really I would argue against Dan and Sakura as their moves work very differently, for example, Dan's fireball cannot really pressure anyone and Sakura's Uppercut is barely an anti air move. There are many more differences. Plus I think they have lower priorities than the original shotos.

Dan, Sakura and Gouken are definitely shoto's. Dan is just a shit shoto, but his moves are essentially the same in terms of function.

Gouken is just really defensive but again, his moves look different and perform slightly differently but they cover the same ground.

Dan, Sakura and Gouken are definitely shoto's. Dan is just a shit shoto, but his moves are essentially the same in terms of function.

Gouken is just really defensive but again, his moves look different and perform slightly differently but they cover the same ground.

Then what about sakura? Her moves function in totally different ways.

I'm probably the worst player ever. :heh:

I just got that 100 live battles achievement and still haven't goten the one with Win 5 live battles. I think I've won 3, if I'm not mistaken. And one of them was pure luck, too.

Ah ah. :heh:

I suck so much.

lol mate that sucks! Surely with the more matches you play, you should get better and better? If I was that bad, I wouldn't bother with any game!

lol mate that sucks! Surely with the more matches you play, you should get better and better? If I was that bad, I wouldn't bother with any game!

It ain't about winning, I like playing. I've been playing SF since I was 8. I grew up on SFII Turbo, SF Alpha 3 and SF III 3rd Strike. It's quite amazing how much I suck, really, considering how long I've been playing the game. :heh:

Also, is it just me or online is pretty much limited to Kens and Ryus, with the (very) occasional Sagat, Akuma, Abel or Cammy? I mean, no offense to any of them, but what's the fun in everyone using the same two guys (which are essentially the same character, anway)?

Also, nobody seems to use the charge characters. Why the f?

I can't really object much, though, I'm a Sagat user myself, since the start. (except in 3rd strike, of course...), so I guess I'm in the majority.

Akuma's my main man, but I only use him for a few games per session before going to someone else like Seth or perhaps Blanka. Or anyone. I use pretty much everyone except Balrog/Vega/El Fuerte/Rufus. Just can't stand 'em.

Ha ha, Akuma's always been my wing man. It's always been Sagat and Akuma. And now Rufus. I love the fatty!

Also, I play with all the others, if only for the fun of it. Except Balrog. I always hated him.

Love playing with Fei Long since SF II Turbo, but he's too fast and I always loose track of what I'm doin. Same with Cammy and Vega. Plus, Gen and Honda are the ones I have the most fun with. :P But I suck with both.

Well, I suck with them all, really. But I'm a bit better with Sagat and Akuma (or Ryu/Ken, but I like Akuma's UC and SC better).