N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Play.com...they still don't have preorders up for the fightpads and I need to preorder my Ken goodness.

That said, I've preordered the game from play.com too and I'm pretty worried it won't turn up on launch day!

If it makes you feel any better I pre ordered Chrono Trigger from there which is out tomorrow and its status is still "Pre-ordered"

Probably won't make you feel better.

TBH if you're desperate for it on launch I would go else where. Not that I've ever pre-ordered from Play before, but yeah.

:idea:

Still unsure whether to get this, I am unsure whether it will be worth getting or not. I was always good at Streetfighter amongest my mates...but dunno what it is when I play HD Remix online I just plain out suck, I dunno if its an age things but I am no way near as good as I used to be and can't pull off special moves as regular as I used to be able to. Where have those days gone? Some of this could be down to me being more used to playing it in arcades, but is it really worth shelling out for an arcade stick?

I just wonder cos imagine this will be even more hardcore and with online such a big part of a fighters longevity now (kept me hooked on Soul Calibur IV and abruptly ended MK vs DC) I just think I won't be able to compete and will soon get bored.

It does look awesome though...

I'd been interested in this since it was revealed, but didn't bother following its development as it wasn't coming to the Wii. I've got an Xbox 360, but it kind of gets forgotten about as the only reason I've got one is because my girlfriend is a magazine editor, and we were sent one got free. Anyway, back to the point, we received a review copy of SFIV through the post today, completely out of the blue! :D Can't really say anything about it, as there's a review embargo, but as someone who hasn't played a SF game since the SNES days, I've really enjoyed the hour or so I've spent on it so far (though I haven't even been able to beat the final character on easy arcade mode yet!).

If anyone in here is picking up the PS3 Limited Edition of the game, and isn't interested in the anime Blu-Ray disc let me know.

I'm picking up the Xbox 360 version (I don't own a PS3), but I would love to get my hands on the SFIV anime in a Blu-Ray disc, instead of a DVD.

I ended up getting more and more frustrated with this last night. Because the only beat 'em up I've ever really played in depth is Smash Bros, I found it really tricky to get used to the controls, and couldn't pull off special moves consistently enough. As for the new Ultra moves, I was on the receiving end of them all the time, but never once managed to pull oneoff. So still havevn't managed to beat the Arcade mode on easy yet..

I ended up getting more and more frustrated with this last night. Because the only beat 'em up I've ever really played in depth is Smash Bros, I found it really tricky to get used to the controls, and couldn't pull off special moves consistently enough. As for the new Ultra moves, I was on the receiving end of them all the time, but never once managed to pull oneoff. So still havevn't managed to beat the Arcade mode on easy yet..

See this is what I worry about with this game which is why at the moment I have held off preordering it...

Street Fighter is all about practise. You can't become great at it straight away and as much as Capcom say it isn't instantly accessable unless you enjoy hammering punch.

Street Fighter is however, fucking awesome and enjoyable by anyone who enjoys a beat 'em up.

I've been playing with the 360 pad on SF2THDR and I'm getting better and better, just screw the crappy d-pad and learn to play with the analogue stick. It's about making little 90-degree arcs with the stick instead of taps, it works fine when you get used to it. If you play online, you will get your ass kicked often. You think it's because all those people have bought Arcade Sticks? They've just practised...

I've been playing with the 360 pad on SF2THDR and I'm getting better and better, just screw the crappy d-pad and learn to play with the analogue stick. It's about making little 90-degree arcs with the stick instead of taps, it works fine when you get used to it. If you play online, you will get your ass kicked often. You think it's because all those people have bought Arcade Sticks? They've just practised...

From my point of view I was always better at SF2 in the arcade than on consoles, so thats why I made comments about it myself further up...

As for the practising yes your right and that's what puts me off further. Killzone 2 out around the same time, Resident Evil 5 and GTA Chinatown Wars within the next month or so, just don't think I have the time to invest in yet another fighter.

Oh I really CANNOT wait for SF IV - its probably my most anticipated game in years. I just hope the fight pad is good and that Amazon get it and the game (obviously) to me on launch day as I really don't think I could cope if Feb 21st came around and I hadn't played it yet!

Its great to be a fighting game fan just now with this, 'Battle Fantasia' and 'King of Fighters XII' all to come and with the fight pad its going to be amazing.