NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dynastygal

Holidays (New and Old)

Anyone been to Ireland?

I went for 2 days for a funeral, and when I was a baby if that counts?

Last 2 holidays I have been on where the best 2:

Budapest: April 2 years ago, with 14 mates. Was fantastic what I can remember 30p a pint and 75p a litre of Vodka ftw. Budapest a pretty nice place would like to go back properly one day. Because I basicaly only saw pubs and night clubs for the whole 5 days and that was it.

Isle Of Wight: Went to the festival this June was fantastic IOW such a nice place as well everythings so close together thats its pretty imposible not to find something to do.

I've also been to France twice when I was younger. Next year I am going traveling though hopefully to lots of places.

Where on earth is budapest? Never heard of it.

Really!? It's the capitol of Hungary.

O-o...Hungary....never known anyone to go there...and tbh, I don't know where in the world that country is either :(

My geography is awful.

O-o...Hungary....never known anyone to go there...and tbh, I don't know where in the world that country is either :(

My geography is awful.

Here pretty much:

budapesthz8.jpg

Edit: Beaten :(

No wonder I don't know where it is. Slap bang in the middle of lots of other countries I don't know much about, and probably some have never heard of.

My geography is awful.

That's the same with me! i would've had no idea where budapest was! :)

I once went for a camping/cycling/ holiday for a week in the Hebrides. A stunningly beautiful part of the world, but make preparations. It was sunny all week apart from one simply massive storm that lasted six hours then totally vanished. We had to shelter that night in a nearby hotel.

Ha, my dads' been to lanzarote lots too. He's there at the moment actually...I don't see the attraction myself.

Well, it's a consistent 25-30 degrees C all year round, and averages half an inch of rain a year. It's never too hot that it's unbearable because of the cool northerly winds. It's a nicer alternative to the Mediterranean Spanish islands, where it rains more and has more fluctuating temperatures.

I've been to... (from East to West as best I can)

Florida (All the best theme parks :D)

New Jersey (6 months so not really a holiday)

Portugal

Spain

Majorca

France

Netherlands

Switzerland

Tunisia, Africa (Too young to really remember)

Turkey

China

Macau

Hong Kong (hottest place on the list)

they were all... very hot, except one trip to France in February where I spent most of the week with the flu.

I want to see so much more though :D

This thread would be x5 better with pics. (Personally I don't have any on my iMac of my holiday escapades).

In a chronological order;

Wales

France

Belgium

Holland

Spain

Portugal

Dubai

Australia (with a stop-over in thailand, but I didn't leave the airport so that doesn't count)

Italy

For school trips, football, art, family, cancer and romance.

Next up? No idea. Probably won't go on another holiday until I can afford it outright myself (I had to pay for the trip to italy and part of the trip to australia), which probably won't be until after I leave uni.

This thread would be x5 better with pics. (Personally I don't have any on my iMac of my holiday escapades).

I would but I don't have a scanner anymore :(

I've been to... (from East to West as best I can)

Florida (All the best theme parks :D)

New Jersey (6 months so not really a holiday)

Portugal

Spain

Majorca

France

Netherlands

Switzerland

Tunisia, Africa (Too young to really remember)

Turkey

China

Macau

Hong Kong (hottest place on the list)

they were all... very hot, except one trip to France in February where I spent most of the week with the flu.

I want to see so much more though :D

Don't you mean west to east?

Anyways, I've been to a lot of places:

New Zealnd- the climate is much the same as here in England, but the landscape is AMAZING

Ireland- Been to the west. It's so much more pretty than the east (apparantly), and the jugged coasts of the Atlantic. Much colder and wetter than here.

France- mainly the south. It has the mildest climate in the the meditteranean, and the water was FREEZING

Spain- I hate Spain, most people in it don't even want to be Spanish. Warm, I'll give it that. But there's much better places.

USA- Detroit, amazing, New York and southern California. California was warm I guess, and I love the USA. There're such lovely people!

Germany- Amazing. Been to Aachen, on the west border. Weather was temperate.

Going to Bermuda, supposed to be great. With its sub-tropical climate, pink beaches, English speaking peoples I can't go wrong. Heck, it' even owned by the UK.

The view from my apartment in Perth:

102064466_fffbfe9b0a.jpg?v=0

The ocean which was about 20 mins drive away:

85124578_8f4e149760.jpg?v=0

Found some pics on my comp from the 1st trip to scotland:

waterfallinscotlandeo9.th.jpg

That's a waterfall somewhere in Scotland - um, those who live in Scotland may know it, you have to go down a really steep path to get to it that mostly path with steps but in some parts it's just poor rocky natural path. I think it's also in the same region as Loch Ness.

The rest had me looking ugly in so I won't post them.

Born in Scotland (lived in Inverness, Forres, Elgin), lived in Germany (Guttersloh and somewhere else) and now in Northern Ireland (Ballymena)

visited...

England: Weymouth, Birmingham, London, Yorkshire, Devon, and lots of other random wee places on the way. Scotland: Inverness, Aberdeen, Nairn, Elgin, and probably a load more.

Pics do make it more interesting

Bedruthan Steps Cornwall (About 10 mins south of camp site)

jgyjbx5.jpg

Got up early (7AM) and went for walk round the headland with my mate.

dsc00508rz1.jpg

On the beach - The grey line out to sea got steadly closer.

dsc00510ac0.jpg

The grey line 10 minutes later:

dsc00517uj4.jpg

I think i should have used thumbnails.

I used thumbnails and now I see " op_stop(); ;op_start();" on mine and yours, even though I saw the thumbnail fine before.

Pics do make it more interesting

Bedruthan Steps Cornwall (About 10 mins south of camp site)

jgyjbx5.jpg

Got up early (7AM) and went for walk round the headland with my mate.

dsc00508rz1.jpg

On the beach - The grey line out to sea got steadly closer.

dsc00510ac0.jpg

The grey line 10 minutes later:

dsc00517uj4.jpg

I think i should have used thumbnails.

Cornwall is wicked, me and the wife have been there so many times we must have been everywhere there worth seeing, done all the attractions on both coastlines, picniced on the moors, were there for the eclipse in '99, even found a place not for from Tintagel with the classic name of 'Rock Head'. Was last down there last summer, when we stayed at my personal favourite place, Bude, going back there again for next years holiday too, somewhere just outside Penzance this time.

Penzance is pretty good...main thing I remember about it is some giant rock formation by the sea.

Penzance is pretty good...main thing I remember about it is some giant rock formation by the sea.

Yeah, St Michaels Mount, a couple of miles outside of town, that's where I was for the eclipse in '99. It's pretty cool, it's an ex monastery on an island and when the tides out you can walk over there.

Spain - Manorca STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! its cheep because its crap. There were ants everywhere.....EVERYWHERE!!!

U.A.E - DubaiThis place is were i want to go when i die, the heat gets to me at times but its kickass.

U.A.E - Dubai x2Went back and stayed for 2 weeks, felt up a girl, got b00b. Stayed in Jebel Ali, nice place.

U.A.E - Dubai x3Went back again and stayed for a month. made out with said girl above, got more b00b. Went around jamearah for a few days, walked around the burj al arab for a while. Stayed in Jebel Ali again. good times

the wierd thing is i walked into the kitchen a few days ago and my mother said that Nina was asking about me. Made me feel special :p nice to know she still remembers me ^_^

Sign in to follow this