NEurope
Deathborn

Mario Super Sluggers

Does look like it may be shaping up quite nicely , if they have managed to sort out the (previously mentioned) gameplay short-comings from the prequel I may have to give this another chance.

If you have the Gamecube game..this seems pretty pointless..i know it would be difficult to create controls for the other components..other then hitting and throwing...but it hasn't got enough depth for me..and i don't really like Baseball...but we'll see....

If you have the Gamecube game..this seems pretty pointless..i know it would be difficult to create controls for the other components..other then hitting and throwing...but it hasn't got enough depth for me..and i don't really like Baseball...but we'll see....

I'm surprised at you being so judgmental on a game you haven't played....very unlike you Owen :)

This is just plain annoying. Why couldn't they just have finished Pennant Chase instead of making ANOTHER sportsgame with Mario slapped on.

The graphics do look good, but, like I previously stated: give us Pennant Chase:

170588_full.jpg

I'm surprised at you being so judgmental on a game you haven't played....very unlike you Owen :)

Well..i have the Gamecube game (and yes, i don't like Baseball, but it had Mario in it..so thought what the hell) and supposadely it's very similar to it, so i doubt i'll be buying it again..i'll just stick to the Baseball on Wii Sports!

Also what i said about the game was 'fact' wasn't it? If someone can tell me there coming up with more controls for it..other then throwing the ball and hitting it..then great!

Why couldn't they just have finished Pennant Chase

QFT , I was gutted when they announced the project was canned.

What seems to be the (complete?) roster:

1. Mario

2. Luigi

3. Wario

4. Waluigi

5. Peach

6. Daisy

7. Bowser

8. Bowser Jr.

9. Donkey Kong

10. Diddy Kong

11. Dixie Kong

12. Yoshi

13. Birdo

14. Toad

15. Toadette

16. Toadsworth

17. Baby Mario

18. Baby Luigi

19. Goomba

20. Para Goomba

21. Koopa Troopa

22. Para Troopa

23. Shy Guy

24. King Boo

25. Boo

26. Monty Mole

27. Petey Pirahna

28. Dry Bones

29. Hammer Bro

30. Pianta

31. Noki

32. Kamek

33. Mii

34. Wiggler

35. Tiny Kong

36. Funky Kong

37. King K. Rool

38. Kritter

39. Blooper

40. Baby Peach

41. Baby Daisy

42. Baby DK

61381520080606_105810_0_big.jpg

He should have been in MK instead of Baby Daisy...:(

Don't know the original source so not sure about that (and since it comes from JeuxFrance which makes crappy things sometimes).

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems to be the real deal:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=45300

Glad to see K.Rool! They probably keep his crappy design from the latest games he appears but, anyway::yay: :yay: :yay:

Don't know if I'll buy the game though.:heh:.

Still find kinda sad the Mario and DK universe are officialy merged. Damn! Bring us a true DK platformer instead of using all those wonderful characters only in spin-offs!!

This is just plain annoying. Why couldn't they just have finished Pennant Chase instead of making ANOTHER sportsgame with Mario slapped on.

Well if you've read the 'Birdmen' article, and believe it; then this is Nintendo's way of 'upstreaming'.

Very clever. "You liked WiiSports Baseball? Then try Mario Baseball it's a bit better!"

This could be quite fun thanks to the controls, but probably would get pretty boring quickly. Looks like they're going for some sort of character record - I'd imagine they'd include all the well-known characters and it looks as though they're going to include all those minor characters as well.

60df9467d68a07109edad14cf9817fab20080613100535.jpg
Some of those classic characters better make it into the next Mario Kart, instead of the crap [like Dry Bowser, wtf!] they keep creating!

Hammer Bros, Monty Mole, Kamek and normal Boo etc.. ftw!

And bring back Paratrooper [in MK]!

Some of those classic characters better make it into the next Mario Kart, instead of the crap [like Dry Bowser, wtf!] they keep creating!

Hammer Bros, Monty Mole, Kamek and normal Boo etc.. ftw!

And bring back Paratrooper [in MK]!

I agree, this needs to happen!

Especially Monty Mole. :yay:

K.Rool got a new egyptian-style outfit in this game.

SMS32.jpg

SMS29.jpg

In motion (with most of the new hidden characters):

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Glad to see him change outfit at last! The last time was in DK64. This character is meant to change every game. Maybe they finally understand this ...

Seeing this and all the DK stuff in this game remembers me of the recent DKC4 rumor... Why would K.Rool dresses as an ancient egyptian to play baseball?

Maybe it's a hint at a "to be announced soon" game. :heh:

Guess this will not come to Europe eh?

Been a very long time since I heard anything about it...

By the way, this is my first time around here, might be rude not to further introduce myself :)

I'm Mark from Holland, Nintendo fan since the NES era, 28 yrs old. Pleased to meet you all!

Welcome to the forums!!

Had forgotten about this game! I'm guessing we won't be seeing it.

Thanks,

I'm not sure if I should be sad missing this particulair game, but it keeps bugging me when we are missing on ANY firstparty title available to either Japan or the USA :(

K.Rool got a new egyptian-style outfit in this game.

SMS32.jpg

SMS29.jpg

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Glad to see him change outfit at last! The last time was in DK64. This character is meant to change every game. Maybe they finally understand this ...

Whoa. Missed this when you originally posted it. The King is looking pretty swish and you're right, he should be changing a bit more often unless...

Seeing this and all the DK stuff in this game remembers me of the recent DKC4 rumor... Why would K.Rool dresses as an ancient egyptian to play baseball?

Maybe it's a hint at a "to be announced soon" game. :heh:

...his changes only take place in canon DK games. :o

By the way, this is my first time around here, might be rude not to further introduce myself :)

I'm Mark from Holland, Nintendo fan since the NES era, 28 yrs old. Pleased to meet you all!

Welcome aboard, Marko. :hehe:

So when will this game be releases in Europe and is it all ready free out there in Japan and the U.S. ?

Will be surprised if it lands on our shores now , especially as it wasn't particularly well received elsewhere. I was looking increasingly unlikely to bother with it anyway.

Of course , NoE may have decided to delay this for us to include an online mode (as this was a massive oversight previously) , but then there is as much chance of that as there is of MLB being free from 'roids ;).

but then there is as much chance of that as there is of MLB being free from 'roids ;).

Hemorrhoids? Metroids?

I'm glad Boo has been included in all these spinoffs from quite early on cause he is my favourite Mushy K character since seeing him in Mario 64 mainly, but also in old Gameboy games as well. Cheeky bastard.