NEurope
Deathborn

Mario Super Sluggers

I for one love Baseball in Wii Sport's, so I might conisder getting this at some point. Looks good's, I just hope the power-moves won't be as painfully annoying as they were in Mario Tennis on the Gamecube. Finger's crossed for online play too!

If only they had done Tennis or Golf first!

Also, after seeing Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB, i'm dissapointed to see Doubles Dash's drab pastel colour scheme return from the later Mario GC games for both this game and Mario Kart Wii!

I much prefer the more natural look for the Mario Sports games! Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour looks better than is IMO...

mgolf_072303_x1.jpg

Looking forward to this , although they need to address the fielding and base-running as they were plain broken in the GC version.

As much as I look forward to this I think I would prefer to see a PAL release for the Power Pro series or perhaps Nintendo could re-instate Pennant Chase instead.

I enjoyed it on Wii, if it's a big enough improvement I might get it. Online multiplayer might sway me... :heh:

I understand why some people think this is a great idea, technically if pulled off right this could rock especially if online is involved but i don't see much reason to buy this especially if it is basically wii baseball +.

But it's blatantly not just Wii Sports BAseball 2 - its graphically very different, the usual mario sports powers, you have more than 3 goes! It's proper baseball rules and play - which wii sports doesn't have!

It's now called Mario Super Sluggers. Not great, but better than Mario Stadium Baseball.

I actually think the previous name sounded better, sluggers has an ugly sound to it.

Yeah sluggers sounds hideously american! Hope it sticks to the JPN name for Europe.

Yep and theres some brief info on Gonintendo about this too, its the same as is reported in the live IGN blog, but I've copied it here for your viewing pleasure seeing as its some bullet points. I'll spoiler some of it too as it mentions some character names and I'm unsure how sensitive everyone is at this point to info on the game...

- june in japan

- also coming to NA

- pull back to pitch, wati until rings algn for perfect pitch

- -twist wiimote for spin on pitch

- shake to run, shake to throw

- a and b for special pitch

- hit a as you run to dive and field the ball

- bunting possible

- special hits

- hammer bros in game

- baby luigi

- wario in game

- shyguy in game

- birdo

As Sakurai said, it's hard to make something original nowadays...

Daz, I'm sorry but you need to stop jumping into every Nintendo game as if it's a revelation, it isn't going to happen in 'Sluggers' because it will sell anyhow.

Unless you haven't played the GC one then maybe. I never played GC golf or baseball and I don't really want to buy this one either.

I might have been interested in this if it wasn't for the Freeloader.

All the while that remains unblocked then I will stick with MLB Power Pros (even without any motion controls) , even more so now that rumours are circulating that PP will get a yearly update/sequel, hopefully with online this time, later this year.

Daz, I'm sorry but you need to stop jumping into every Nintendo game as if it's a revelation.

Leave him, Daz is just a lovable fanboy! (In a good way) Every forum needs one

No I'm not and he most certainly did not! Been using this name since before he was probably born :p

I'm sure this won't be released in Europe. Baseball isn't exactly big here is it? We'll just have to wait and see....

First trailer:

http://wiifolder.com/?p=23

Seems there's a lot of characters.

Paragoomba playable in a baseball game... WTF?!? he has no arms. It's like making Boo playable in a soccer game... oh wait!

I don't find how to change the thread title. Can a mod do it?

I wasn't really a fan of the gamecube version of Mario Baseball (could barely hit the ball). Mainly because I'm not in to the game myself! :)

Wii Baseball was fun though, still could not get the wing right.

I think the graphics look great. Well comapred to other stuff we've been seeing its like 360 quality:D