NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Offline is far easier than online. Online has to work for 4 folk, instead of the 1 offline. If it was the same difficulty for on and offline, we would faceroll all of it.

Thats probably why I seem to enjoying playing offline at the moment.

Just unlocked 5* quests. I want to get back into playing it online and clear the 3* quests but the N-E room is always full and I've gone off playing with randoms.

Is there an easy way to get Mega Demondrug? I have 2 Demondrugs, I checked a combo list I found that says I can combine with Pale Extract to make Mega Demondrug, but the only place to get this is from a Gigginox which is not huntable at the moment as a quest on or offline... though it does turn up during the Hunt a Baggi quest but it just beats me round the place :heh:

Also I'm stuck offline on the Repel a Lagiacrus... any tips?

About offline and online difficulty, find it easier online. The monsters have more health (and do a little more damage??) but they are taken down a lot faster and are less focused on destroying you.

Also I'm stuck offline on the Repel a Lagiacrus... any tips?

Prepare a new set of pants when you have to kill it later. The Repel one is a piece of cake.

Do as much damage as you can before he goes to water (boost yourself and trap the beast if you want). He's not really dangerous on ground.

In water, you can use bombes to hit his head and stay near him when it explodes (it stops him a short time) to pummel him.

Every beast has now fallen to my blade! I've kicked Alatreons butt numerous times now and I finally took down Deviljho after all the stalking he was doing in the other quests. It felt good to finally bring him down, was sick of him crashing the party.

We had a hilarious moment over the weekend. We were doing the double Uragaan quest and after 10 minutes we had killed one of them. We went looking for the next one and once we found it we proceeded to give it a pasting. He limped off to the next area while we decided we would catch this one instead of killing it.

We went into the next area and seen it sleeping so we quickly placed the trap...nothing happened. We all kicked him to wake him up but still nothing happened. It suddenly dawned on us what was going on, this was the dead Uragaan and we turned around to see the alive one rolling towards us at full speed. Admiral Ackbars words have never been truer! :D

Every beast has now fallen to my blade! I've kicked Alatreons butt numerous times now and I finally took down Deviljho after all the stalking he was doing in the other quests. It felt good to finally bring him down, was sick of him crashing the party.

We had a hilarious moment over the weekend. We were doing the double Uragaan quest and after 10 minutes we had killed one of them. We went looking for the next one and once we found it we proceeded to give it a pasting. He limped off to the next area while we decided we would catch this one instead of killing it.

We went into the next area and seen it sleeping so we quickly placed the trap...nothing happened. We all kicked him to wake him up but still nothing happened. It suddenly dawned on us what was going on, this was the dead Uragaan and we turned around to see the alive one rolling towards us at full speed. Admiral Ackbars words have never been truer! :D

Mate, you are a legend. I look at your HR, it's 61!! What is the maximum and how many hours have you put in? Come and help me with a few level 3 quests.

Mate, you are a legend. I look at your HR, it's 61!! What is the maximum and how many hours have you put in? Come and help me with a few level 3 quests.

The max HR is 999 I think. There's no way I will be aiming to get that high, level 100 will do me nicely. I've spent around 220 hours on the game now. :D

I will be on every morning this week at 10 til about half 12 if you need a hand. After that I wont be back on til about 11 at night and then I will be playing with my mates.

I just had my revenge in the Lagiacrus capture quest offline... and with Cha-cha back, a shiny new fire hammer and the barroth set with his thunder resistance, it was not even difficult. :bouncy: I also defeat the barrioth. Can't wait to try the last batch of monsters.

Finally found enough Machalite Ore to forge my 1st Long Sword, bloody annoying when you're not looking for something you find it almost all the time but once you need it you can't find it anywhere.

Still can't repel the Lagiacrus offline, his thunder attacks kill me, I need to try finish my Baroth armor, just Waist and Legs to go... need Fertile Mud.

Still trying to find/freehunt a Gigginox for the Pale Extract, I need this to make Mega Demon drug which is the last thing I need to upgrade my Bone Tomohawk Sword&Sheild to a Qurupeco Chopper which has a fire power which will be of great help with Lagiacrus. Tried looking for Gigginox offline in the Hunt a Great Baggi quest which I seen him in before, enviroment was unstable but still he didn't reappear. Tried going online but nobody else online, tried to get some randoms to help but seemed to keep getting unhelpful jackasses tonight, ah well.... maybe tomorrow

Oh yeah, how do I get Shroom Germ+ and also monster carves with a + (like R.Ludroth Claw+ / Spongy Hide+ etc..)???

...I've spent around 220 hours on the game now...

Wow! I thought I'd been on the game as much as I could but at 100hrs less than you Hero I feel like I've not been putting as much into as I should, haha!

Also, you are a Hero on this game! I love taking down pretty much anything insanely fast when teamed up with you. It's so quick it's hilarious!

Zechs if you're online this week any day except Thursday (I play football then) after about 7pm onwards, I'll team up with you and we'll finish off your 3* quests.

Edited by Kav

The max HR is 999 I think. There's no way I will be aiming to get that high, level 100 will do me nicely. I've spent around 220 hours on the game now. :D

I will be on every morning this week at 10 til about half 12 if you need a hand. After that I wont be back on til about 11 at night and then I will be playing with my mates.

220!!!

I'll only be happy with you if you spend at least 500 hours on it, now GO!!! :heh:

Oh yeah, how do I get Shroom Germ+ and also monster carves with a + (like R.Ludroth Claw+ / Spongy Hide+ etc..)???

You have to be HR31 at least and then carve on 4* quests for your + items.

Zechs if you're online this week any day except Thursday (I play football then) after about 7pm onwards, I'll team up with you and we'll finish off your 3* quests.

Thanks mate, I was on last nigth but couldn't connect with you, you were playing with the bigger boys and I'm not allowed to join them yet lol.

I ended up playing with this right twat who refused to go in with enough potions to keep himself from fainting. Awful.

You have to be HR31 at least and then carve on 4* quests for your + items.

Ah so you can only get them online then... ah well.

The Cold Stones quest also has Gigginox listed in it. Might be easier to hunt / find with no Great Baggi roaming around.

I tried that one last night, enviroment was unstable also, i found all the bloodstones i needed in less than 10mins, and just ran around till I got the 10mins warning looking for him but he never showed... again it's like when your not looking for something it's always there, when you want it you can't bloody find it :heh:

Well it seems that Pale Extract can also be obtained from using the Fishing fleet's hunting services. Apparently, these are only available every now and then...

For Shroom Germ+, you don't need to be HR31. Just hunt some Altaroths and check the rewards from Junior, or trade with the Argosy captain.

Ah grrrr. ... i'd forgotten about the fishing fleet :heh: *smacks forehead*

I'd only been sending the Argosy out (though he's never had any shroom germ+ to trade...yet)

I'm gonna try that tonight... though just incase they don't come back with some i'll probably be only from 7 or half 7 if anyone wants to help freehunt a giggnox with me, so far he seems to be more likely to appear in the capture great baggi quest

Ah so you can only get them online then... ah well.

Apparently you need +20 in a skill to get carve+ items. I don't know which skill it is though.

In the Cold Stones q, Gigginox appeared quite soon after I had lit the fires in the cave (subq). Might or might not be a trigger, don't know...Anyway, I'll probably be online at that time as well, so I'll see if I can find you then.

I just did that quest, and he appeared in area 5 when I lit up the torches.

that light the tourches subquest was the 1st thing i did last night, no sign of him, maybe in my game he's affriad of light? :heh:

hey question time guys, what will happen if you do "end via sidequest" does it complete your objective(offline) so you can continue with the story mode?

I got my ass handed to me multiple times by barioth:cry: to the point that it frustrates me allot. And i NEED to do that quest because its a story mode quest:cry: and also i need its spikes to upgrade my longsword.

End via subquest means you just end the quest by handing in the completed subquest.

Subquest isn't the main quest, you still need to complete the main one to progress.

End via subquest means you just end the quest by handing in the completed subquest.

Subquest isn't the main quest, you still need to complete the main one to progress.

f*ck, that ice monster is so frustrating, its not even fun anymore because he really doesnt have any patern. and chances to get a new long sword online in a short period of time is also almost zero....

i need 3 carbalite ore to upgrade my crappy armor, does anyone know where i can find this? as before i found it by chance XD

(IGN-Godrick since doncartel wouldnt fit)

So you're Godrick, was wondering whether you were from here also. For Carbalite, just mine in D.Island or F.Forest in high rank quests.

yeah thats me XD. thanks for the info will look for some today. you online later btw?