NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Things people like, but you can't quite understand

People do it for others though.

And I can 'look my best' without slapping on chemicals that were tested on harmless animals.

And if there's not a person alive who doesn't benefit from it, why don't males wear it (generally)?

Are you suggesting that disfigured people should put paper bags over their heads for the benefit of others?

No, did I say that?

Just that anybody, and everybody, can look better with a little cosmetic help.

The amount of metrosexuals we have here I think the point is already proven.

And I can 'look my best' without slapping on chemicals that were tested on harmless animals.

Oh I see, we've got one of these self righteous animal rights preachers on board have we?

Men wearing make up is wrong btw

People do it for others though.

And if there's not a person alive who doesn't benefit from it, why don't males wear it (generally)?

I do.

And I use cruelty free products.

would people please stop arguing :(

seems people like arguing and i cant quite understand why

On that note, perhaps we should end arguments at this point. If not then locky locky. :wink:

On that note, perhaps we should end arguments at this point. If not then locky locky. :wink:

How do you define an argument?

A disagreement?

Insults flying every way?

This isn't an argument.

How do you define an argument?

A disagreement?

Insults flying every way?

This isn't an argument.

It was, it's not so much anymore, more of a heated discussion. In fact I love debating with people online, but that isn't really the purpose of this thread.

Oh, didn't you know? We're not allowed to disagree with each other on here anymore.

Oh, didn't you know? We're not allowed to disagree with each other on here anymore.

You're not allowed to flame people, it's been in the forum rules for years.

I can't believe people have stated such things as Muse, Bill Murray, Anime and did someone say sport or... is it just used as the antithesis of cartoons cos you sit around watching the 'toons (well I do) and you run around playing sport (well, I do). I like all those things! :heh:

I'm pleased to have seen things like Bebo appear. :D

I can't believe people have stated such things as Muse, Bill Murray, Anime and did someone say sport or... is it just used as the antithesis of cartoons cos you sit around watching the 'toons (well I do) and you run around playing sport (well, I do). I like all those things! :heh:

I'm pleased to have seen things like Bebo appear. :D

I'm with you on Bill Murray, the best one out of the Ghostbusters! How dare they! :nono:

It was, it's not so much anymore, more of a heated discussion. In fact I love debating with people online, but that isn't really the purpose of this thread.

Hey, I can't help being more of a girl than a so called 'real' girl, it's just the way I was made.

oh aye

bill murray - he ANNOYS ME

Bill Murray and Football? I'm not sure if I like you. jokejokejoke

Oh, yeah. I don't like Keira Knightley. Looks too fragile, I could probably snap her in half like a Kit-Kat...

I don't believe it. :cry:

sure ive already told u about this? :o i'm pretty sure i have

Bill Murray and Football? I'm not sure if I like you. jokejokejoke

not many people do like me :D

football is growing on me, i can sit through MOTD without complaining :D

not many people do like me :D

football is growing on me, i can sit through MOTD without complaining :D

I actually complain during MOTD. :heh:

For example: "How the feck is Middlesbrough's game more important than Villa's? They only played Derby County ffs..." Et cetera, et cetera.

I actually complain during MOTD. :heh:

For example: "How the feck is Middlesbrough's game more important than Villa's? They only played Derby County ffs..." Et cetera, et cetera.

for me it normally is:

This is boring!

I want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep

But i enjoy the funny bit at the end where they make fun of people

random crap like that

Oh I see, we've got one of these self righteous animal rights preachers on board have we?

Men wearing make up is wrong btw

Yes, self righteous. :indeed:

All I did was give another reason not to wear makeup. If anything, those that bitch at ARA's for promoting compassionate living are self righteous....self righteous towards animals and no doubt other humans. Also, I hardly preached. It's a common thing for people to be against testing cosmetics on animals.

And if women are 'supposed' to wear make up to make them look good, then so should men.

For future reference, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's what stops arguments.

Note: your attitude was one of the reasons why I was weary of joining these forums (my b/f encouraged me to), because I looked back at topics to see how people behaved towards vegans and such like, and it wasn't very nice.

Yes, self righteous. :indeed:

All I did was give another reason not to wear makeup. If anything, those that bitch at ARA's for promoting compassionate living are self righteous....self righteous towards animals and no doubt other humans. Also, I hardly preached. It's a common thing for people to be against testing cosmetics on animals.

And if women are 'supposed' to wear make up to make them look good, then so should men.

For future reference, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's what stops arguments.

Note: your attitude was one of the reasons why I was weary of joining these forums (my b/f encouraged me to), because I looked back at topics to see how people behaved towards vegans and such like, and it wasn't very nice.

Now, vegans I don't have a problem with include people who are doing it for their own health, vegans who think they are somehow saving the world by not eating a bit of cheese now and again are just delusional.

Now, I'm not in to animal cruelty, not by a long shot, in fact my member name will probably be more closely associated with my dog than with me. But, you've got to learn your limitations, not eating meat, let alone eggs milk and cheese, is helping no animal, they still take the same amount of animals to the slaughterhouse, the only difference, the produce thrown in the rubbish.

Fact, you want to stop animal cruelty you've got to grow up, not eating meat doesn't cut it, get out there and be pro active, bomb slaughterhouses, paint bomb butchers, if you're serious about it do something, I did when I was that age, get off your arse and stop thinking not using make up or eating meat cheese or eggs is doing any animal any good.

Wow, now that IS self righteous, telling ME what to do (and telling me to grow up when I grew up a long time ago), and what my current doings do and don't do, when you don't know me, or understand the implications of what affects change, clearly.

You clearly do no understand what being vegan does (I shan't go into it because I don't want to drag this topic too much off topic, or create a vegans vs meat eaters argument), and that anyone who does do the actions you mentioned one should do, would not brag about it. It's all well and good preaching such, but you have to realise in doing so that you're wasting your time because you do not know who does what due to the very dangerous nature of such acts.

And did I say not using make up would change anything? No. I just do not agree with it for several reasons, one being that it is tested on animals, another being that I don't agree with it's purpose - to hide ourselves for the acceptance by others.

I did say no arguments, so this is getting locked, at least while people cool off. Sorry dynastygal, I'd like to welcome you in a better way. I hope you enjoy it here.