NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Things people like, but you can't quite understand

How is more team work involved in online gaming then playing a sport competitively within a team???

Simple: it doesn't!

Hobbzinio 1 - Jordan nil

1. Foreign food

2. Bebo

3. Vinegar

4. Reality TV show's

5. Mobile Phone's

6. Clubbing every single weekend

7. Halo, GTA and Final Fantasy

8. Scarface

Simple: it doesn't!

Hobbzinio 1 - Jordan nil

I guess its very much doing it is believing i guess!

Either way, I'm not going to argue with you... Unlike some, i can apprciate other peoples opinions. Apparently its quite a common thing too, shame others have issues with it.

I guess its very much doing it is believing i guess!

Either way, I'm not going to argue with you... Unlike some, i can apprciate other peoples opinions. Apparently its quite a common thing too, shame others have issues with it.

His opinion is that yours in nonsensical and illogical. :indeed:

You may as well apply that to all colas.

I was actually. I deteste Pepsi, Coke, Tesco Cola and all things similar. The word Coke gets used so much that it kinda replaced cola in my vocabulary. I know it's incorrect to say coke instead of cola, but I can't help it.

I was actually. I deteste Pepsi, Coke, Tesco Cola and all things similar. The word Coke gets used so much that it kinda replaced cola in my vocabulary. I know it's incorrect to say coke instead of cola, but I can't help it.

Yeah, everyone just says "Coke" now. Cola is now classed as the cheap asda stuff etc.

Elvis Presley - The most overrated thing ever IMO.

That and the Beatles. Don't see the appeal in them [Elvis I appreciate more, but I don't see his face in my shit]

Do not compare something you do with a joystick to something you do with every part of your body, just looks stupid.

It's not really about what you do with your body, more so your mind.

1. Other people

2. Women with overly large chests

3. Muse

4. The Butterfly Effect

5. Green Wing

Everyone should take part in some sort of sport IMO. It would solve most of society's problems.

...I think you'll find that "most of society's problems" are caused by people who like sport, if only because the majority of people do.

But honestly... how many problems am I causing society by taking part in no sports?

1: why people always follow a trend to feel part of a group.

2: Ipods

3: preffering mac over windows, vice versa. Its a computer which you do work/ play on who gives two shits what it looks like.

4: people like not liking anime because they see one episode of one show and like to feel different.

5: drinking and getting drunk for the sake of getting drunk. I got drunk with some random ukrainians, I didnt want to, they forced me to sit, drink and eat with them and it was a good time. Getting drunk to go have sex with any equally irritating person you find i dont understand.

How is more team work involved in online gaming then playing a sport competitively within a team???

I seriously wanna know your thought bank behind that one.

Isn't this kind of the whole point of the thread. To day something that you don't get but other people like? So if he doesn't like sport and something else better; reverse it, you like sport, so you won't get what he likes better.

See?

It's simple.

EDIT: Also, on the larger scale of things. Computer games could be seen as a form of mental activity. And it's the old argument of whether intellectual competition such as chess tournaments are, essentially, better than sporting competitions. Which then boils down to the even more basic arguement, Brain vs. Braun (if that's the right spelling, you can tell I'm not much of the former). And this argument, as we all know, is bullshit and no one cares so shut up.

EDIT 2: Actually, one thing to add to my list: The Brain vs. Braun argument.

The fact is, i can't stand sport. Theres more team work involved in playing most online games (with people who aren't cretins) than a game of football.

I'm sorry but only someone who does both can say that. If you have ever played football properly (I mean in a team not just with friends) you will realise exactly how much teamwork is needed to be good at football. You might not notice it when you watch it but it is there. A good team will know what the other players are going to do. For example two good centre midfielders will always support each other, when one goes forward the other drops back etc.

EDIT: Also, on the larger scale of things. Computer games could be seen as a form of mental activity. And it's the old argument of whether intellectual competition such as chess tournaments are, essentially, better than sporting competitions. Which then boils down to the even more basic arguement, Brain vs. Braun (if that's the right spelling, you can tell I'm not much of the former). And this argument, as we all know, is bullshit and no one cares so shut up.

EDIT 2: Actually, one thing to add to my list: The Brain vs. Braun argument.

But being good at a sport isn't the same thing as being fit. Yeah it helps, but you will never be good at sport if you aren't clever enough to do it. Maybe not academically clever but clever in that certain sport. Being able to read the game or your opponent.

Haha, Metroid. So much hype yet so little substance!

........you know you were never going to get away with that comment didnt you:)

1:big brother

2: final fantasy

3: people who think metroid has little substance

...I think you'll find that "most of society's problems" are caused by people who like sport, if only because the majority of people do.

But honestly... how many problems am I causing society by taking part in no sports?

Tar the Sport concept with one bursh why don't you..

I'd much rather settle down watch/play and do anything regarding Football, than play Nintendo Games Worrying about whose going to be in the Next Brawl game while downloading Anime "Because It teaches us favuable life lessons, but thats not really the idea because I am going to crack one off over the woman with the big eyes"....

Staying in day after day getting bigger and bigger and not engage in any sort of Social Activity which doesn't revolve around a person from the other end of the globe.

People may not like Football, but who ever doesn't like sport really needs to take a long hard look at themselves...

Why can't people accept that others like somethings and don't enjoy others?

You don't like anime. I don't like sports, whats the difference? Why does it hurt me and why should i analyse myself over not liking a particular thing you like?

I mean, how is this hurting you or myself? As for the whole "getting bigger and bigger" thing, admittedly untill around 6 months ago i saw myself as being quite fat. I am infact now fairly slim, not as much as i would like, but only 1/2 a stone over the 'norm' for my height.

This isn't because i took up a sport, sure i often run around to get to places but its more because i eat healthy.

Tar the Sport concept with one bursh why don't you..

I'd much rather settle down watch/play and do anything regarding Football, than play Nintendo Games Worrying about whose going to be in the Next Brawl game while downloading Anime "Because It teaches us favuable life lessons, but thats not really the idea because I am going to crack one off over the woman with the big eyes"....

Staying in day after day getting bigger and bigger and not engage in any sort of Social Activity which doesn't revolve around a person from the other end of the globe.

People may not like Football, but who ever doesn't like sport really needs to take a long hard look at themselves...

Your opinion of anime is still very bigoted, nobody watches Naruto for the life lessons it tries to pass, but for the action and for the story, because eventually we get attached to the characters. I don't download anime daily, not even weekly and I'm strongly against wapaneses, but I don't believe that someone would watch something like Death Note and not like. Then again, some might, that's the point of this thread.

There is a thin line between stating your opinion and saying something for shock value Jordan. You can get the rest of the people who never took up PE in school to have your back and say "mind over matter", but that doesnt hide the fact that would you said was very silly.

Shock value?

What? :D

How the? Oh nevermind Hobbz, I guess we're from two different worlds. As for PE, i was pretty good at Rugby and Dodgeball when i actually tried. I just never saw the fun in it, to be honest.

Also, again you state what you're saying as fact rather than opinion. Regardless, if you don't like what i said, then fine. But, Its been a while since i was in a 'team' for a sport so to speak, all what i could see was people passing the ball to each other. Sure, its team work, but at the end of the day, complex tactics and stratergies that i've seen in the past (and the only reason i'm defending this point is because most of the time i get my ass kicked by them) in games far out goes what i've seen in any real life sport.

Don't bother jumping down my neck at this comment, this is very much a closing statement from me. I'm not going to post here again, for fear that any comment i make just makes things worse.

I have met people that don't like Football, Heck one of my Best Friends takes very little interest but he enjoys his sport, Be it Basketball or even the odd kick about which I did have with him a few years ago.

I have not met one person throughout my life time that has never enjoyed a sport, heck one guy I know as an F1 Freak?!

I just think that Sport is one of those things that if you don't make a part of your life makes you miss out on things than you just can't get from anywhere else.

In my opinion to compare an Online Competetive Game to a game of Football in my opinions very hard to understand on many different levels. Baring In mind I have done both and I can honestly say I get more pleasure from scoring a long range shot than getting a Head Shot be it in COD 2 or Halo 3.

But there are things people who like sport will experience that regardless what you say or try you will never get anywhere else.

And for that I pity the fool as Mr.T Would say.

Notice How I'm using Sport and Not Football

Only on a Nintendo Forum I suppose....

I don't really care for sport. I used to be quite good at badminton at school and enjoyed it, but I don't care about it enough to want to play it now.

To further expand the notion of sport it unites a country be it Cricket, Football, Rugby, Tennis?.

Where are you when that happens?

Playing Halo 3?!

People who don't like sport are missing a crucial part of what society is and what sport brings to it and how it brings much joy to people.

I can appreciate that be it Rugby or Cricket, more so Football because it means alot to me and it has a massive impact on my life.

Take that away you remove

People i've met

Times I've Experiences

Times I've been Happy

Times I've been sad

Times I've been proud

Times that will stay with me until I'm 6 Feet Under

Times I will look back upon over the years and rememeber with a fondness no other bad experience can shake

And times I have yet to experience to a mouth watering level...

Good for you ^ But thats your opinion, something you might hate another person will love and vice versa.

You are dividing people who like sports and people who dont, like one half is normal and one half is freaks which is kinda wrong mate lol. Just accept that some people just dont have it in their makeup to like sports, as long as they exercise its loss wont have a big impact on their lifes.

But even those people who dont like sports must accept that being part of a team in a selected Sport involves more teamwork then a night in sat on your ass, playing a video game with some guy from china. Otherwise, to be perfectly frank your sort of dilluded.

I'm not doing that at all, I just think they are missing out a big part of culture

i dont like sport, iv tryed to watch it, but i really cant get into it. Thats it, end of. Who cares if im missing out on shit, i DONT like it. Get over it.

I go to liverpool to watch the big games, but thats not for the sport, thats for the atmosphere, and i aint missing out on that just because i dont like the actual sport.