N-Europe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll stick to BlazBlue for my fighting fix, and Super SFIV when that gets released. I'll probably mop up the last few Trophies then trade Tekken in.

I have all 3, and I must say Tekken is obviously the worst one of the bunch, most obviously because of how cheap the combat gets on high level competition. (Juggle fests all around make for pretty boring matches!)

Still, it's the best 3D fighter this generation so far and quite a good game, just don't expect the same level of quality 1on1s as you get in 2D behemoths like SF4 or BlazBlue or even KOF12 (if you're not playing online, of course)!

Either way, as a fighting game fan, for me, this gen is all about SF4, BlazBlue & and if you're really a die hard, MvC2 keeps and will keep on rocking pretty hard in Xboxlive/PSN. Tekken is just something to play with your relatives on occasion. I mean, I've mastered Bryan a long time ago and it's such a dull game when you keep playin a lot of it (mainly because of previously mentioned sucky high level combats).

I have all 3, and I must say Tekken is obviously the worst one of the bunch, most obviously because of how cheap the combat gets on high level competition. (Juggle fests all around make for pretty boring matches!)

Still, it's the best 3D fighter this generation so far and quite a good game, just don't expect the same level of quality 1on1s as you get in 2D behemoths like SF4 or BlazBlue or even KOF12 (if you're not playing online, of course)!

Either way, as a fighting game fan, for me, this gen is all about SF4, BlazBlue & and if you're really a die hard, MvC2 keeps and will keep on rocking pretty hard in Xboxlive/PSN. Tekken is just something to play with your relatives on occasion. I mean, I've mastered Bryan a long time ago and it's such a dull game when you keep playin a lot of it (mainly because of previously mentioned sucky high level combats).

What Tekken is all about for me. Me and my bro have always played competively on Tekken since PS1 days. It's a great party game when mates are round.

Namco seem to have improved the online. Much better matches today but still not like lagless private matches. DeathJamm was at mates whilst playing Aion on the same connection yesterday(damn you! for the lag) and I saw Matt play in slow motion lol. Bob is fast. Crazy idea for a fighter. I need to understand him.

You could say the same of all the 2D fighters. Combos are a fighting game staple. Just because Tekken has genuine casual appeal doesnt make it inferior. This attitude is exactly what killed the non Tekken games in the past. Not all games need to be exclusively super hardcore. Look at what happened to VF. After VF4 everyone aside from the hardcore knew it was insanely boring and didnt come back despite all the back patting for years on the internet.

Tekken 6 excels both ways and its actually regarded as the most balanced fighter this generation. Its dominated since release in the arcades despite other heavyweights releasing later. Most importantly its alot more fun. Which is what games should be.

Namco seem to have improved the online. Much better matches today but still not like lagless private matches. DeathJamm was at mates whilst playing Aion on the same connection yesterday(damn you! for the lag) and I saw Matt play in slow motion lol. Bob is fast. Crazy idea for a fighter. I need to understand him.

You could say the same of all the 2D fighters. Combos are a fighting game staple. Just because Tekken has genuine casual appeal doesnt make it inferior. This attitude is exactly what killed the non Tekken games in the past. Not all games need to be exclusively super hardcore. Look at what happened to VF. After VF4 everyone aside from the hardcore knew it was insanely boring and didnt come back despite all the back patting for years on the internet.

Tekken 6 excels both ways and its actually regarded as the most balanced fighter this generation. Its dominated since release in the arcades despite other heavyweights releasing later. Most importantly its alot more fun. Which is what games should be.

Its a good fighting game, but balanced it aint. Bob is far too overpowered, hes God tier. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a pr0 Tekken player, but I've just had a 12 win streak using Bob online. Oh and Devil Jin is a beast in the right hands. He's got a juggle that can reduce 100% of your health.

If you want balance, then BlazBlue's limited roster is the most balanced fighter you can get.

Its a good fighting game, but balanced it aint. Bob is far too overpowered, hes God tier. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a pr0 Tekken player, but I've just had a 12 win streak using Bob online. Oh and Devil Jin is a beast in the right hands. He's got a juggle that can reduce 100% of your health.

If you want balance, then BlazBlue's limited roster is the most balanced fighter you can get.

Bob isnt considered special or anything. Its just people arent used to him as he's new. So people spam cheap moves that work till people figure them out. Same for Lars and Alisa especially. Wont last long. Heck dont panic i use auto block do half the work with characters i dont know while he gets hungry :p

TEKKEN66.png

Devil Jin is nothing. Havent had a really hard one so far but there are quite afew online. No match for my Law.

I know about BlazBlue being good but its small as you said. Tekken 6 has excellent rep for balance despite so many characters, which many people point out. No one stands out as too good or anything and expert players win with lots of different characters who may be listed as being weak. The weaker Tekken 5 characters are now better too(Law, Lei for me). Namco kept tweaking over 2 years and still will.

Going to work on Lars. He has potential. He seems like a super hero with his aerial kicks.

Edited by Choze

Juggles aren't the same as combos. Combos are what makes a game interesting. Juggles end the match in one or two setting. And while you'll never see SF or BlazBlue matches ending in 10 seconds, it's sure to happen many times on high level Tekken matches. There's a difference and a reason why the fighting game scene essentially snubs out Tekken... once you get really good, the game becomes uber boring, it's just a race to see who gets the first hit.

No it isn't. And no it hasn't. BlazBlue is by far regarded as the most balanced one, followed by KOF XII.

It hasn't dominated anything, SF4 is still the top played one in the arcades, followed by Samurai Spirits Sen, then BlazBlue, then KOF 98 Ultimate Match, then KOF XII, then Arcana Heart 2 and then finally Tekken 6. 6th most played isn't exactly dominating.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I'm really liking it, but if you're gonna be talking about it, you shouldn't just blurt stuff out.

Juggles aren't the same as combos. Combos are what makes a game interesting. Juggles end the match in one or two setting. And while you'll never see SF or BlazBlue matches ending in 10 seconds, it's sure to happen many times on high level Tekken matches. There's a difference and a reason why the fighting game scene essentially snubs out Tekken... once you get really good, the game becomes uber boring, it's just a race to see who gets the first hit.

No it isn't. And no it hasn't. BlazBlue is by far regarded as the most balanced one, followed by KOF XII.

It hasn't dominated anything, SF4 is still the top played one in the arcades, followed by Samurai Spirits Sen, then BlazBlue, then KOF 98 Ultimate Match, then KOF XII, then Arcana Heart 2 and then finally Tekken 6. 6th most played isn't exactly dominating.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I'm really liking it, but if you're gonna be talking about it, you shouldn't just blurt stuff out.

Careful you are claiming a ton of other fighters have been bigger in the arcades. Well you are wrong there because none of the other fighters overtook Tekken 6 for even a week in the arcade charts. There are ofcurse alot more T6 machines too.

Regarding juggles. You need combos to juggle anyway... Tekken 6 also handles damage differently. Also the whole elitism thing has been done before and its fine to prefer 2d fighters. But to try downplay Tekken's fighting game mechanics is just silly as that is the reason its done well and has excellent rep for.

Tekken has had over 2 years of rebalancing which is how its earned its good rep. It its the most balanced Tekken so far despite the character count. Tekken websites love Tekken 6 for the balance and tweaks alongside the new mechanics.

The whole elitist thing isnt a path worth troddding down. Its been done before and comes to Tekken's favour.

got Platinum. Defeated Nancy! :grin:

and afew pics using the XMB save picture tool.

Love the stage designs.

tekken636.png

tekken638.png

tekken631.png

TEKKEN_6_30.jpg

tekken628.png

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

The lag is really getting to me, I'm almost losing faith in this as an online game! It hampers your combo strings and sometimes makes reversals redundant!

Still, I do love Tekken.

I need to get some practice in though as I'm shockingly poor compared to how I used to be... I can't even remember half of everyones moves :o(

The lag is really getting to me, I'm almost losing faith in this as an online game! It hampers your combo strings and sometimes makes reversals redundant!

Still, I do love Tekken.

I need to get some practice in though as I'm shockingly poor compared to how I used to be... I can't even remember half of everyones moves :o(

I think they have added in a ton since tekken 5 when it comes to the moves, as I found that I could remember a few for the characters that I played, but found that there were so many more than I remember. Online is a bit of a lag fest. Will still try to give it a go as i want those trophies.

Online patch is on the way. Will be seperate from the scenario camapign update.

Some rumbling about a Tekken movie... Has some famous fighters as well actors. Shang Tsung is Heihaci.

Isn't that a character from Mortal Kombat. The soul sucker. Anyways, I am only gonna say this once, the film, if it's true, is going to be utter shite. The story is way too far-fetched and convoluted to make any sense in any media other than a fighting game, let alone a video game. Also there are way too many characters to keep track of, with a large number of them being superfluous. Fans will ultimately be disappointed. Even if it's an anime, it will be shite as one has already come before and proved that point.

• 1 month later...

Well lets see. The movie has potential for killer fight scenes given the actors doing it.

Since the new patch the online is amazingly practically lagless. Its easily the best fighter right now for lag. I am surprised they bested even the 2d fighters. I get a 3 bar game and its fine... Pretty amazing turnaround.

Anyone played the PSP version?

Well lets see. The movie has potential for killer fight scenes given the actors doing it.

Since the new patch the online is amazingly practically lagless. Its easily the best fighter right now for lag. I am surprised they bested even the 2d fighters. I get a 3 bar game and its fine... Pretty amazing turnaround.

Anyone played the PSP version?

You obviously have not played BlazBlue.

Argh I can't do Nightmare Train! Anyone else stuck?

Its been a while since I did it, but if I remember correctly. Your character must be beefed up with top level items. Then, leave the gun until Devil Jin shows up (I think its after 40 enemies), hit Jin with the gun to knock him off the Train. Trying to beat him normally is suicide.

Whats this like online since the patch? I've not touched his since MW2 came out... and now my 360 has the red ring of death! Bugger!

Online is amazing now. You can get lagless matches frequently. Its like playing offline. :grin:

For Nightmare train, yes you have to level up the items for your characters. Dont forget Alisa as she does most the work. That means grinding some of the other stages for items. She will ring out Devil Jin easily anyway. For Hard mode just use S rank items.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!