Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Burnout: Paradise

Choze

New version is out soon right? £25 with all the fluff? It's a wicked game, anybody who doesn't have it needs it! I do need to play it more though, those bikes need more love.

Not all the fluff. Just the free stuff and the Party Pack.

Hopefully using the right stick to barrel is a mistake and they actually meant the left stick (which I suppose is the right stick). Edit: it is the left stick that you use. No problems there then.

I'm also not fond of the new billboards and smash gates. Still, I'll get used to them.

Still, I'll give the early cars a try (I'll kill them if they've destroyed the R-Turbo Roadster) and the improved colour at night is a bonus. It's good to see that you'll now be able to use the Rai Jin and Olympus offline.

OK, quick run down of all the new content:

Free:

- Cagney Upgrade and Bikes Pack (already out)

- New Patch out Feb 5th

Free in Ultimate Box, Cost money to have it with original version of game:

- Party Pack: Offline pass-and-play multiplayer

Paid-for Content:

- Legendary Cars (TV/film Homages): 88 Special, Manhattan Spirit, Carson Nighthawk, Cavalry Bootlegger.

- Toy Cars: P88, Manhattan, 4x4, GT Concept, WTR Racer, Bike + 3 others.

- Boost Specials: Extreme Hotrod & Hawker Mech

- Big Surf Island

- PCPD Pack: All we know so far is that it has something to do with the Paradise City Police Department

- Time Saver's Pack: It seems to be standard for EA games - it unlocks the normal cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch:

- New Billboard, Superjump and Gate Graphics

- Altered Stunt Run and Road Rage

- Earlier cars are slower but tougher

- Restarts

- Improved Night Lighting/Contrast

- Burnout Store (PC/PS3)

- Easier Barrel Rolls

Party Pack:

- Offline pass-the-controller multiplayer for up to 8 players.

On February 6, 2009, Criterion released this free update. The update includes the addition of an in-game browser for the PC and PlayStation 3 versions, which will allow users to access the Criterion Games Network. An in-game store will be added to all versions allowing users to purchase DLC from within the game.

In addition to these interface changes, alterations have also been made to the gameplay including the "most substantial overhaul [to vehicle handling] since Burnout Paradise was first released".

Various tweaks have been applied to vehicle dynamics and challenges to make them better balanced and more accessible to new players. Visuals have also been modified to make certain goals and targets more vibrant and easier to spot.

Despite earlier statements by developers that the game would not include a restart option (because it would mean introducing loading screens to the game), due to extremely high user demand, users are now able to quickly restart an event if they fail or quit it.

On February 6, 2009, Criterion released this free update. The update includes the addition of an in-game browser for the PC and PlayStation 3 versions, which will allow users to access the Criterion Games Network. An in-game store will be added to all versions allowing users to purchase DLC from within the game.

In addition to these interface changes, alterations have also been made to the gameplay including the "most substantial overhaul [to vehicle handling] since Burnout Paradise was first released".

Various tweaks have been applied to vehicle dynamics and challenges to make them better balanced and more accessible to new players. Visuals have also been modified to make certain goals and targets more vibrant and easier to spot.

Despite earlier statements by developers that the game would not include a restart option (because it would mean introducing loading screens to the game), due to extremely high user demand, users are now able to quickly restart an event if they fail or quit it.

I swear this update was available yesterday.

Just some quick impressions:

The new colours are awesome: the game looks absolutely stunning, espcially the cars. The crumples in the bodywork also looks a lot more defined. Night time also looks a lot better. I also haven't seen any fog...

The cars don't seem to have changed that much. They're slower while not boosting, but you get boost easier and use it up slower so it isn't a problem. The R-Turbo felt the same, but tougher. The X12 felt like it cornered a lot better.

The broken flashing billboards are very annoying. The superjumps and smash gates are alright.

The new menus look lovingly retro.

Barrel Rolls seemed exactly the same (I always tilted towards the roll).

As for the Party Pack, it's a tad expensive but was more varied then I thought it would be. Most use the lower-end cars.

A couple of favourites:

- Crash Land a Barrel Roll over the 1st street broken bridge in the Manhattan.

- Get as many oncoming near misses on the freeway in the WTR Racer. Acceleration locked on full. Boost locked on full. Breaking disabled. No crashes allowed.

hey guys,

I just downloaded the free update for burnout paradise on the 360, but i cant find an option to restart failed races. Can anyone help me out ( what buttons do i need to press)?

Press the right on the D pad and go down the list of options.