NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

Sounds like a new Burnout for e3. :D I hope.

REally? I'm not sure I want another one...Love Paradise and invested so much in it would be a shame to see it go...

Aren't Criterion working on the next Need for Speed next year?

Its a rumour. I will buy that no doubt though. Criterion can handle both games. They wont be just making DLC lol. :santa:

The whole sim thing is a waste when GT5 is coming.

New BSI DLC info

Big Surf Island is selected from the main menu (alongside Enter Paradise City, Start a Party and Burnout Store), which has new colors (orange and blue) like the title screen

The Vehicle Select screen has an added line at the bottom, Big Surf Island Cars (no bikes, sorry)

The Carson Dust Storm has a Stunt Boost type, where Speed = 3, Strength = 4 and Boost = 4. It's available right from the start, in any Junkyard.

You drive to Big Surf Island via the Paradise Keys Bridge, with the left-hand side being the racing route, and the right-hand side being the stunt route.

New street names: Jacobs St., Lipscomb Way, Daniell Way, Shires Drive, Griffin Boulevard, Huntley Boulevard, McDonald Road, Maguire Road, Glover Way, Pitt Avenue...

Areas on Big Surf Island: Midtown, North Beach, South Coast, Perren's Point

75 Smashes, 45 Billboards, 15 Mega Jumps

Island License for the offline progression with 15 events: 3 Island Tours? (marked with a white palm tree, like the white star of the Burning Routes), 3 Stunt Runs, 4 Races, 2 Marked Mans and 3 Road Rages

Discoverables : 1 Junkyard, 1 Repair Shop, 1 Paint Shop and 2 Gas Stations

Construction site is awesome, with the bowl and the sewers emerging in the middle

Had some of my best nights on PSN on Burnout Paradise hopefully this new island will bring the good times back!

Not gonna bother. Burnout Paradise got old quite some time ago.

I still love paradise! Not been on it much resontly though but used to have so much fun on this online and offline!

I shall be purchasing the island!

I need to get everything completed again before this comes out, started again to get all the trophies.

So are we going to have a re-union? Burnout Paradise is so good when there is a few friends playing. I would love to get back into it with you lot.

And you never know, you might even bag yourself a coveted MATtheHAT mugshot.

So are we going to have a re-union? Burnout Paradise is so good when there is a few friends playing. I would love to get back into it with you lot.

And you never know, you might even bag yourself a coveted MATtheHAT mugshot.

Yes i think we defo should!!!!

What I'm worried about is the Big Surf Island price tag... :s Does anyone know how much it'll cost??

What I'm worried about is the Big Surf Island price tag... :s Does anyone know how much it'll cost??

Probably either 1200 or 1600 MS points.

ps3 or 360? I'd be well up for some runs on 360.

I'm always up for 360 Burnout.

For some reason i can no longer play with the legendary cars (PS3 version)!!

It says i don't own any of them but when i click on 'buy' it just tells me that i have already purchased them! I was using them last week though!!!

Already tried seeing if i could 're-download' them but on the burnout shop in game it says i have already purchased them and if i go through the PS store it only lets me preview the cars.

Help!?

um...

delete your burnout updates and download it all again? I assume once you buy on ps3 it's 'credited' to your ID for free download after that

Either that or you'll need to create a new save (although they solved the problem in the latest patch).

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

Somoene did a bit of tinkering with Criterion's URLs and found articles which aren't due to be posted until later on:

http://portal.burnoutweb.ea.com/page/article?article=864

Island is 1000MS points or £9.99

Trophies:

Drive through 20 Island Smash Gates

Smash 15 Island Billboards

Land 5 Island Mega-Jumps

Jump through Deese's Donut

4.5 seconds of Crash TV Air Time

Complete a 750 yard drift inside the Inspiral Car Park

Complete your first Island Tour

Find all Island Events

Complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges

Smash all 45 Island Billboards

Achievements:

Smash n' Grab - Drive through 20 Island Smash Gates

Surf Boards - Smash 15 Island Billboards

Island Explorer - Find all 15 Island Events

Crash TV Air Time - Get at least 4.5 seconds Air Time from the Ski Jump

People Person - Complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges. These can be completed by 2 - 8 players

(110 Gamerpoints in total)

Also, two more cars:

Hunter Olympus Governor

Olympus with Stunt Boost

Island_Governor_02.png

Carson Annihilator Street Rod

Hot Rod mixed with Speed Boost and an earlier car.

1243583840-1annihilator.png

There's also a "Super Turbo" version of the Dust Storm.

When. That's all I wanna know. Next week? can see why its burnout night on thursdays. Should stretch it to fridays when this hits.

When. That's all I wanna know. Next week? can see why its burnout night on thursdays. Should stretch it to fridays when this hits.

Thursday 11th June.

Thursday 11th June.

Yeah thought so. Problem is, I get this niggling feeling that there is some other DLC dated for that day that is just equally epic...Think I am gonna be spoilt for choice again.