NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Hmm just a quick note here:

I managed to get From Dust working, after buying it, Happenstance told me about all the issues it's been having, but it's pretty much just fuss about having to keep online whilst playing it.

It's a brilliant game for £11.99, very chilled out, very pretty, it's all about developing a group of people in small villages and performing god like acts (you are called breath I believe) and save them from things like tidal waves etc to grow.

Not sure why it's receiving negative feedback about lag etc, I play on a pretty old system now - 3 years old and it runs perfectly smooth.

Hmm just a quick note here:

I managed to get From Dust working, after buying it, Happenstance told me about all the issues it's been having, but it's pretty much just fuss about having to keep online whilst playing it.

It's a brilliant game for £11.99, very chilled out, very pretty, it's all about developing a group of people in small villages and performing god like acts (you are called breath I believe) and save them from things like tidal waves etc to grow.

Not sure why it's receiving negative feedback about lag etc, I play on a pretty old system now - 3 years old and it runs perfectly smooth.

How does it compare to, say, Black and White? The game does look interesting!

How does it compare to, say, Black and White? The game does look interesting!

I'd say it's got pretty much the same sort of mechanics, it seems quite a few people are complaining on the forums about camera angles and such, obviously they've never played this type of game before as this type of thing seems to be a standard.

I've not gotten too far in yet, you seem to be saving the people for now rather than building towns, but I'm pretty sure it progresses to that point.

I havent gotten too far into it, at the moment im on the level where you first get the fire trees

What do you think about it?

I'll probably play a bit more today, as I've not really had much chance!

Been slightly addicted to terraria..:hmm:

Terraria is brilliant. Good choice. Like a more adventurous Minecraft. Omnomnom.

What do you think about it?

I'll probably play a bit more today, as I've not really had much chance!

Been slightly addicted to terraria..:hmm:

I do like it but I think I need to be in the right mood to play it otherwise I get annoyed at the villagers getting stuck somewhere stupid or just me not being fast enough or thinking ahead to stop a problem.

I do like it but I think I need to be in the right mood to play it otherwise I get annoyed at the villagers getting stuck somewhere stupid or just me not being fast enough or thinking ahead to stop a problem.

I've found the same issue, but it's a very good game when I'm just wanting to play something.

I'd say that most games are worth buying at that price.

It's definitely supposed to have some great ideas buried beneath all the massive flaws, anyway.

This thread appears to be pretty dead so I'm not expecting much of a response, but I was just wondering if anyone else picked up Dungeon Defenders on Steam? Shitty name. Quality little game.

I generally avoid anything with some variant of “defence” in its name.

Last game I bought was Alpha Protocol for € 2,-. Felt like I was robbing the developpers. After everything I heard, the game was pretty good, wouldn’t have regretted it if I had paid full retail price for it.. Yeah, it wasn’t perfect, but can’t remember anything I found really annoying. I have games for which I paid more (like full retail price in some cases), which I enjoyed far and far less. In my other post about this game, when I was asking if it was worth € 7,50, the previous deal for this game, I said I’d wait, and perhaps buy it on disc when I have more money spend. Now I have it for € 2,-, I’ll definitely buy it on disc, like I said, € 2,- felt like a crime.

Anybody here into GoG?

They're having an extended Christmas sales and virtually everything is 50% off. The Witcher 2 is currently 24$.

They're also giving away Empire Earth Gold free until sometime tomorrow (?).

GoG don't have the one game I would want from that sort of collection: System Shock 2.

And what a good game it is. But your not even interested in the old bioware classics? I urge everyone to play Planescape Torment.

Did you just call Planescape: Torment a BioWare classic? :p

But yes, everyone should play it.

Wasn't that one of Black Isle's games before they became defunct and restructured into Obsidian? Or was that Ice Wind Dale? I've never played it, but I have played Baldur's Gate 2. Good game, but a bit over my head at the age of 12 :heh:. It has been intimated that playing Dragon Age in an isometric viewpoint is a good approximation of that style. True/ False?