NEurope
pedrocasilva

Factor 5 on the Wii?

By "Gaming Legend" I meant Miyamoto, not Matt C.

He said in an interview that Nintendo was developing Kid Icarus, though he didn't say what platform it was for. So it could be anything from a little DS Ware title, to a full epic Wii adventure. But I would think he would have said if it was the latter.

There was nothing fake about Halo DS. It was a pet-project from Bungie, and IGN never claimed it was any different.

[/iGN Defence Force]Eh, Hellfire? ;p

iirc they decided to show some of the "Halo DS" which was really just a reskin of Goldeneye Rouge Agent.....

iirc they decided to show some of the "Halo DS" which was really just a reskin of Goldeneye Rouge Agent.....

Well yeah basically Matt said 'i played Halo on DS today' and the internet went wild lol.

In January 2007, IGN editor-in-chief Matt Casamassina claimed he played a version of Halo for the Nintendo DS. Due to speculation, on October 2, 2007 he demonstrated on-camera, in-game footage of an early-development style version of Halo DS. The demonstrated work featured dual-wielding and a version of the Halo 2 map Zanzibar. On October 5, 2007, Bungie employee Brian Jarrard explained the Halo DS demo was in fact an unsolicited pitch that was never taken on.

People hate IGN - this much is apparent - but there isn't really anything to fault IGN for in the Halo DS debacle.

People hate IGN - this much is apparent - but there isn't really anything to fault IGN for in the Halo DS debacle.

I haven't really frequented IGN so I never really read/heard/saw that tidbit.

More rumours have surfaced regarding F5 and their Wii projects.

A trusted source over at the NeoGAF boards has dropped some information on Factor 5. While we can’t confirm any of this as true, it’s still worth posting as a rumor.

So one of their (Factor 5) Wii titles is a casual game. The other one is a 3rd person shooter which takes place both in the air and on the ground. Unless they are going to make Kid Icarus a casual game, they do not have such a game in development. Nintendo might have denied their request.

Who really knows what is going on with Factor 5 and Nintendo. It’s not crazy to think that Nintendo got so upset with the leak of Kid Icarus that they canned it altogether. Stranger things have happened.

Positive rumours. Good, good. I'd hate to see Factor 5 go under, they're such a talented bunch of whipper snappers.

"a 3rd person shooter" on land and in air. That to me seems the perfect fit for Kid Icarus- assuming they're working on it. Roll on E3.

I was thinking it sounded like a New Play Control! version of the Rogue Squadron game that had on-foot missions in it. :heh: Who would know, eh.

Sounds like a Rebel Strike style game to me.

Hopefully its a sequel and they make the controls for the on foot sections better.

Although I loved the Rogue Squadron games...surely we've had enough of them now? How many more times can Hoth be explored? And, don't even bother with the new trilogy. :heh:

I hope to god it's something new and unexplored. If it's Star Wars related, I'll cry.