NEurope
pedrocasilva

Factor 5 on the Wii?

No I don't think they are. They aren't listed in the Wiki, and they've done a fair few games not on Nintendo I believe.

They weren't originally a second party, and that can be seen with their crappy games on other systems but they are, and have been since the Gamecube and the work of Geist, second party developers. All of their work these days is focused solely around developing for the DS and the Wii. So I believe nowadays they are supposed to be a second party. And that Wiki list has Camelot on it yet they've done titles for other systems so if they are classified as second party, technically n-Space are in the same boat.

I think, and this is only speculation, that Camelot have a written contract with Nintendo to produce exclusive titles, while n-Space perhaps simply choose to develop for Nintendo hardware.

No. No. No. The vast majority of pundits, analysts and commentators predicted the PS3 would be market leader- making it very attractive to developers and publishers. At the very least no one expected the first two years to be a disaster, which it has been.

The fact Factor 5 and Free Radical failed to impress with software is sad, and disappointing, BUT the decision to opt for PS3 was not, at the time, a mistake.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

but everyone else knew the wii was going to win.. At least i did.... ps3 was TOO expensive.. the main problem and it had no games... everyone saw it coming.

devolpers need to stop listening to these idiot analyists and use their heads which they are STILL not doing!

No. No. No. The vast majority of pundits, analysts and commentators predicted the PS3 would be market leader- making it very attractive to developers and publishers. At the very least no one expected the first two years to be a disaster, which it has been.

The fact Factor 5 and Free Radical failed to impress with software is sad, and disappointing, BUT the decision to opt for PS3 was not, at the time, a mistake.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yeah the analysts which are usually spouting bs like "Nintendoomed" since N64. Cmon I mean, Sony was already down financially, pre-ps3 marketing was a disaster, poor line up, ridiculous price, Blu Ray was still a risk, sixaxis was lacking, 360 already a year out, DS whopping PSP and Wii looking to go the way of the DS. It was always very probable that PS3 wouldn't go down well and it wasn't just me or delusional fanboys (which you no doubt think I am :P) thinking that. The decision was a mistake, just because they thought it was good idea, it went bad, thus it was a mistake.

Are you all really claiming that Wii was going to whoop PS3 before either were released? Seriously? I mean come on, Even Nintendo weren't expecting the success they've had - hence why they were producing more 'core gamer' type games like Project H.A.M.M.E.R and whatnot, until Wii Sports was the next cultural phenomenom and whatever else.

But more to the point, does anyone really think Factor 5 want to develope for Nintendo? They've always been about graphics, and pushing technology, the Wii to me would just hold them back on what they've always done as a developer. They always worked as an independent developer, so I guess to see them under any major publishers works would be a let down.

But yeah, the global financial crisis thingy crushed them. Lair flopping didn't help but there was a lot of stories about Sony giving them funds and sending technitions to help them and whatever else, I doubt Lair saw them lose alot of money, albeit not make much either.

Remember guys, Rogue Squadron 3 went bargain-bin almost immediately amid poor reviews and poor sales. Factor 5 are not the team they were once supposed to be.

Remember guys, Rogue Squadron 3 went bargain-bin almost immediately amid poor reviews and poor sales. Factor 5 are not the team they were once supposed to be.

Lolz.

They had the same developers, same team... whatever else I can pluck out my brain to compare to being the same. Same coffee coasters?

But yeah, pointless rambling aside, one game not living up to these inflated high standards people put on a developer who have never really done much but offer good graphics in a pretty shallow game, seems harsh. Even if Lair sucked, they didn't randomly turn into a bad developer. Maybe they just happend to always be bad? Or had a good streak of games but always produced shallow games with pretty flashy visuals.

It's kind of ironic all the Wii fanboys upset that Factor 5 are going under, heh.

Factor-5 used to be a Second party to Nintendo. The games they make are Flying Shooters, they started out doing side-scrollers in the vein of Gradius and R-Type. The genre as a whole is something of a niche market now, even with their well done 3D transference. How deep can the games really be? They aren't trying for a sim like Ace Combat.

They've also done platformer/adventure 2D and 3D.

Well, enough maniacal ravings. But could you explain this?

It's kind of ironic all the Wii fanboys upset that Factor 5 are going under, heh.

I don't see the irony...

Are you all really claiming that Wii was going to whoop PS3 before either were released? Seriously? I mean come on, Even Nintendo weren't expecting the success they've had - hence why they were producing more 'core gamer' type games like Project H.A.M.M.E.R and whatnot, until Wii Sports was the next cultural phenomenom and whatever else.

But more to the point, does anyone really think Factor 5 want to develope for Nintendo? They've always been about graphics, and pushing technology, the Wii to me would just hold them back on what they've always done as a developer. They always worked as an independent developer, so I guess to see them under any major publishers works would be a let down.

But yeah, the global financial crisis thingy crushed them. Lair flopping didn't help but there was a lot of stories about Sony giving them funds and sending technitions to help them and whatever else, I doubt Lair saw them lose alot of money, albeit not make much either.

Whoop PS3? No I don't remember saying that, whoopings aren't that easy to predict, but I always thought it would most likely have a good advantage over PS3. And I was right. I'm that awesome. Seriously now, it was always logical and I wasn't the only one saying it, of course different people see things differently, considering we were still in the PS2 power brand era, many people thought that would still carry their weight. Others were raving loon PS fanboys and there were a lot of those. Analysts don't count for shit, those guys have single digit IQs.

The only core game they were producing and stopped doing so was HAMMER, at least as far as we know, so that point is moot. They knew casual was the next big thing, the DS proved that. Was it 100% sure it would be a success? No, it was a very big risk. Was it more likely than at the very least PS3? Never had a doubt in my mind.

Did they want to develop for the Wii? Well they were developing for the Wii that alone answers it.

And the thing is, they were obviously swooned by PS3s graphical prowess and as the graphical beasts they are, they normally went in that direction. And Sony moneyhats as you mentioned helped. They no doubt lost money. There's a reason why they were developing for Wii now.

And this is the big problem right here, most devs were rushed to the HD consoles thinking it was a gold mine, so they ignored the huge prices on developments, middleware, SDKs, huge development times and many of those couldn't handle it and are now looking around and going "I'm in deep shit." Some have the money to keep going and develop where they want and reprioritize, ie the old "pants down story", but a lot of them don't.

Companies have been shutting down regularly this isn't new, but with the crisis right now, things won't be easy.

I don't see the irony...

Don't worry, people like to look down on people who like the Wii :P

Iun I honestly don't know about Rebel Strike III sales, but ground missions aside, it was still freaking awesome... problem was it had a lot of ground missions. RLII sold a lot though so I still like to think they have it in them to make good flying games.

Even if they didn't they were the ones that could really show 3rd parties can push Wii's hardware. And I mean really push it, not just like The Conduit (which already does a great job).

Rogue Squadron and Rogue Squadron 2 were very, very good games. The third game just seemed to be struggling for direction - an appropriate comparison would be Star Fox Assault. The airborne levels almost matched the standards of their predecessors but the ground levels were neither action game, nor platformer, nor third person shooter...

I never quite forgave the second game for the vertical difficulty curve encountered on the "Prisoners of the Maw" level. But still, there were some truly stunning moments.

The co op RL alone made it worth it. And the flying sections were amazing, like you said. The rest? Ugh.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was Nintendo Software Technology Corp. Not Factor 5.

But more to the point, does anyone really think Factor 5 want to develope for Nintendo?

They were developing for Wii. End of.

About at "ironic" as a bunch of 360 fanboys getting upset over the hypothetical loss of Bungie.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was Nintendo Software Technology Corp. Not Factor 5.

He meant Nintendo were making the game.

I would love Nintendo to buy Factor 5!! Mission 1, finish Kid Icarus, Mission 2, Make Rogue Squadron 4, mission3, make Captain N: The game

Hahaha, the greatest idea in the history of video gaming, that's for sure! Would be awesome!

They were developing for Wii. End of.

About at "ironic" as a bunch of 360 fanboys getting upset over the hypothetical loss of Bungie.

did kid icarus actually exist or is it still a figament of igns imagination?

I;m sick of hearing about it has to be the most overlyawaited game in existence

did kid icarus actually exist or is it still a figament of igns imagination?

I;m sick of hearing about it has to be the most overlyawaited game in existence

A certain Gaming Legend confirmed it was real at "E3", though he didn't say what platform it was for.

I never even believed it would be at e3.. I remember saying I wuld laugh my ass off if it wasn't..

It just seems so...fake..

Everyone is going on what matt cas said.. he started this right?

I never even believed it would be at e3.. I remember saying I wuld laugh my ass off if it wasn't..

It just seems so...fake..

Everyone is going on what matt cas said.. he started this right?

Matt Cass is largely responsible for it, but it did seem incredibly likely that Factor 5 themselves were handling Icarus, especially when they themselves released concept art of a Kid Icarus project that may or may not have gotten out of pre-pre-production.

But whether F5 were developing a KI game or not is out of the question.

“We are working on several projects, both multi-platform as well as single-platform titles for the Wii which you will hear a lot more about very soon." - Julian Eggegbrecht

Matt C. is kinda full of shit at times though, just like the rest of IGN. Remember Halo DS....

Remember Halo DS....

There was nothing fake about Halo DS. It was a pet-project from Bungie, and IGN never claimed it was any different.

[/iGN Defence Force]Eh, Hellfire? ;p

If F5 were handling Kid Icarus, Nintendo would be financing them, I doubt they'd close, so I don't buy it.