NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

What if they made Final Fantasy VII remake for Wii?

Now if that was going to happen, that would be the ultimate Wii sales booster and give a clear and defining reason why to own a Wii...

The Wii would be perfect ground to remodel FF7, especially after seeing the visual style in King Story. Imagine using the bloom effects (as seen in the Twilight in TP) to portray an over-polluted Midgar! Everything about that game seems fitting for the Wii, ofcourse it would also be one of the longest games available.

Sure, seems entirely farfetched but if Nintendo and Squenix could somehow pull this off, I am 100% sure this game would convert many 'hardcore' gamers/Sony jockeys to get a Wii.

Who would want this? Who wouldn't?

Me! This is one of those games I've always heard people talking how genuinely awesome it is and never really got a chance to play it.

But tbh I'm not seeing Nintendo having Squenix to remake it on Wii anytime soon. It just seems so... out of reach.

I'd like it no doubt but this thing about remakes doesnt appeal to me. i think crystal chronicles will shock a lot of people. By the looks of it the graphics are amazing. the only thing that held the original back was connetivity.

Fixed Final Fantasy VII remake for DS.

Plus the real FF fans say FFV is the best Final Fantasy.

Me! This is one of those games I've always heard people talking how genuinely awesome it is and never really got a chance to play it.

But tbh I'm not seeing Nintendo having Squenix to remake it on Wii anytime soon. It just seems so... out of reach.

I know but, in terms of remaking/returning to series, FF7 has had a lot of spin-offs and this was mostly due to it's fans. And with the PS3 in crisis, it could be feasible...Just needs the word.

Fixed Final Fantasy VII remake for DS.

Plus the real FF fans say FFV is the best Final Fantasy.

Really? I always thought it was VI.......Oh well everyone has their tastes XD

FF7 is the more popular however, being the first FF in 32bit form. IMO though, 7 has the deeper/twisted storyline.

VII was good but over rated. IMO they should remake VI on the Wii more then remaking VII on the Wii.

But hell why not both XD

How about they stop remaking games and actually do something original for a change over at SE?

Seriously we don't need any more remakes, I'm still waiting for someone to make an RPG combat system which uses the Wii Remote well. There's so much potential there so why isn't anyone using it :/.

IMO They should release Final Fantasy VII

IMO They should release Final Fantasy VIII

IMO They should release Final Fantasy IX

IMO They should release Final Fantasy X

I think they were great guys, i never had a chance to play them, we could control the characters with the Wiimote! I mean innovation, hello?

And they could spruce up the graphics, the Wii could more then handle Playstation 1 graphics!!

Or they could release them for DS, that would be AWESOME!

Misleading topic title, unlikely in the highest. If this was to be remade they'd do it for the PS3. Plus, I think it'd not be done for a home console, most likely: DS.

Damn misleading topic title. :p

Heh heh...

The Crystal Bearers looks much better.

I said the same about CC after a few trailers...How I was so very wrong.

All trailers simply meld the most entertaining parts of the game in a one minute time frame. So CB is going to be approached with caution from me.

Now if that was going to happen, that would be the ultimate Wii sales booster and give a clear and defining reason why to own a Wii...

The Wii would be perfect ground to remodel FF7, especially after seeing the visual style in King Story. Imagine using the bloom effects (as seen in the Twilight in TP) to portray an over-polluted Midgar! Everything about that game seems fitting for the Wii, ofcourse it would also be one of the longest games available.

Sure, seems entirely farfetched but if Nintendo and Squenix could somehow pull this off, I am 100% sure this game would convert many 'hardcore' gamers/Sony jockeys to get a Wii.

Who would want this? Who wouldn't?

Now you've hit the nail on the head; that's the only thing I'm afraid Sony is capable of paying Square to do and having major influence on PS3 sales; I'd really like to see it on the Wii though.

That said... FF7 would mean sales, but persanally... FF6 would be awesome as well.

How about they stop remaking games and actually do something original for a change over at SE?

Seriously we don't need any more remakes, I'm still waiting for someone to make an RPG combat system which uses the Wii Remote well. There's so much potential there so why isn't anyone using it :/.

Er...You do know they released FF12 last year? And are making FF13 as well as CB for next year? They make original games as well as remakes/spin-offs.

Me personally, I would shun a traditional rpg that would have me using my wiiremote as a sword for example...Whats the damn point in that? Thats the major thing thats irritating me about Dragon Quest.

Now you've hit the nail on the head; that's the only thing I'm afraid Sony is capable of paying Square to do and having major influence on PS3 sales; I'd really like to see it on the Wii though.

That said... FF7 would mean sales, but persanally... FF6 would be awesome as well.

You know, I made a topic concerning Pro Evo on Wii, then a few days later it was announced! Maybe I have lady luck on my shoulders?

But this would be perfect for the Wii. I'm sure the Psone licences have expired and the PS1 FFs are no longer in production...So...Heres hoping.

Yep, verrry misleading thread title. :heh:

I'd love it to happen, but I'd say they'll do it on PS3 but personally I might like it best on DS. And yeah, the Crystal Bearers looked pretty class the last time I looked at it so it should be a great title for us.

You know, I made a topic concerning Pro Evo on Wii, then a few days later it was announced! Maybe I have lady luck on my shoulders?

If by "a few days later" you mean "months before" then, yes.

Me personally, I would shun a traditional rpg that would have me using my wiiremote as a sword for example...Whats the damn point in that? Thats the major thing thats irritating me about Dragon Quest.

But Dragon Quest Swords isn't a traditional RPG. The whole game is based around the sword mechanic of the TV-plug-in thing they made.

Er...You do know they released FF12 last year? And are making FF13 as well as CB for next year? They make original games as well as remakes/spin-offs.

Apologies, but the idea of final fantasy twelve still being classed as original, when the truth is it's built on the exact same formula that they made games on 20 years ago is foolish. Everyone I know is getting bored of the final fantasy's now, I mean, Square have had 20 years to try and make another RPG that can be classed nearly as good as FF and they've failed every time. (Dragon Quest is owned by Enix).

They've remade about 6 Final Fantasy's now, and are planning on going through the Dragon quest's next, and then God knows what. I guess I'm just bored of all this RPG nonsense nowadays, as it seems the exact same as when I became a fan of it about 12 years ago.

I seruously hope someone other then SE comes along and shakes up the RPG genre in some crazy way, cause it's going stale now and SE don't seem bothered enough to try change it.

Apologies, but the idea of final fantasy twelve still being classed as original, when the truth is it's built on the exact same formula that they made games on 20 years ago is foolish.

IIRC, FF12 was hated by a lot of people because it was different.

If that was to be the case I'd urge you to create threads more often :) (We already knew PES was coming for a long time though)

Apologies, but the idea of final fantasy twelve still being classed as original, when the truth is it's built on the exact same formula that they made games on 20 years ago is foolish.

Almost every FF game has changed it's formula each time. It's either the battle system, the levelling system, or both.