NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Twozzok

You know the picture canadian/aussie cigarette packs have?

Describe to me fully the enjoyment you get from smoking. I won't be home til about 6 so you have plenty of time.

And Emo, don't forget that time you told me "actually I don't feel much from smoking anymore, I have to have loads just to get that feeling everyone gets their first time, I just do it now because I feel like it will help".

Yeah you said that.

maybe.

Not quite :P I don't get the heady high every cigarette.

I'm very tempted to just steal a quote from frasier. So I will!

Frasier: Now, Bebe, tell me, what is so wonderful about smoking?

Bebe: Everything! I like the way a fresh firm pack feels in my hand. I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane and seeing it twinkle in the light. I like coaxing that first sweet cylinder out of its hiding place and bringing it slowly up to my lips. Striking a match, watching it burst into a perfect little flame and knowing that soon that flame will be inside me! I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs... little fingers of smoking filling me, caressing me, feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper until I think I'm going to burst! Then... watching it flow out of me in a lovely sinuous cloud, no two ever quite the same!

Daphne: [visibly aroused, as are the others] More potatoes, anyone?

The ritual element of rolling the cigarette, layering the tobacco nicely - not too night or too loose, sizing up the roach and the skill involved in rolling creaselessly is enjoyable. Brings peace to my mind before I've even had a drag. Blowing smoke is fun!

And now there's a smoking ban on, smoking is a nice excuse to get away from the noise and either enjoy a few mins of myself, or chat with like-minded, drunken smokers like myself and to relish -as we all do- in the fine art of complaining about the Others.

And there's moer but I gottago!

Maybe we just don't care about the health risks, I know I don't, I have the genes of a man that smoked 40 a day unfiltered for over 70 years, and died of natural causes.

cancer is concidered a natural cause, genius.

The ritual element of rolling the cigarette, layering the tobacco nicely - not too night or too loose, sizing up the roach and the skill involved in rolling creaselessly is enjoyable. Brings peace to my mind before I've even had a drag. Blowing smoke is fun!

You put roaches in roll ups?

But yeah, it's very much a ritualistic thing, there is no discernable buzz after a few days of smoking, let alone years, unless you go without for a day or so, and even then it's not a particularly good rush.

cancer is concidered a natural cause, genius.

So is old age, he was 93 when he died.

You put roaches in roll ups?

I was about to say I try to use filters and stuff, but I'm guessing you're a filter-free kinda guy?

Yknow the smoking debate can go one way or the other. Smokers are addicted so they will always try to justify what most of them know is a mistake. Non-smokers are pissed at the very possibility that they could get lung cancer from an inconsiderate smoker. But the thing that really gets me is the way smokers ignore the facts. Even in this thread, the smokers are responding to all the easy things: "I could die some other way", "x is just as much of a sin as smoking", "No, you're an ignorant ****". And ignoring all the important posts.

Here's my favourite post from the thread, which the smokers have completely ignored. The last line was my favourite.

Thank you, Shorty! My opinion and thoughts totally!

I was about to say I try to use filters and stuff, but I'm guessing you're a filter-free kinda guy?

Yep, don't really need filters unless you're smoking the processed, chemical ridden shit they put in cigarettes.

Yep, don't really need filters unless you're smoking the processed, chemical ridden shit they put in cigarettes.

What are filters?

Gah. I hate this stuff. I´m a smoker - and to truly beleave that to put some picture on the pack should put me off smoking is pretty much the most idiotic thought ever.

It´s not like we don´t know it´s dangerous. It´s not like we don´t know it damages the lungs. Anyone who starts smoking can´t really come along in forty years and say "I didn´t know the consequenses" with all the "scarecrows" put up along the way.

We have been fed with anti smoke propaganda since the day that we were born - and still, we smoke. And you know what? I like smoking. And have never considered quitting.

Smokers today know about the consequenses (sp?), and smoke nonetheless - because we like it. No better way to kick off the day than to have a stroll around the block with my dog and a morning cigarette. Lovely.

Oh, and if it takes away the last ten years of my life? Yes please! Those miserable last ten I can do without - with diseases in every corner of my body. The human body aint designed to last over 60 years. That´s a fact.

OMG finally someone else on my side. Couldn't agree more with you.

Remember kids, smoking makes you look cool. Maybe when UK hits puberty he'll realise this.

Remember kids, smoking makes you look cool. Maybe when UK hits puberty he'll realise this.

Why wait, Jesus smokes, that should be good enough for him.

jesus-christ_smoking.jpg

I cant be arsed to read the whole thread, and have skimmed a few comments, but heres my take:

The truth is there are a myriad of ways a smoker or non smoker can die. There is no ignorance in stating that. If every smoker dies of lung cancer, then fair play, but the whole thing is a lottery from the outset.

Inconsiderate isnt an arguement to throw at a smoker either...More kids suffer from asthma these days more than likely due to the amount of vehicles clogging the roads and increased power/fuel usage. How many people are racing to sell their car and catch a bus, or install solar panels on their roofs ?

The funniest thing about the pub smoking ban recently is every time I go out there are more people sat outside the pubs than inside, and the non smokers are happy to join them.

I enjoy smoking, I dont need to put it into words why I do (nicotene vs brain chemistry), I enjoy true coffee also and dont have to justify that drug either.

I'll go with Rokheds opinion though, I will stop when I am good and ready, not because the surgeon general likes to be a scare mongerer.

So smelling, having stained teeth and having to force out hard coughs is cools now, is it? I'm sorry, I am a chav, it's 'safe' now. andn ot even my mates or I smoke.

So smelling, having stained teeth and having to force out hard coughs is cools now, is it? I'm sorry, I am a chav, it's 'safe' now. andn ot even my mates or I smoke.

Hey, everyone wants to be a pirate! A cool pirate though, not a safe one.

Swear down! Blud.

Stop living in the eighties, old man

aimed at the new guy, when smoking was at the very least regarded as 'cool'. Now it's regarded as 'stupid'.

Stop living in the eighties, old man

But clearly everything was cool in the eighties!

But clearly everything was cool in the eighties!

you're OK, man, how many do you smoke a day?

you're OK, man, how many do you smoke a day?

It ranges, depending on social activity mainly. 7 if i'm working and not doing anything in evening; probably 10-15 if I am.

It ranges, depending on social activity mainly. 7 if i'm working and not doing anything in evening; probably 10-15 if I am.

I always thought that you were a 'heavy' smoker, who smoke 50+ a day. Kate Moss smoke over 80 a day, occasionally.

3 packs a day O_o. Thats like 4 hours pure smoking.

EDIT: Or one every 15 minutes for 20 hours (if my maths is correct)

3 packs a day O_o. Thats like 4 hours pure smoking.

EDIT: Or one every 15 minutes for 20 hours (if my maths is correct)

You are joking surely ?

I thought I was bad with a 20 a day habit...

You are joking surely ?

I thought I was bad with a 20 a day habit...

I was commenting on the Kate Moss statistic thing UK said.

EDIT: But you might have already known that >_<

I myself smoke like 5 a day :/ sometimes not even that.

I was commenting on the Kate Moss statistic thing UK said.

EDIT: But you might have already known that >_<

You are safe....I only skimmed the thread and idiotically thought you may be serious. :P

It fascinates me how even someone unemployed could have a solid 60 a day habit....(even my ex's dad could only manage 40-odd and he was retired and sat on his arse playing freecell or telling everybody else how they should live their lives all day).

So is old age, he was 93 when he died.

no, sir, old age isn't a cause for the effect of death, natural or not. it's only a comfort for those who mourn the dear departed. a comfort you aren't very keen of it seems, but having to deprive that of your loved ones won't bother you of course. you will be dead. the everlasting dreamfield of not-givin-a-fuck.

A lifetime of enjoying a good old English breakfast or sunday dinner is almost as risky as a lifetime of smoking....Not to mention risk of salmanella, possible CJD, etc etc etc.

Imagine the supermarket shelves packed with Bacon and sausage with piccies of clogged arteries all over them.

Sign in to follow this