NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Slaggis

Mafia 2

Mafia 2 has been announced!

New York, NY - August 21, 2007 - 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that it will publish Mafia 2, a sequel to the original Mafia title that sold more than two million copies worldwide and helped popularize the gangster genre. Featuring a deep mobster-driven narrative packed with both behind-the-wheel and on-foot action, Mafia 2 is the sequel fans have been clamoring for. The game is being developed by Illusion Softworks, developers of the original Mafia title, for next generation consoles and Games for Windows®.

Like the original Mafia title, Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940's-early 1950's scenario. Players will easily become engaged in the game's cinematic Hollywood movie experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city. By fusing high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, Mafia 2 looks to be the industry's most compelling Mafia title to date.

"As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous game's fans," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "The 'wow' factor of Mafia 2 is definitely the benchmark-setting visual quality and action that you expect to see only in Hollywood movies."

5 screenshots have been released. Yes! The first is my favourite game ever on the PC, I cannot wait.

2003383396238394785_rs.jpg

2003386349254180651_rs.jpg

2003337082059334714_rs.jpg

2003333270835166659_rs.jpg

2003302675758755966_rs.jpg

The origional got amazing reviews on the PC but not so much on the Xbox/PS2

Coming out TBA for the PC, XBOX 360 and PS3.

The game takes place in the late 1940's, early 1950's. A trailer will be released at Lepzig

Hopefully they fix the flaws. alot of games start with great ideas and mess up the second game. Like Shenmue series.

What platform? If its 360 I'm interested.

No sry only DS and Wii. :heh:

What!? Its not coming out on Dreamcast! :grin:

You know what I mean't. The first one was only PC was it not?

You know what I mean't. The first one was only PC was it not?

Was at first, bu then then it went onto xbox and ps2 with less acclaim. *read my first post*

better make the console versions good this time as my pc is very out of date now

i LOVED the first mafia game...owned for pc

Was at first, bu then then it went onto xbox and ps2 with less acclaim. *read my first post*

Done sir.molesnoels10characterlols

Wow.

That is astounding.

No way in hell can that be on current gen consoles.

Wow.

That is astounding.

No way in hell can that be on current gen consoles.

The game is being developed by Illusion Softworks, developers of the original Mafia title, for next generation consoles and Games for Windows®.

Thats for the official press release.

Or did you mean the graphics in that trailer? But yeah, you're right, it looks amazing. The people look almost real.

But i thought we were in current gen, meaning... next gen = PS4, Xbox3 etc.

But i thought we were in current gen, meaning... next gen = PS4, Xbox3 etc.

Ah, no lol, they mean Xbox 360, PS3 etc, these are still called next gen by some, seeing as the PS2 is still so succesful.

As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous game's fans,"

The graphics in the trailer are quite obviously from a cut scene in the game and are not in-game graphics ;)

And cannot say I have ever played the original Mafia, if this gets good reviews when it comes out, I might just get it...

But tbh it sorta seems like another GTA rip off like The Godfather... Hope its not

Play the origional, seriously. It's brilliant, the whole style of the game, from the music to the gameplay is great. You can get it budget priced now too I think.

Mafia when it came out was seen as a GTA clone, but it has a much deeper story and the style of the whole thing really makes you feel you are in a mobster film.

A true classic, better than the latter 2 GTA's for me, GTA 3 is a little tougher to decide.

Lol at people who say it couldn't be done on current gen consoles, it could easily.

Sign in to follow this