• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I physically can't bring myself to read another comic today.

----------

After gathering my thoughts a bit, and re-reading the issue.

Invincible 63 spoilers.

Invincible is going to be so. Fucking. Pissed.

Not at Conquest...well obviously Conquest, but at Cecil. Seriously....he let Eve go, he practically encouraged it, when he said he was gonna keep her safe.

Like....I wouldn't be surprised if her killed/maimed Cecil.

------------------

Invincible Iron Man #14

This series is just at a constant level of quality. Staggeringly good. Some great development in this issue and a great ending.

8.9/10

-------------

Amazing Spider-Man #600

“The super-awesome [editor] Steve Wacker comic! It is 104 Pages!” Since 104 pages couldn’t contain it there is an additional 5-page story that will be made available on the Internet. Included will be stories by Stan Lee, Brian Michael Bendis, Matt Fraction and Joe Kelly, as well as a 61-page story by Dan Slott

If I could choose 4 Marvel writers to do these stories.....seriously, I'm really looking forward to this issue!

Amazing Spider-Man Panel @ WWP

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21678

ASM Storyline ; The Gauntlet

Sounds brilliant.

Also coming up beginning in November will be a run called “The Gauntlet,†which will feature the return of all the cool old Spider-Man villains, starting with Electro in a story written by Mark Waid. “The Gauntlet†itself is a banner storyline rather than a single story. “When we started Spider-Man, we basically took these villains and put them in a box, because we wanted to concentrate on Peter Parker and Peter Parker’s life. Now we’ve opened up that box and we’re pulling out all our best villains,†said Slott. Mysterio, Sandman and Rhino will appear as well.

Mark Waid Electro? Yes please.

------------

Yay, Moon Knight is back and it sounds awesome.

New monthly Venegance of The Moon Knight

Upgrades all his stuff with the money he made in the last arc of MK.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21663

So dead, she got punched through her stomach shes dead, or dying, i still reckon she turns conquest inside out with dying breathes

two things, his arms not gone yet, and the art is actually the best i've ever seen, the two page spread of conqust was magical

Doubt it.

She can barely talk, let alone turn his arm into mush or whatever. Thats assuming she isn't already dead. Which I can't see ANY way around. I'll admit he left it somewhat ambiguous and not definitive, but....I just can't see any way around it.

Seriously how pissed is he gonna be @ Cecil.

Doubt it.

She can barely talk, let alone turn his arm into mush or whatever. Thats assuming she isn't already dead. Which I can't see ANY way around. I'll admit he left it somewhat ambiguous and not definitive, but....I just can't see any way around it.

Seriously how pissed is he gonna be @ Cecil.

not sure about cecil, i suspect he'll rant, but nothing will come of it, looking for a scapegoat if anything. I just can't really believe shes dead though... its shocking really, really shocking. I just so wish we didn't have to wait a month you know?

Meh.

This comic keeps using major character death and the good guy losing as its hook. I'm bored of it. Invincible has never kicked ass (the character I mean, not the comic as a whole), and for a world full of silly villains and colourful costumes, nothing very superheroic ever seems to happen.

As if Atom Eve would fight a Viltrumite, even if she thought it was Omni-Man. As if Cecil would let her go. As if Invincible would let it happen. It's implausible and it's been thrown together for the shock value, and when Eve had only just started to become interesting again.

It wasn't even an epic zomg moment since it was spoiled in the letters pages ages ago.

Sorry, I just was not amused!

I thought it was an ok issue but obviously this entire thing was designed to be read as a trade and when I do it'll be brilliant. As a single issue these kind of stories feel a bit of a letdown.

Im tempted to sell off all my single issues, I miss just buying trades. Looking at my collection now it feels like im missing things that im actually not.

I decided to pick up the TPB of Messiah Complex last week. I haven't read X-men for around 10 years now ( think the last arc I read was Hunt for Xavier ) and I was very happy with my purchase. I've been after it for a while as alot of people gave it a good review and im glad I listened to them, there was pretty much a fight on every page :D I probably would have enjoyed it more as there are ALOT of charcters and events that I didn't have a clue about but it was still a good read.

How do the X-Comics hold up now? Any good?

I decided to pick up the TPB of Messiah Complex last week. I haven't read X-men for around 10 years now ( think the last arc I read was Hunt for Xavier ) and I was very happy with my purchase. I've been after it for a while as alot of people gave it a good review and im glad I listened to them, there was pretty much a fight on every page :D I probably would have enjoyed it more as there are ALOT of charcters and events that I didn't have a clue about but it was still a good read.

Get New X-Men, form 2001 onwards. Great. Grant Morrison.

I'm not exactly an X-Men aficionado but I've read my fair share, and Uncanny X-Men atm is my favourite stuff I've read of them. Written by Matt Fraction, an absolute superstar. He's writing the stories that will be the flag ships of our era. I'm certain of it.

His Iron Man.....its just outstandingly good. A real block buster comic book/.

Get New X-Men, form 2001 onwards. Great. Grant Morrison.

Out of all the art from the TPB the New X-men was my favourite. It was very clean and had a manga look about it, reminded me of Joe Madureiras work who was my favourite artist when I read comics back in the day. I was looking forward to seeing Chris Bachalos work again but IMO it has went downhill since his Generation X/ Early Uncanny X-men days.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!