Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Cyclops' powers aren't *that* absurd: his eyes are solar batteries that expend their energy as kenetic force. To me, that makes way more sense than, say, Storm or Magneto because they control forces totally alien to their biology.

ignorance is bliss though, especially with the 'Omega' Mutants (prof x, jean grey, magneto, franklin richards et al)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

So im about half way through Watchmen but im quite annoyed because my book is fucked up.

Chapter 2 is fine, then there's the 'Under the Hood' thing...then its chapter 2 again except after the last page of chapter 2 (which is page 24) it is followed by the 23rd page of what should be chapter 23, goes on for the other few pages of chapter 3 then carries on as normal.

Anyone else suffered from this?

Cyclops' powers aren't *that* absurd: his eyes are solar batteries that expend their energy as kenetic force. To me, that makes way more sense than, say, Storm or Magneto because they control forces totally alien to their biology.

ignorance is bliss though, especially with the 'Omega' Mutants (prof x, jean grey, magneto, franklin richards et al)

I feel that visually, as well as the fact no other mutants have that similar powers, he just stands out like a sore thumb. It's these solid red lasers (on a visual level) that come from his eyes. Other energy powers seems to emanate from the body as a whole, which just feels more natural.

And yeah weather/magnetism control is more alien, but again, the forces seem to pulse and wrap around the body, which acts as some kinda core..or whatever...

Just my nitpick. I dont think about it when reading X-men though.

So im about half way through Watchmen but im quite annoyed because my book is fucked up.

Chapter 2 is fine, then there's the 'Under the Hood' thing...then its chapter 2 again except after the last page of chapter 2 (which is page 24) it is followed by the 23rd page of what should be chapter 23, goes on for the other few pages of chapter 3 then carries on as normal.

Anyone else suffered from this?

umm...nope

sadface for you. It's amazing. Take it back and get a refund/new copy dude. You wanna try and read it before Shefftonia and the trip to see the film

....unless the origin and such of powers is of huge importance :heh:

seriously though, ambiguous explanation ftw. If I ever did write this thing, I'd need enough background to convey the changes wrought on the characters- particularly their perceptions and the like. In the case of telepathy, it could change the nature of every conversation you'd ever have. That would be a huge impact on the way you saw the world and people.

In my opinion about the origins of superpowers I think they should be explained as a factor in their life, not what makes them a person.

Because I find that a lot of characters come off as shallow and uninteresting because their whole persona is driven by the fact that they have superpowers.

But I think origins are essential, they serve to explain the foundation of the character.

Also on the whole how a superpower changes a person "The World Jones Made" has a very cool interpretation on being able to see the future

I´m kind of feeling a wanting to write a comic, I have the essential idea but

it´s gonna be while until (or if) I do something about it.

On the whole drawing part I´ve been considering taking drawing classes just so I can draw down a couple of ideas.

I finally bought Preacher. Will read soon.

Secret Six - the first tpb thing. Meh. It was okay. I was basically told/forced to buy it in preperation for the new one which I've heard is amazing. Catman is quite bad ass but not as bad ass as I'd been lead to believe. Mad Hatter is a weirdo. Lesbians are hot. There were nipples everywhere.

6/10

-----

The Astounding Wolf-Man #13

Mmmm yummy goodness. The last panel was rather cool.

8.4/10

-----

Green Lantern #38

Lovesomuchithurts.

Saint Walker forced a blue ring onto Hal. At one point his costume was blue red and green, which was awesome, the blue rings power spat out all the red, and he was like "What have you done to me" and he was merging between green and blue. We found out that blue rings can't work unless theres a GL nearby also...thats awesome.

A violet ring goes after Carol Ferris!!!! And (I think it was her) looked SOOOO hot as a Star Sapphire. Sexiest thing I've seen in GL.

A few other mild bits happened.

God so much going on, so awesome.

8.5/10

--------

New Avengers #50

Damn that was bad ass. Basically a big punch up, but multi layered, and Norman is so evil and bad ass and brash. Awesome issue.

8/10

OH GOD! I forgot to say. I rarely get embarassed, but I embarassed the shit out of myself the other day. It was so awkward.

I was in Waterstones, and I saw a Watchmen display, loads of books etc, and as a complete 100% joke, I went to Claire "OHhhhh look, everyones jumping on the bandwagon. Even shops are getting in on it now."

Being a joke that I'm an elitist, and the line "even shops are getting in on it" when it would be the first people who would anyway due to merchandise etc. Anyway so I was ripping elitists, and the shopkeep heard me. He was like "Actually we've stocked it since before I started here" and he said it in a cocky way, and I was like "Oh no no no I was joking, I was pretending to be this huge elitist" and he was like "I know what you mean though" blah blah blah.

Ugh. Lol. I blushed immediately. Don't want people thinking I'm a jackass, cos no one does................

OH GOD! I forgot to say. I rarely get embarassed, but I embarassed the shit out of myself the other day. It was so awkward.

I was in Waterstones, and I saw a Watchmen display, loads of books etc, and as a complete 100% joke, I went to Claire "OHhhhh look, everyones jumping on the bandwagon. Even shops are getting in on it now."

Being a joke that I'm an elitist, and the line "even shops are getting in on it" when it would be the first people who would anyway due to merchandise etc. Anyway so I was ripping elitists, and the shopkeep heard me. He was like "Actually we've stocked it since before I started here" and he said it in a cocky way, and I was like "Oh no no no I was joking, I was pretending to be this huge elitist" and he was like "I know what you mean though" blah blah blah.

Ugh. Lol. I blushed immediately. Don't want people thinking I'm a jackass, cos no one does................

tl;dr but what I did read I didn't follow.

Most good book stores have always stocked it around here...or is that what you're saying?

Most good book stores have always stocked it around here...or is that what you're saying?

facepalm.jpg

Thunderbolts #129

God this is so fucking sweet. This and Deadpool are so fucking cool, and awesome, and now they're crossing over! It's gonna be so good!

Basically we are introduced to the whole team, Norman saves the day in front of Obama, and gains a bit of his trust, and also Songird is seen saying someone needs to stop him. So god damn cool. Can't wait to see where this series goes.

9/10

Haha, brilliant. Australia = 5 stars, UK = 2 stars.

Not sure if I've mentioned, but I have a theory.

Basically I think Marvel are working on a realistic long term strategy with their characters. Most of them can't live forever, can't continue in stories forever and have to come to an end somehow. Comics like Secret Warriors, introducing a large amount of new, young characters. Young Avengers. Things like Valeria and Franklins development in Fantastic Four. I think they are starting to sew seeds, and phase out some of the A-listers, maybe in 10-15 years?

Who knows, but its an interesting theory.

I see a Green Lantern direct to dvd movie has been announced, hopefully it'll be good

GL_KEYART_2DISC_HiRes_sm.jpg

BURBANK, CA, (February 27, 2008) – The fabric of intergalactic justice is threatened – until Hal Jordan arrives for his initial mission – in the animated Green Lantern: First Flight, the fifth entry in the popular DVD series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies. A co-production of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation, the illuminated hero’s first-ever full-length animated film is set for release by Warner Home Video on July 28, 2009. Green Lantern: First Flight will be available as a special edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def for $29.98 (SRP) and $34.99 (SRP), respectively, as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). Order due date for all versions is June 23, 2009.

Acclaimed actor Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) fills the lead voice of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Meloni is joined by fellow Emmy Award nominee Victor Garber (Milk, Titanic) as the villainous Sinestro, Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) as the voice of Boodikka, and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Kilowog.

Produced by animation legend Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: First Flight is helmed by heralded director Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Superman Doomsday) and scripted by four-time Emmy Award-winning writer Alan Burnett (The Batman).

Green Lantern: First Flight finds Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps and placed under the supervision of respected senior Lantern Sinestro. The earthling soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe.

Green Lantern: First Flight - 2 Disc Special Edition versions will include incredible bonus features such as:

* Over three hours of extra content

* Two Featurettes

* Digital Copy Download

* Widescreen (1.78:1)

* Two Episodes of Justice League hand-picked by animation legend Bruce Timm

Green Lantern: First Flight Blu-Ray versions will include all the great extras as the 2-disc

Special Edition as well as an additional two episodes of Justice League picked by Bruce Timm.

“Warner Premiere along with our partners at DC and Warner Home Video has enjoyed great success with the DC Universe titles, and we’re proud to present this first feature-length animated Green Lantern film,†said Diane Nelson, President, Warner Premiere. “‘First Flight’ is a compelling story and a great vehicle to tell this iconic character’s story to both new and longtime fans.â€

“In all of his incarnations, Green Lantern has stood as a fan favorite, and Warner Home Video is excited to provide fans with the character’s first full-length animated adventure,†said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. “Green Lantern was the perfect hero to follow movies featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the entire Justice League.â€

“Warner Bros. Animation is known for creating outstanding animated properties and has a legacy built upon some of the greatest characters ever imagined,†said Warner Bros. Television President Peter Roth, who also oversees television animation for the Studio. “Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team continue that rich tradition with this terrific DVD feature.â€

“As one of the true core DC Super Heroes, Green Lantern has captured the imagination of pop culture enthusiasts with his illuminatingly human approach to justice throughout the universe,†said Gregory Noveck, Senior VP Creative Affairs, DC Comics. “Alan Burnett’s script captures the essence of DC’s canon of Green Lantern tales, and provides a fine launching point for future stories with this character.â€

Apart from this animated release, Warner Bros. Pictures is currently in pre-production on a new “Green Lantern†theatrical motion picture, to be directed by Martin Campbell, bringing the popular DC Comics super hero to the big screen for the first time.

I highly recommend the Wonder Woman one too. It truly exceeded my expectations.

And ReZ, while it's obvious they intend to make a lot of their younger characters into "main" characters, but while it would make sense to get rid of the others over time, I can't see them doing it. It's almost too risky, as it's not like any of these new characters have a big fanbase.

I can AND can't see it happening...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!