Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

As i said in the 'post your purchase' thread:

51Ywn2OZqiL._SS500_.jpg

This arrived in the post today. Seeing as it was not in stock when ordered, it was a nice surprise to wake up to. Already finished it and in 1 word: EPIC. Then ending...OMG.

This guy's life is just getting fucked up!

Oooh, looking good.

Its so blatantly him. I love how they're pretending like theirs a mystery of who its gonna be though. It can only be him.

---

Oooooh! Wolf-Man teaser. Advisable to have read upto issue 10.

TAWM_Teaser_2_001.jpg

Yeah, kinda expected this to happen so I am not surprised...

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

As i said in the 'post your purchase' thread:

This guy's life is just getting fucked up!

Awesome. Loving the Wolf-Man love. I just love that TPB. Its a great and exremely fast paced story.

It gets even more mental too. And gorey.

I read the latest two issues of Amazing Spider-Man. IGN said it was shitty, but it wasn't that bad I didn't think.

Also I'm reading through Dark Tower. Very different, but quite stunning.

Deathjam, have you jumped on Invincible yet? Its essentially identical in style to Wolf-Man but sub out Werewolf for super hero. Not quite as gorey. Close though...lol.

Awesome. Loving the Wolf-Man love. I just love that TPB. Its a great and exremely fast paced story.

It gets even more mental too. And gorey.

I read the latest two issues of Amazing Spider-Man. IGN said it was shitty, but it wasn't that bad I didn't think.

Also I'm reading through Dark Tower. Very different, but quite stunning.

Deathjam, have you jumped on Invincible yet? Its essentially identical in style to Wolf-Man but sub out Werewolf for super hero. Not quite as gorey. Close though...lol.

Not yet as I have spent quite a lot on games recently (SF4 and killzone the main culprits) and invincible is looking mighty expensive, even though I look at it almost every week wishing for it to come down in price. Maybe in a dry period of games, I will pick it up.

Happenstance, you were in my dream last night, lol. We were in this weird comicy shop and you looked through the Invincible back issues in an obscure way.

Donald Blake just called me up. :)

Also picked up Images Four Eyes after reading good things. Very awesome. It was just issue 1 but its so good. I love Image. No adverts makes such a difference. And in the back was a 4 page preview, on ONE page (reduced size) of something I was actually interested in. Take note RapistArvel. I mean Marvel.

Anyway, for a first issue very good. 9/10

Happenstance, you were in my dream last night, lol. We were in this weird comicy shop and you looked through the Invincible back issues in an obscure way.

Donald Blake just called me up. :)

Also picked up Images Four Eyes after reading good things. Very awesome. It was just issue 1 but its so good. I love Image. No adverts makes such a difference. And in the back was a 4 page preview, on ONE page (reduced size) of something I was actually interested in. Take note RapistArvel. I mean Marvel.

Anyway, for a first issue very good. 9/10

Lol, considering I havent posted a picture of myself on here id love to know what you saw. Was I just a floating username reading the back issues?

Lol, considering I havent posted a picture of myself on here id love to know what you saw. Was I just a floating username reading the back issues?

Haha, I was going to mention this, as indeed you havn't but you were kinda comicyly handsome, short hair, browny blonde, light brown. Lolz. :grin:

You casually flicked your fingers, ruffling the back issues, and were practically looking at them upside down. I was impressed by your skill.

Also the shop was literally wonky, the tables were crappy wood, falling apart, like a market, stuff and clutter everywhere, very crowded etc.

ReZ and I talked about it already etc..

Those are really good pics to visualise the chars, ReZ. However, I dislike Paul Weathers' design.

It's too...gruff for what I imagined in my head as you told me. I imagined a younger looking person, a bit more finesse than fury. I think that'd work much more with the fact he's a novice magician, and the muscle is really Aaron (whose design I like).

I'll write a very breif outline. It is a definite cliche breaker, to start off.

Pauls father dies, leaves him a vault full of magic and spell books, in a world where magic has all but completely died out. Paul uses magic for the greater good, bringing his cop friend along for the ride. Hilarity ensues.

And as you can see its got Dracula. :p

Here's my idea in a nutshell:

In a near future, the world is on the brink of a make or break crisis of resources, ecological conditions and resulting geopolitical fallout. With the decline of the planet, the inexplicable dawn of the superhuman has occurred.

In a kind of 'Jason Bourne meets x-men' style, world governments are engaged in a new Cold War- only nukes have been replaced with superhumans. Whoever controls them controls the benefits their powers could lead to and they can dictate the political and economical course of the next phase in history, much like America does today having established dominance with their nuclear arsenal over the USSR.

The action would focus on a team of superhumans and their human 'handlers' operating out of Europe, engaged in a kind of covert war for new superhumans.

I have a few more in depth ideas for it but that's the basics. Now if only I knew a really good artisté

Here's my idea in a nutshell:

In a near future, the world is on the brink of a make or break crisis of resources, ecological conditions and resulting geopolitical fallout. With the decline of the planet, the inexplicable dawn of the superhuman has occurred.

In a kind of 'Jason Bourne meets x-men' style, world governments are engaged in a new Cold War- only nukes have been replaced with superhumans. Whoever controls them controls the benefits their powers could lead to and they can dictate the political and economical course of the next phase in history, much like America does today having established dominance with their nuclear arsenal over the USSR.

The action would focus on a team of superhumans and their human 'handlers' operating out of Europe, engaged in a kind of covert war for new superhumans.

I have a few more in depth ideas for it but that's the basics. Now if only I knew a really good artisté

That's generally a recipe for a good comic. Similar ideas have been done before, but they've usually been good. Reminds me of things like Kingdom Come (sort of).

It's not a totally original idea- it's kinda inspired by stuff like those bits in Watchmen where they all smoke different stuff than tobacco because Dr Manhattan exists. It got me thinking: Would a flying man rewrite the laws of physics? What would telepathy reveal about the human brain? etc. More to the point, what would be the psychological impact be on people who could do that kind of stuff? That's what I want to write about, not just stuff like dudes being punched through buildings:heh:

It's not a totally original idea- it's kinda inspired by stuff like those bits in Watchmen where they all smoke different stuff than tobacco because Dr Manhattan exists. It got me thinking: Would a flying man rewrite the laws of physics? What would telepathy reveal about the human brain? etc. More to the point, what would be the psychological impact be on people who could do that kind of stuff? That's what I want to write about, not just stuff like dudes being punched through buildings:heh:

I'd be interested as to how "telepathy" is actually defined in your opinion...it's very loose in Marvel/DC.

Yeah it's hard to come up with a semi credible sci fi reason for it. It is particularly far fetched, even amongst super powers. I was thinking perhaps a 6th 'sense' that can observe and manipulate brain waves by 'tuning' the telepath's own brain to a kind of frequency. Something like that, anyway. I'm not interested in really elaborate powers, though. I'd rather keep it 'low fantasy'

....unless the origin and such of powers is of huge importance :heh:

seriously though, ambiguous explanation ftw. If I ever did write this thing, I'd need enough background to convey the changes wrought on the characters- particularly their perceptions and the like. In the case of telepathy, it could change the nature of every conversation you'd ever have. That would be a huge impact on the way you saw the world and people.

I have to say, I think I partially love X-Men so much because they don't spend loads of time on originas of powers.

However, mutants with "unnatural" powers annoy me. Like Cyclops. His powers feel too random and unnatural, compared to telepathy or element control etc.

seriously though, ambiguous explanation ftw. If I ever did write this thing, I'd need enough background to convey the changes wrought on the characters- particularly their perceptions and the like. In the case of telepathy, it could change the nature of every conversation you'd ever have. That would be a huge impact on the way you saw the world and people.

I was thinking about this the other day. In Ult. X-Men, Jean Grey talks about not worrying about all the dirty thoughts you instantly think of when you know you're talking to a telepath, she's seen them all before etc, but that must be just..whoa.

To see constant like...rough sex behind someone's eyes would, as you say, change conversations. But then you;d get used to not being a prude or whatever, and realise that EVERYONE had these similar thoughts, just not out loud etc.

Interesting topic though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!