Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Sis got me 1985, and I'm about a third through and its wicked. Don't know why I didn't pick it up.

Think I'm just gonna get everything Millar does from now on. I can't remember disliking anything I've read of his.

Invincible #59 is out this week. The cliffhanger will potentially set up issue 60.

The prospect of that is making me shit myself.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Why do DC comics have Faces of Evil and Origins & Omens over them?

It's linking in with Blackest Night which is a big eventy thing this Summer (which will be amazing) you know Green Lantern? Well different colours have been coming into it powered by different emotions. Blackest Night is the battle of all of them vs all, and the introduction of the Black Lanterns, who are all dead people.

So each comic has a short origin-y back up story linked somewhat to the title character and Blackest Night (or rather, I believe they are all linked to Blackest Night,...the one that I've read and one that I've heard about both are)

Granted one of them being Green Lantern Corps lol.

So yeah in a nutshell, prelude to Blackest Night 4-6 page back up stories. :heh:

Only know about the green lantern corps by the JL cartoons.

Comics are hard to understand with the worlds stop existing then coming back again.

Yeah, precisely why I don't read much DC. Its ridiculous. Green Lantern is amazing though. Practically its self contained universe, with a huge cast of characters between just two comic books. So good.

And Batman is usually good. Hasn't been hugely enjoyable for about a year now though IMO.

You should try Invincible out Dante.

It has many-a-seal of approval around these here parts. :heh:

Speaking of which theres another "Conquest" teaser image. Minor spoilers ish.

Invincible_Teaser_2.jpg

Invincible = Awesome

Just finished reading the first two Walking Dead hard covers, damn I love that series. One thing I did notice though when I finished each book and looked at the colour images at the back, even though the black and white works well for the bleakness of their world it is so much easier to tell some characters apart in colour.

I also just read the first issue of "Battle Pope" and it was brilliant! Im gonna have to get some trades if they are out. Anyone else read it?

Invincible = Awesome

Just finished reading the first two Walking Dead hard covers, damn I love that series. One thing I did notice though when I finished each book and looked at the colour images at the back, even though the black and white works well for the bleakness of their world it is so much easier to tell some characters apart in colour.

I also just read the first issue of "Battle Pope" and it was brilliant! Im gonna have to get some trades if they are out. Anyone else read it?

I havn't read it. Really should considering. The trades are all out (dunno if that was a question...?) ;)

But yeah bound to be amazing.

I havn't seen many colour images of TWD, but from what I have seen I completely agree. It really is difficult to differentiate the characters...

Especially when the cast was so big. Now its not so difficult.

Lol.

Someone talking about how good TWD is;

You have killed my love for all other comics. No really.

Usually id buy a huge stack of random titles each week ranging from anything like The Outsiders to Incredible Hercules! i used to pick up titles for the sake of it.

Then i found TWD.

And it blew me away. Iv never cared enough to count the days for anything (except christmas) before. I mean well and truly smacked me in the face ! I can no longer read comfy titles like the titans or avengers. My interests in the 75th battle between Batman and the Penguin have died and as the agonising month between issues drags on my 7 issues a week has become 2 (if that).

Today i rushed home with a stack of favorites (it was a good week) sat back to TWD 58 and read on. Afterwards i looked at the pile , up next? Green arrow. But no i couldnt do it. I simply didnt care. Would you get out of a ferrari to drive a Ford Fiesta? No you wouldnt and neither would i.

So i re-read 58 again. And this is where i am now, finding myself unable to lower my standards for any of my other old favorites. There is nothing out there like TWD (yes my fix is helped my Brit/Invincible/Wolfman but its just not enough).

Bravo Robert Kirkman Bravo

I could talk about Invincible all day though. I am in love with it essentially.

I´m trying to find out a the name of a comic that my friend told me about.

He told me it´s basically Superman Vs. The Avengers and from what he described it´s Superman pretty much destroying The Avengers without breaking a sweat.

I´ve always liked a bad cross-over and this sounds like on of them but I can´t seem to be able to find the name of it and my friend can´t remember the name of it.

Google so far has failed me horrendously and I don´t wanna call bullshit on him because it´s very weird thing to lie about...

Also has anyone read The Darkness comics? Thinking about picking up a few issues to see how it is.

I´m trying to find out a the name of a comic that my friend told me about.

He told me it´s basically Superman Vs. The Avengers and from what he described it´s Superman pretty much destroying The Avengers without breaking a sweat.

I´ve always liked a bad cross-over and this sounds like on of them but I can´t seem to be able to find the name of it and my friend can´t remember the name of it.

Google so far has failed me horrendously and I don´t wanna call bullshit on him because it´s very weird thing to lie about...

Also has anyone read The Darkness comics? Thinking about picking up a few issues to see how it is.

Never heard of that. I'm not sure if he's bull shitting or just some form of rose tinted glasses, but Marvel wouldn't allow a story where Superman destroyed the Avengers with ease, so yeah. He's mistaken in some way, shape or form.

Never read The Darkness. Nor have I heard if its amazing or shit, so its probably just good/mediocore.

Never heard of that. I'm not sure if he's bull shitting or just some form of rose tinted glasses, but Marvel wouldn't allow a story where Superman destroyed the Avengers with ease, so yeah. He's mistaken in some way, shape or form.

Never read The Darkness. Nor have I heard if its amazing or shit, so its probably just good/mediocore.

I would believe this guy to pull this bullshit, seeing as he is a massive Superman fan.

But it´s the part where this sounds like something a 10 year old would say that makes me doubt it.

Also on The Darkness what is mostly making me pick this up is because I like the game and I´ve never heard anything bad about the comics (or anything good)

well Thor is a God. so, uh, very.

There's a brilliant scene in Civil War where Thor turns up and all the rebels basically shit their pants because even together they'd stand no chance whatsoever against him.

(Another thing: I've always thought of Captain America as a bit like Batman in his fighting style and tactical thinking. I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D would get him some kyrptonite boxing gloves)

Invincible Issue 62ish Teaser.

Invincible_Teaser_3.jpg

He looks HELLA fucked up. Thats SICK.

HOLY CRAP EDIT MUTHA FUDGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is in fact the cover to issue 63, but zoomed in.

I'm gonna slap a real spoiler warning on this one. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Look at his arm.

Invincible_63_cover_by_WyA.jpg

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhhhh.

I read Invincible #59 the other day, one bit in it is just amazingly brutal

Fuckin ellllllllllllllllllllll you weren't kidding. Messed up shit.

New villains are always good, but this was awesome. His origin was excellent as hell and this issue as a whole had a nice old school feel. And it all being from his POV was unique and brilliant.

9/10 standard.

Next.....issue......60 zomfggzzzz

Also not happy at all with Dark Avengers' cover price of $3.99 ffs. Better cut that shit out. Marvel are fucking money grabbers. Ads on every other page and we get overcharged, Image no adverts yet they can still charge $2.99.

Hacks me off.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!