• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

so yeah!

Invincible vol 2 has been consumed.

I think it has less 'wow' factor than vol 1- there's nothing comprable to #7- but it's still fantastic stuff. The writing is spectacular, the characters are nuanced and deep, the humour is as good as ever.

Still my fsvourite book in a LONG time. This volume is just a continuation of what was already established but it's by on means the lesser collection for it. Quality.

Just read Superman: Secret Identity

cool premise: How a guy in our world (not DC land) is called Clark Kent by his parents. He lives in Kansas and for the family joke he gets relentlessly bullied and cast out.

Then he gets super powers.

It's pretty cool. Kind of a 'what if?' realist take on Superman- what it might actually be like to have those powers and how the world might react. At times it felt a bit too much like a standard Superman story but the character insight and the quality of the writing is superb.

I finished reading reading Final Crisis 7 and boy does it suffer from a massive amount of "meh" as the entire issue is told in flashbacks that happen at different times which makes the story be all over the place.

It had potential too be epic but it failed due to the fact that it is written for those people who know every bit there is about the DC world.

Did anyone make sense of the ending? Was that Batman´s consciousness back in time with Anthro

What annoys me about this is the characters that died during this because everything about the felt like "yeah so what?" it all lacked emotion.

It´s still enjoyable too read but I wouldn't recommend it

Yeah....I havn't read it yet, so only read the bit not in spoilers, but I agree. I don't know much about the DC Universe, and like....the rest of the issues were just like "Who? Okay. Cool? I guess" and the spoilers in other comics? What the fuck was that about. The "Where were you when.." adverts.

But yeah. The thing with Marvel and DC...I find DCs obscure characters really lame, because when they're bought back its in things like this and theres no focus on them. In Marvel when they bring back obscure characters they actually heavily write them, Ie The Initiative etc.

But yeah. The build up to FC "The day evil won" was better than the actual thing (issue 7 not included).

The next big events need to be a lot better than the previous two on both sides. Speaking of events.

Anyone getting Image United?

Also Kirkman and MacFarlanes "Haunt" is out this year. Theres info on it somewhere....ah I'll get it now.

HAUNT

What we know

-They story is based around 2 brothers

-Brother 1: was a CIA agent, he stole his brothers girlfriend then married her, he dies and decieds to haunt his brother

-Brother 2: after losing his girlfriend to his borther he becomes a catholic preist, he is described as being "wimpy", after his brothers death he begins to console his brothers widow / and his ex-girlfriend

-Combined: When dead Brother 1 haunts Brother 2 he realizes he can manifest his ectoplasmic powers through his brother into the physical world forming a "ectoplasmic shell" and forming the superhero HAUNT however when they are in a combined state the dead Brother 1 drains energy out his living Brother so they can can not stay combined for in the superhero form too long

-1st Story Arc: Haunt must solve the murder of Brother 1

I saw it in the shops but I'm too skint to start a new book now.

is a straight up Zombie gig? I would read it if I could

also: Rez can you per chance make me a Invincible sig of Robot? or Allen. I heart those guys. Avatar would be baddass too.

Ahh allen, he's so awesome :D

Robot,well, yeh

I saw it in the shops but I'm too skint to start a new book now.

is a straight up Zombie gig? I would read it if I could

also: Rez can you per chance make me a Invincible sig of Robot? or Allen. I heart those guys. Avatar would be baddass too.

I would love to! I'll do it tonight. I'll do Allen. Hes more badass.

Yeah TWD is essentially Zombies, but its more about the characters and situatuation/how they cope and such than the actual zombs. Though they play a part too obviously, lol.

Just ordered the astounding wolfman collection...then saw the 6-8 weeks. No big deal though as I have plenty of novels to read, and then recently ordered Watchmen which should arrive sometime next week. But anyone know the cheapest place I can get the ultimate collection of Invincible: vol 1 as I really want to see what is so great about this series.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!