• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Looks shite compared to the comics. I wish there was some way to get Frank Quitely's art to animate, but it wouldn't work within the DCUA template they always use (and only manipulate slightly). His art would need like proper Sylvain Chomet treatment, proper animation studios working hard to break away from a cheap and easy way of doing it.

11_astonishing_x_men__xenogenesis_3_02.jpg

Was brilliant. This is my most anticipated title. Annoyed by length of time between each issue, but it's so worth it for Kaare Andrew's art, and for being one of the only good/interesting X-Men comics out now. Uncanny can DIAF.

His Storm is possibly my favourite version of her I've ever seen. Just the visual changes of her and Emma have added a whole new dynamic to the team, and especially Storm and Cyclops. It's odd, but compelling having two great leaders on the team, usually the writer has one take the background role. But Storm here is drawn and written as completely in control, and while Cyclops leads the team, her prescence is so large (I think she's taller than most of the others too). In comparison, Emma's role in the team is put under scrutiny/put in a new light by Andrews representing her as impish and ridiculous. It completely changes how she's been seen in the comics for years now, the randomly appointed deputy leader of the X-Men, whose personality has been a shadow of it's former self for ages.

But yeah, new definitive Storm outfit/visual. The face with the original arched eyebrows, the mohawk, the fact she's barefoot. It's like an "Oh YEAH!" moment, when something finally makes sense.

Only negative is Armor being there but doing nothing. Seems a bit pointless. Though apparently this was meant to be an arc after Ghost Boxes in main Astonishing, so I suppose just removing her would have made less sense.

Edited by Paj!

Dun-dun-duuuuuuun! (?)

Did everyone see the timeline Tony mapped out in Avengers 5? It's been the topic of heavy debate since it's been "confirmed" it all ties to stuff that will come to pass (so they say...)

1285361782.jpg

Well the little scribble saying "yesterday's x-men" has been debated too (some thinking it refers just to the dead rising in Chaos War - personally I doubt it), and now this teaser image for an unconfirmed project/announcement/something for May next year has been released...

1285356921.jpg

I hope Jean does return. While I love the fact they've actually let her be dead for years, I feel like she could return the main X-Men books to being something interesting. And I want to see what happens when she returns with Cyclops. Since she's technically in the White Hot Room/not truly dead, and has had interactions with some X-Men since dying, she presumably knows what's gone on. (At least I think that it was really her helping Emma against Lady Mastermind in the Sisterhood story)

Robert Harras has been named Editor-in-Chief for DC Comics.

To put this in focus, the guy who ran Marvel into the ground in the 90s and is currently responsible for the worst Trade paperback system in the business (DC's) now gets to make the decisions on the direction of DC.

Fantastic bit of business!

Not really. You could say we mainly read superhero stuff but "pretty much stick exclusively" wouldnt be right.

One of the more popular books we read is Walking Dead, thats not superheros. I myself am more into Superhero comics but we do still talk about books like Fables or Y The Last Man etc.

Either way it doesnt matter, only reason I know what OW said is because ReZ quoted him

Either way it doesnt matter, only reason I know what OW said is because ReZ quoted him

:love::love::love:

Seriously, though... what I meant is that it's about 95% of what you guys read. And I find it funny you should mention Walking Dead and Y The Last Man or Fables, considering these are all subproducts of the same machine that churns out the other 95%.

Edit:

Speaking of Walking Dead though, the TV show is looking mighty fine!

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!