• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Seriously though, who's this Bob Milla?

If you're actually being serious though, Mark Millar is one of the best comic book writers around. He wrote Ultimates, Ultimates 2, Kick-Ass, Nemesis, Red Son, loads of amazing shit. He is a huge idol of mine and I love him.

Mark Millar writing and directing Justice League of America movie

justice-league-movie-cgi.jpg&t=1

Mark Millar has recently been quoted as feeling on "cloud 9" well this may be one of the reasons why. I’ve never quite seen as much fanboy discussion ever generated for one single tentpole release than this one. It was madness and it just seemed to continually get closer and closer to a boiling point when it became obvious that Christian Bale/Brandon Routh wouldn’t be involved and then when the names of casting auditions leaked… the Internet went fucking crazy.

Gregory Noveck, DC Entertainment’s Senior VP of Creative Affairs at DC is leaving the company, a spokesperson for DC confirmed for Newsarama. News of Noveck’s departure was circulated among DC employees Friday.

Originally a hire of former DC Publisher & President Paul Levitz 2003 after a stint as Senior VP of Television at Joe Silver's Silver Pictures, Noveck is reportedly leaving the company on good terms to pursue producing projects in Hollywood, described to Newsarama has his "first passion.†He recently served as executive producer of Summit Entertainment’s upcoming adaptation of Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner’s WildStorm series Red.

Starring Christian Bale as Batman, Brandon Routh as Superman, Michael Cera as Booster Gold and Wentworth Miller as Amazo. The film is to be released in February 2013, with Mark Millar's directional debut mini Justice League screen test to be released later this month, starring Christian Bale and Brandon Routh meeting for the first time.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be sick if no one tells me the truth, and if they don't. I'm holding it in.

The vomiting would be in excitement/shock/"Yes" though.

P.S

1281120985.jpg

Dunno if it's new, but I love.

"Oi, cunts! Admit you love the monochromatic theming before we kill you!"

Psylocke's costume annoys me though. They updated it nicely for X-Treme X-Men, but now they've gone back to the 90's version. She just looks silly.

Edited by Paj!

lr_cb_web_300x227.jpg

COMIC LEGEND: Geoff Johns had been pursuing Lex Luthor as being the donor of half of Superboy's DNA for years (starting before he ever worked in comics!) until he finally got it into the comics.

Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett created the 1990s Superboy, who was a partial clone of Superman, for the "Reign of the Supermen" storyline that led to the return of Superman.

johnsletter.jpg

Ah, pretty obvious, but awesome all the same. Despite having not even read all of Nemesis I doubt the film will be better than Kick-Ass, of course it will still be amazing.

TONY SCOTT SIGNS UP TO DIRECT 'NEMESIS' FOR FOX

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKHLFHaibiaR4Je4UA183Fz90bxWmwRBl3gy0xD-ZEVD4L-gY&t=1&usg=__Hpmgjdd0Ir7oOrxrgaU_SgBwteQ=

Oh, man. It's so good to finally be able to talk about this:

http://www.deadline....illars-nemesis/

The man who shot Maverick in Top Gun, Bruce in the Last Boy Scout, yelled action for Will Smith in Enemy of the State, directed Denzel in Man on Fire (one of the finest revenge movies ever made), had Tarantino rework Hackman's dialogue in Crimson Tide and gave me Deneuve's naughtiest performance in The Hunger is directing our movie. Oh, AND he did True Romance, for my money the best of all the Tarantino flicks. Tony Scott: I can't even pretend to be cool about this.

Bryan Hitch and I would reference Tony on a weekly basis when we were doing The Ultimates. Our dream was an Ultimates movie with Scott directing because he can do the character work and the intensity, but also handle scale and action like practically no other. The idea of a him helming a superhero movie had us giddy and here he is directing the one Steve McNiven and I created. We found out last Friday night and managed to keep a secret from all but a few of our closest friends and family. But this is the call I had a couple of weeks back, which I described as the most exciting of my career; Tony on the blower chatting about how he wanted to shoot certain scenes if we gave him the rights. He was buzzing about it, describing Steve as the best comic book artist he's seen in over twenty years. We talked casting, we talked budget (and we're talking way more than Wanted and Kick-Ass put together here in terms of money for him to play with) and we talked with Fox about making this into a major franchise, something they're really going to invest their time and energy into.

As you can imagine, I'm more than excited. Steve is delirious and this puts our books instantly in an entirely different league in Hollywood terms. Tony said this was a very timely project and Fox want to get this moving as soon as possible. Next up is a script and the writer we talked about did one of my top five movies of all time. The actor he's shooting for as the lead character is going to blow your socks off.

I'm happy and Steve's happy. This has been the most exciting week you can imagine and we're enormously appreciative of all the people who have been waiting around for the twenty-four hours we've been waiting for the news to go live. It's incredibly affirming to have people so into the work that they care enough and apologies for the delay in getting this out there, but we hope you agree this is awesome news.

Very best wishes,

MM

Seems good, but not exactly earth-shattering.

I thought I would have a look at what I have ordered and am still waiting for in the post, and it's kinda bad, I think im gonna have to hold off buying any others for at least a week or 2. Here is the list.

X-Men: Messiah Complex

X-Force/Cable: Messiah War

X-Men: Manifest Destiny

Sinestro Corps War Book 1 & 2

World War Hulk

Spider-Man: Death and Dating, Election Day, American Son and 24/7 (catching up slowly from Brand New Day onwards)

They are all hardcovers ^

And then paperbacks I have Sword Vol.1 & 2 and Haunt Vol.1

Oh yeah and Essential X-Men Vol.1

Yeah that's bullshit, because Superhero movies have been around for decades!

Not in their current form.

It was like...1 famous one every years or something. The Batman films had a little rise and fall in the 90's, but other than Superman, what else was really successful before the millenium resurge of superhero films, starting with X-Men?

Billy%20Zane%20Phantom.jpg

Daft, you'd love it. Brilliant run and it's a complete story, too. No catching up, no continuity just a really good read.

What's it about? I'm snap judging it by the title. Sounds crap. :heh:

Edited by Daft
Bluuurg

What's it about? I'm snap judging it by the title. Sounds crap. :heh:

A Sword of unimaginable power, gives the holder increased speed, durability and regeneration. A disabled chick finds it.

Emotion ensues, with one of the best endings ever.

I just finished The Sword.

That.

Was.

Awesome.

Daft, you'd love it. Brilliant run and it's a complete story, too. No catching up, no continuity just a really good read.

Totally bet

that you cried. Fag. :p

Yeah I almost shed a tear. The most selfless act evaaar.

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!