Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Second Coming #2 was pretty good. It was a series of vinaigrettes by different creative teams; Most of it was character stuff but there's a couple of new status quo arrangements that have come up. MAJOR Spoilers below.

Cyclops officially disbands the team he started in X-Force #1- Then Wolverine fucks off to Alcatraz, where his new X-Force is waiting. Their only rule is 'Nobody can know" so even Scott is out the loop and it looks like the team is totally unsanctioned.

Also, Land and his dogshit art nearly ruin it :p

In the last chapter, Hope is by a bonfire on Utopia while Scott and Emma talk about her. Scott leaves and when Emma turns to the fire again it's a Phoenix Raptor

she runs to catch up with Scott, and he's at Cerebro where five new x-genes just activated around the world. All of them register as 'identity unknown'

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I've been reading up on X-Treme X-Men and I'm sure it's no surprise to any of us that the series was an editorial car crash. It's actually really interesting hearing what Claremont had in mind because it hints that it would have actually been a really good story. Feh. I hate it when you can see the claws of some company mandate ripping up a story before it's time.

That said, Claremont can still fucking bite one with his narrative style. It's rank on the palette when you're also reading Morrison.

---

I just read Captain Britain and MI:13

Oh my.

so to clear stuff up then... do we post super hero related movie news in this thread rather than the movie thread?

Usually we post Superhero movie news in the movie news thread. Occassionally it gets posted in here as well though. Like the Edward Norton stuff I think we discussed a day or two in this thread before it was put in the movie news one.

TWD next week?

WTFfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

No way! Surely they will hold it back? Invincible isn't due next week anyway (I don't think) pretty sure its the week after.

Wolf-Man however. Its been like 8 weeks or something. Its a real shame the schedules gone to shit for the finale.

Colour back up by Ryan Ottley too! :D

I'm thinking they might delay it though. Unless they really are that far ahead. I'd love if it did though. Havn't even read last weeks yet. I might pick up (this and last weeks) on Saturday. But next week is an AMAZING week so I might go then instead.....

Dynamo 5, Avengers, TBolts, Spidey, Iron Man.

I think the costume looks a little off but im gonna reserve judgement until we see a trailer or at least a full body shot. So far though I do think that the black parts need to be darker, you can barely see the difference in colour.

Just been reading a bit more on the Walking Dead series again. Whats exciting me the most is that at the moment its one of the most anticipated new series for this year and thats not just from comic fans which is very promising.

Yeah it's looking increasingly like the show is going to hit the ground running. They've gone from commissioning a pilot to a 6 episode first season before they started filming. A sound tactic, given that Breaking Bad started out the same way and that's gone on to pick up multiple awards and massive acclaim. I'm psyched that AMC are doing it too because they're producing better drama than anyone in the business these days.

Despite being absolutely in love with X-men (as my avatar suggests) I've always felt bad for never getting into the comics.

I played most of the X-men games on PS2 and I continuously watched the X-men T.V shows. My favorite being the one that was on Jetix. Still, I don't think that it's the same as the comics. How good are the comics?

It depends which X-Men cartoon you are talking about, there have been a few of them. The 90s one which aired on Fox Kids (before it became Jetix) was closest to the comics.

The comics at the moment are quite different to the cartoons or movies. The X-Men live off the coast of San Fransisco and a large percentage of mutants have lost their powers. It was down to 198 left at one point.

Damian is getting into other DC comics now

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #77

smbm_cv77_02.jpg

Something evil is haunting Supergirl! But whatever's causing the disturbance is nothing compared to what she's about to run into in Gotham City when she seeks help from the new Robin, Damian. Can these two get along long enough to stop the nightmares plaguing Metropolis? Find out in this special Halloween issue!

TEEN TITANS #88

89.jpg

DC COMICS PRESENTS Series

DC Comics Presents: Brightest Day, which spotlights Deadman and Hawkman, and reprints selected stories from Hawkman #27, 34 and 36, Solo #8, DCU Holiday ‘09 and Strange Adventures #205.

DC Comics Presents: Ethan Van Sciver, which spotlights the art of Ethan Van Sciver and reprints Batman and Catwoman: Trail of the Gun #1-2.

DC Comics Presents: Young Justice, which spotlights Young Justice and reprints JLA: World Without Grown-Ups #1-2.

DC Comics Presents: Superman, which spotlights Superman and reprints Superman #179-185 and Superman: Man of Steel #121.

DC Comics Presents: Jack Cross, which spotlights Jack Cross and reprints issues #1-4 of his self-titled series.

DC Comics Presents: Batman, which spotlights Batman and reprints Batman #582-585.

DC Comics Presents: Green Lantern, which spotlights Green Lantern and Jade, and reprints Green Lantern (vol. 4) #137-140.

Despite being absolutely in love with X-men (as my avatar suggests) I've always felt bad for never getting into the comics.

I played most of the X-men games on PS2 and I continuously watched the X-men T.V shows. My favorite being the one that was on Jetix. Still, I don't think that it's the same as the comics. How good are the comics?

YOU'RE NOT A FAN!!!! :p

SRSLY though. The comics are the characters. Get into theeeeeeem.

The best X-Men you can get is Grant Morrison (<3)'s run, called New X-Men. That's available in 3 Ultimate Collections. Immediately following that is Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, which is available in 4 trade paperbacks or one Omnibus.

X-Men since the 80's has been seperated into different teams in different comic books mostly to keep focus on a lot of characters at once, without leaving any in the background. If you're a big Storm fan, you'd be dissapointed by the fact she isn't in either series I just mentioned, but the series she is in is shite, so it's all good.

Also, I don't know how much you know about Jean Grey in the comics...but yeah. Just read Grant Morrison's run. Ask Dan/ReZ to hook you up to the place we shall not mention if you can't afford it.

---

Talking of X-Men;

astonishing_xmen16.img_assist_custom.jpg

I just finished Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday.

I'm genuinely astonished.

So epic. The characters come off the page, they're so well characterised. There were so many "Of course." moments, as though Joss was showing you divine things you'd never believed in before, to be true.

Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost were sensational. As was Cyclops. I was actually moved by the end of Unstoppable.

"...Dissappointed, Ms. Frost..?"

"Astonished Ms. Pryde."

Makes me want to lie on the floor.

And the very end, where it replays that speech.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!