• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah apparently he was going to be in X3 but they wanted Josh Holloway and he didnt want the role because it was too close to Sawyer

Oh right, that would have been pretty good casting actually.

Can't remember if I mentioned here but Wolf-Man is out. Cannot recommend it enough, especially if you like Invincible. Same kinda writing, and set in the same universe so a few easter eggs like

Art Rosenbaum makes his costume

Etc. But yeah, bloody amazing.

With some creative googling I've managed to encounter the first episode of Wolverine and the X-Men, only a few minutes in but I think I might just end up liking it, I can see it looks rather alot like X-Men Evolution stylewise, is it being done by the same team? I guess I'm moving this more away from comic BOOK disussion and into other territory, but I shall continue to watch it anyhow. I don't think I'm allowed to provide a link to such content either, but I don't know what I'd do if a PM asking me for one turned up in my inbox.

On the actual topic of comic bookery, what'd be people's advice for my best fix of spiderman and xmen comic goodness each month? I currently get Ultimate, then Essential Xmen and Astonishing Spiderman, only Astonishing has become 2 weekly, just ran The Other(and I already had the graphic novel of it) and pads out half the comic with old stories(like old school from the Stan Lee days) and crap I can't really be bothered with reading sometimes. Is there anything better, does anyone know? For such a fan, I'm a bit noob when it comes to comics.

On the actual topic of comic bookery, what'd be people's advice for my best fix of spiderman and xmen comic goodness each month? I currently get Ultimate, then Essential Xmen and Astonishing Spiderman, only Astonishing has become 2 weekly, just ran The Other(and I already had the graphic novel of it) and pads out half the comic with old stories(like old school from the Stan Lee days) and crap I can't really be bothered with reading sometimes. Is there anything better, does anyone know? For such a fan, I'm a bit noob when it comes to comics.

Stick with Ultimate (considering its getting cancelled...lol - ie you might aswell get the entire run)

Do you have access to US comics? If not, your options are small.

Yeah its harder when you arent getting the US comics as they are quite far behind. Plus with Spider-Man you are in the middle of and have bad storylines coming up. Ultimate Spider-Man is your best bet for now.

Rez is all Ultimate getting cancelled? Id only heard something was going to happen at the end of Ultimate Origins to shake that universe up and everything else was speculation. Unless I missed an announcement.

Yeah its harder when you arent getting the US comics as they are quite far behind. Plus with Spider-Man you are in the middle of and have bad storylines coming up. Ultimate Spider-Man is your best bet for now.

Rez is all Ultimate getting cancelled? Id only heard something was going to happen at the end of Ultimate Origins to shake that universe up and everything else was speculation. Unless I missed an announcement.

Yeah its weird, it was just casually mentioned by the guy who edits the Ult Universe on an interview in IGN and I was like...WHA!? News to me.

But Ultimate X-Men is getting cancelled at issue 100 (3 issues left) and Ultimate Fantastic Four is getting cancelled at issue 60 (No idea how many left....I buy it but don't read it now cos' its shiiiiiite...really) (All else is continuing)

Then after Ultimatum, "Ultimate Avengers" is starting up by Mark Millar :bowdown: artist unannounced. Which makes three books (Ultimates 4 seperate from Ult Avengers) and potentially room for one more regular book (as they stated they'd never do more than four) but that is unannounced as yet also.

To be honest, the UK reprints are very good value for money. I can't bring myself to collect the current issues anymore, as each individual issue is the same price as one collector's edition or whatever.

I randomly stopped collecting Essential X-Men, only cause my newsagent closed down, and I subscriberd to Spider-Man, so never stopped getting that. I want to collect Batman more really, now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selling the first 2 invincible trades on ebay and they're currently not getting much response. 5 hr to go and the price is stupid good (both at £1.60 each) so send me a PM if you're interested in starting an awesome series and i will send you the link. They're both in as-new condition.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!