Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I can't help but feel like the quite substantial period of time he was a 'hero' on the X-Men has been sortof brushed over - his characterisation in Thinderbolts - while obviously not EVIL - doesn't feel like the same character. I can't remember how his X-Men tenure ended...was he sucked into Xorn's head? What happened after that?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

When is Batman Inc. #8 out?

So I read Flashpoint: Legion of Doom. Honestly the biggest waste of time and space ever. It's shit and pointless. Has pretty much nothing to do with Flashpoint. Seriously, what the fuck? I want to punch DC for even conceiving it.

Also read #1 and #2 Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance. Was pretty meh. Had a great opening (although, whoever drew Lois Lane is a real pervert) and Wonder Woman is also pretty amazing in it. I like how she's actually pretty hesitant about going to war. Also, she looks rad as fuck in her armour. Why can't her normal get up be similar. They should just make her a little more Spartan. Flashpoint has given me so much more respect for her. I doubt it will last into the reboot, in all the previews she looks a little too small and unimportant. In Flashpoint she looks so imposing. She looks tanked, not overly masculing but in a fierce way. I'm looking through Flashpoint #4 and can't get over how fucking cool she is. She's not scantily clad. She doesn't have an offensively obvious breat plate. She's aesthetically relatively gender neutral (at least she's avoiding all the token female traits that makes me dislike a lot of female comic characters) but she has this awesome intensity. In short, she looks like she could kicks most people's asses, probably Supes' too.

Couple days ago read Flashpint: World of Flashpoint. Was actually pretty enjoyable but not in any memorable way. Although the opening few pages was pretty freaking cool. (Also, Jason Todd as a priest in Gotham? LOL)

Finally, Flashpoint: The Outsider. Was a bit all over the place. Black Adam was underutilised. Martian Manhunter was pretty cool. I'm kind of intruiged as to how it is resolved in Flashpoint #5.

Actually not sure how all these threads are going to be tied up in Flashpoint #5. There a loads.

Couple days ago read Flashpint: World of Flashpoint

Flash+glass3.jpg

-------------------

So basically Venom #5 was pretty amazingly written. It is about Flash rather than Venom and it was just....really, really well done.

So was the latest Uncanny X-Force. That comic is awesome + words.

Anyone taken a look at the new Punisher comic? It's fucking brilliant. Not only is the art sphincter clenchingly good, but they've taken the series in a really interesting direction: Frank Castle never says a word. In fact, he's not in it much at all - The Punisher is presented as a kind of force of nature who just turns up and blows people away. The plot, meanwhile, is handled by an extended cast of cops, the press and gangsters.

Totally worth a read. It's great.

I kind of hate Daft. I was flicking through his pad/book the other day (and I'm trying not to drop in that we shared intimate time recently, but its hard not to reference) and I was thinking "He is amazing at drawing too. Athletic, great video editor, great digital artist and now flat out artist". Kind of disgusting.

Don't worry, I'm dead inside.

No, seriously. Catch me in any serious emotional situation and I'm suddenly a robot. Also, they honestly weren't that good. I want them to look professional but they probably never will and the best I can do at the moment is pretty much just copy kind of well.

Edited by Daft

Read the end of the Action Comics Doomsday arc, not a great story at all and a pretty big letdown when you compare it with the Lex Luthor black ring story.

Teen Titans 100th and last issue in the current DCU was alright. Basically just another big fight with old Titans joining in but it was nice to see Superboy Prime dealt with before everything changes. Who knows though, maybe he could come back at some point and be one of the only people to remember the previous universe again.

I just finished reading the walking dead compendium (issues 1-48). My goodness that is some bleak stuff. I was rushing the last few pages as I wanted to see a certain dude get his comeuppance. And he did, but the end hurt to read. Sad, sad times.

DC Offers Teaser "One-Liners" for All NEW 52 Titles

“If you’re not moving, you’re not living.”

“If we stop looking to the present and the past, and instead we look to the future...if we ask ourselves what can be–what it will be tomorrow... then we’re asking the right question. Because to hope, to dream, to predict is to shape the city yourself, rather than to be shaped by it.”

“Maybe this is all connected to that guy in Metropolis.”

“You think you and your ‘army’ stand a chance against Superman and a half dozen Green Lanterns and Wonder Woman?”

“They ended the revolution and freed our country. Then they disappeared.”

“Do we look like ‘super-heroes’? We’re the professionals.”

“He’s the worst kind of killer. One with no true pattern.”

“Hee...That’s so cute. You think you’re scary. But mister, I’ve seen scary. And you ain’t got his smile.”

“What I do, I do for the good of the universe. Something you lost sight of thousands of years ago.”

“I’m losing control.”

“We don’t... We don’t call it that. It could be the key to all human knowledge. Black holes. Time travel. Physics, on another level.”

“What I want is your complete attention and for you to understand that your life is now mine.”

“You are not the first doctor I’ve known that tried to play god.”

“Flashpoint effect has definitely closed off time travel.”

“I’ve always enjoyed your sense of humor, Booster.”

“He makes a sound like a supersonic bomber. And then it looks like his shadow itself turns against him.”

“How’s it feel to be nobody’s favorite super-hero?”

“I remember a time when you would have begged me to stop playing superhero!”

“Maybe I was never a good guy, and maybe I was never the really big fish. But if there’s one thing I do know from living other’s people’s lives, it’s that I’ve changed.”

“How long have I been here? How long have I been frozen like this?”

“I always thought you could change the world, Michael.”

“Some people don’t like having their secrets exposed.”

“The only reason I’m here is ’cause if anything happens to you–that would make me the worst former sidekick ever.”

“You think I need a ‘team?’”

“You could do so much good! WE could do so much good!”

“Good to see you, Barbara.”

“Nature sounds its own warning bell.”

“Welcome to Cellblock D of the Central Asian Supermax Meta-Human Facility.”

“I thought I’d left that world behind me. That maybe I could do more good working from the shadows. Apparently, I was wrong. I’m going to need help.”

“You’re Welcome, my friend. And New York City, you’re welcome too!”

“If that scarab pops back up, I want any Green Lanterns within five parsecs to know it.”

“You’ve been partners with this guy for a couple of years, and you still haven’t told him where you really came from?”

“A bunch of Lanterns have just died in sector 3599.”

“We are too late.”

“Because the entire time THEY have been studying ME? I have been studying THEM.”

“This time it spells trouble.”

“I swear to God I don’t know nothin’ about the Gotham Butcher.”

“You’re just in time for your destiny.”

“Miles? Why, my beautiful girls.... You can see forever.”

“People are goin’ nuts. Wait ‘til they watch us kill him.”

“Oh, God. Oh, God. I just murdered someone!”

“You are the parent of your own fear.”

“Kyle Rayner of Earth, you have been chosen.”

“You’re not my partner, you’re my son.”

“Find out who is under that mask.”

“For this great mission I will need help. I will need followers who are prepared to follow me into the jaws of death, and worse...”

“You’ll have my undivided attention... And I’m pretty sure I’ll have yours.”

“Just when I’ve set up my new life, my old one comes back. Well played, Gotham.”

“I didn’t even know how much I missed it.”

“The dream isn’t over.”

“The future is being re-made.”

“Life isn’t without risk. You hear that bon mot a lot. But mostly around business. Or dating. Or eating fried food from street vendors. But we take risks all the time, every day, in a thousand ways. Driving a car. Talking to a stranger. Jay walking. Those are the little ones we don’t even think about. It’s the big ones that make it interesting. At least for me, it is.”

I just finished reading the walking dead compendium (issues 1-48). My goodness that is some bleak stuff. I was rushing the last few pages as I wanted to see a certain dude get his comeuppance. And he did, but the end hurt to read. Sad, sad times.

Yeah its not a party. :p

------------

I totes think the last page reveal of Justice League is going to show the big villain(s) and that they will be old good guys. Erm. Yeah.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!