NEurope
Wesley

Skies of Arcadia 2, Space Channel 5 Showtime and more for Wii

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/sega-game-lineup-for-tgs-286027.php

If this turns out to be true the first game in the thread title would make me buy a Wii... Mario Galaxy and Skies would be worth the 180 alone... Unless Skies has really stupid Wii controls... but seeing as it's an RPG hopefully it wouldn't...

EDIT: Oh yeah and try to block it out of your mind how fake it may seem... because, it's nice to dream.

I dunno a lot of them seem quite reasonable... especially because the Shenmue 1+2 and then the third all on XBox 360 has been strongly rumored for so long.

Fake for sure. Skies 2? Shemnue 3? Samba Di Amigo for the PSP? No, no, nothing about this adds up at all!

I can hear the internets crying for SOA2. But Sega doesn't like money and more recently they don't even like making good games, so I doubt it.

one of my friends told me that sega stated they wouldent makes skies 2 for the wii as they didn't like the controle system. he also told me that there was to be a FFVII remake on the ps3.

i don't belive him but then again i can't see skies of arcadia 2 happening, lifes just not that sweet.

Is Sega even big enough to make that many games?

Not anymore because everyone has merge into other teams and some reason Sega lets other companies do games than themself as well.

This topic made me a saaaaaaaaaaaaddd Panda. I hope your happy Wes.

This topic made me a saaaaaaaaaaaaddd Panda. I hope your happy Wes.

:(

Not anymore because everyone has merge into other teams and some reason Sega lets other companies do games than themself as well.

Not really true. For what they lost studio wise in the East, they easily replaced it with Western studio buy outs..............although obviously you won't be getting the same sort of games from around the Dreamcast years.

Let me just say, I've been told they have something really awesome currently under wraps and that it'll most likely be shown before the end of this year at some point. (I've been told it's awesome, but then again we all have different opinions to awesomeness) :indeed:

Just clicked on the link to kotaku and if any of these rumoured games are true I think I'm going to die - I've been waiting for Shenmue III since Jan 4th '02 (when I finished Shenmue II). New updates of any DC games on 360 & Wii would be a dream come true for me!!!!!!!!!!:)

Whether this is true or not, It's not worth getting excited about. Seriously, have SEGA made a good (I mean, really good) game since the dream cast? Hell they're bringing NiGHTS back, but seem keen to make it look as much like a rushed cash-in as possible.

Also, isn't "Sonic the RPG" on the DS, and not the PS3 / 360?

Space Channel 5 keeps hitting the rumour mill, so I will carry on living in hope.

Any hoaxer worth their salt would have put Rez on that list....damned amateur.

I can hear the internets crying for SOA2. But Sega doesn't like money and more recently they don't even like making good games, so I doubt it.

lol, SEGA don't need to make more games, they need to tighten up the games they are making then move on to new things.

Yeah seems a bit too fanwank to be true.

Ashley speaketh the truth and phrased it nicely, too.

The website who did it already backed down:

Official Retraction of SEGA TGS Rumor

There has been a lot of controversy regarding a recently posted rumor regarding SEGA’s possible Tokyo Game Show line-up. Now, I was originally very defensive of this piece because of who sent it in. He, a long-time go-to guy named Rob, has sent me exclusive tips for four years, and until this most recent one, they were ALL accurate.

Regardless, after the link had been posted by reader “Cedgeâ€, I immediately contacted Rob via GoogleIM.

If anything, this whole experience will force us to reevaluate our policy as far as rumors go. We may just stop reporting them entirely.

So, while Rob is (hopefully) sending his messages to Kotaku, Xboxic and all those other sites who linked to this, all I can say to you guys is that I am sorry for this whole damn mess. I assure you that this will NOT happen again. I have to say, I applaud you guys for being right on top of this. That’s why we have the comment section open — for both praise, and to call us on our shit when we’re wrong.

So again, I apologize for the story. We’ll continue to give y’all the most up to date NEWS regarding the Xbox 360 and Microsoft, with the wit and borderline-insanity you’ve come to expect, however the page has been taken down, and no further mention of it will be made after today.

James Walker

Source: http://www.xbox360rally.com/mill-o-rumour-shenmue-iii-for-xbox-360/

Pretty much as expected. ;)

One title is still missing to make this a true dreamlist: Daytona USA!! Ta tadam tadam tadam ta dam dam tadaaaam!! Blue blue skies etc.! Daytone USA 2001 on Dreamcast was great and online enabled, so imagine what would be possible these days.