N-Europe

Minneapolis Bridge Collapses

conzer16

A freeway bridge at the height of rush hour has collapsed!

FOX NEWS REPORT

A freeway bridge over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis collapsed Wednesday, sending many cars into the water, injuring 20 to 30 people, authorities tell FOX News.

Tons of concrete have collapsed and people are injured. Survivors are being carried up the riverbank.

This bridge connects downtown Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota.

The entire span of the 35W bridge collapsed about 6:05 p.m. where the freeway crosses the river near University Avenue.

Some people are stranded on parts of the bridge that aren't completely in the water.

A tractor-trailer is on fire at the collapse scene.

CNN REPORT

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- A freeway bridge spanning the Mississippi River collapsed during evening rush hour Wednesday, sending many cars into the water.

art.lacroix.irpt.jpg

Mark Lacroix photographed the bridge collapse from his apartment window.

Tons of concrete collapsed and there were injuries, authorities said. Survivors were being carried up the riverbank.

Some people were stranded on parts of the bridge that weren't completely submerged.

The entire span of the Interstate 35W bridge collapsed about 6:05 p.m. where the freeway crosses the river near University Avenue in Minneapolis

There is live coverage from FoxNews here

Live stream from CNN's helicopter (no audio) here

art.lacroix.irpt.jpg

1568929.jpg

This was posted the day after on the Tales Forum, and someone had the cheek to say it was old, posting a lovely net macro with it... bell end.

I read the post but I might have missed it, was there a cause mentioned?

Didn't it get a rating of 4/10 when inspected or something. I think I heard that on the radio sometime.