N-Europe

Wii60 love is increasing!

Maiky-NiSuTe

Wii is not over priced in the slightest. Who cares what it costs Nintendo to make? Value is all in what we can get for equivalent money elsewhere. That's how markets work and why different products have different profit margins.

What I would like to add is I honestly believe the 360's game library is over rated atm. Theres not that many games I would want to play on it at all. Theres not a huge amount on Wii either but theres loads in the Gamecube back catalogue im dying to play and I can't really say the same for the Xbox, though there are a few.

I honestly think the 360 needs its winter big hitters just as much as the Wii and the Playstation 3. My brother is an Xbox nut and he barely ever plays his nowadays as theres simply not enough decent games out there to last. Even Xbox Live as brilliant as it is and as much as I want Nintendo to copy it lacks enough good games. It's got Gears, it's got PGR and it's got GRAW but to be fair that's not enough after a year. Whilst they're going to get Halo soon even the Wii will have Strikers, Smash, Battalion Wars and MoH by the end of the year. That's quite a wide variety of games there, all very different in style. It's going to be interesting to see where we're at come Spring 2008. I think this winter is going to be a big one gaming wise.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strikers, Battalion Wars and...MoH??

Those should not be placed in the same league as Halo.

Strikers is a casual game, Wars is a niche game and .. lol MoH

Infact, the fact Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 wasn't mentioned voids your entire post.

Wii is not over priced in the slightest. Who cares what it costs Nintendo to make? Value is all in what we can get for equivalent money elsewhere. That's how markets work and why different products have different profit margins.

What I would like to add is I honestly believe the 360's game library is over rated atm. Theres not that many games I would want to play on it at all. Theres not a huge amount on Wii either but theres loads in the Gamecube back catalogue im dying to play and I can't really say the same for the Xbox, though there are a few.

I honestly think the 360 needs its winter big hitters just as much as the Wii and the Playstation 3. My brother is an Xbox nut and he barely ever plays his nowadays as theres simply not enough decent games out there to last. Even Xbox Live as brilliant as it is and as much as I want Nintendo to copy it lacks enough good games. It's got Gears, it's got PGR and it's got GRAW but to be fair that's not enough after a year. Whilst they're going to get Halo soon even the Wii will have Strikers, Smash, Battalion Wars and MoH by the end of the year. That's quite a wide variety of games there, all very different in style. It's going to be interesting to see where we're at come Spring 2008. I think this winter is going to be a big one gaming wise.

Winter WILL be big even without GTA IV and SSBB for us.

Missed out some great 360 exclusives like Dead Rising, Saints Row (thought i heard a PS3 version coming out at some point :S), Lost Planet, Forza 2, DOA 4 and a few others in addition to the handful of truely great games on XBL Arcade and the games coming out this month AKA Blue Dragon and the going-to-be-god-damn-fucking-amazing Bioshock.

Wii has had Resi 4, Zelda, SPM in spetember by contrast, with mario and MP3 soon after.

I can't can't stand people dissing wii because of a lack of games and praising the 360 which had an extra year.

The delay of gta is going to effect the ps3 the most due to it not having very many other games that appeal to the casual.

And that's it really.

I can't can't stand people dissing wii because of a lack of games and praising the 360 which had an extra year.

The delay of gta is going to effect the ps3 the most due to it not having very many other games that appeal to the casual.

And that's it really.

I don't think it'd be too much of a problem if they had stuck to when they said they'd release the games, throughout the year. In the 360's first spring it had Oblivion in addition to it's launch games and DOA 4, by september it had Dead Rising and Saint's Row and more along with a fairly good amount of quality XBLA games.

So if you look over the first say 10 months of the system launches i'd argue that 360 has had the stronger line up.

I don't think it'd be too much of a problem if they had stuck to when they said they'd release the games, throughout the year. In the 360's first spring it had Oblivion in addition to it's launch games and DOA 4, by september it had Dead Rising and Saint's Row and more along with a fairly good amount of quality XBLA games.

So if you look over the first say 10 months of the system launches i'd argue that 360 has had the stronger line up.

And I would have to agree

And that's it really.

You're spot on. The whole GTA IV affair will hit PS3 hard! The fact it's coming out on XBOX360 at exactly the same time, which is a cheaper console, with better online and a much bigger catalogue will mean no one will be buy a PS3 to play it. GTA was probably one of the big system pushers for the PS2 even though it eventually went to XBOX.

I don;t see any AAA titles in the league of Halo or Mario for the PS3 this Christmas, plus with the 360 and the Wii being cheaper, it could be a lean Christmas for SONY.

You're spot on. The whole GTA IV affair will hit PS3 hard! The fact it's coming out on XBOX360 at exactly the same time, which is a cheaper console, with better online and a much bigger catalogue will mean no one will be buy a PS3 to play it. GTA was probably one of the big system pushers for the PS2 even though it eventually went to XBOX.

I think for the 1st time in this thread I agree with you Zechs :)

GTA on the 360 has already been said to give a more complete experience what with the DLC and the fact that achievements will be on it is another plus for 360 owners.

I said this before in another thread and I will say it again here, Sony needs to get their achivement/trophy system out of the starting blocks and into the hands of the consumer. Gametrailers Bonus Round came up with a valid point before E3 saying that most people will buy a 3rd party game on the 360 rather than the PS3 due to having achievements as the achievement system is a huge hit and people enjoy trying to obtain them. If Sony can mimic this then they should be able to pull some people back in.

The main problem with the ps3 is sony's constant reliance on third party.

Is it safe to say that their biggest first-party game is killzone 2?

Indeed, a sequel to a game that had great art, nice graphics but was very underwhelming to actually play. I don't think Killzone 2 will be getting as many thumbs up as people are expecting it to when the review copies finally go out.

Still, it does like pretty...

And that's really all the previews seem to talk about, the same with Lair. I find the Wii previews all talk about how the game plays and whether the Wii-mote works well and if it's fun etc. But when it comes to PS3 reviews all it is graphics graphics graphics.

I beg to differ. I've had more fun playing Gears split screen with 4 "experienced" players than playing Wii sports with my family who have never touched a console.

By experienced I mean people who play games regularly.

It's not the same Split Screen though, nowhere near the same.

S'not as stealthy, and you can't see as much:heh:

There is not much point even talking to you Kurtle, the fact you think people who own 360's have no friends really shows how ignorant you are. 360 is perhaps the most multiplayer I have ever got out of a console

Yeah...that's exactly what I said:indeed: twatface

Someone with a 360 saying they have no friends WTF?:wtf: You have seen my sig right?

So have you had the most multiplayer fun with the 360 (with people that are only around ur house) than any other console? I find that hard to believe if you havent missed at least the last 2 generations.

I like to play with friends while i can see, drink,high five or kick them while playing a game or when we take a break. playing online just doesn't give me that same feeling. especially when we go out after gaming. its kinda hart to do with my friends out of Japan and the US. I love online play. also i might call them even friends. but internet brings us also many dangers of role playing gamers. trusting online friends is a bit risky although i would love to trust every one i simply cant. but i do trust my real friends. and i guess i love to play with my friends that i really can trust see hear and kick all the time.

i just want to say who are friends and who are an acquaintance.

Strikers, Battalion Wars and...MoH??

Those should not be placed in the same league as Halo.

Strikers is a casual game, Wars is a niche game and .. lol MoH

Infact, the fact Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 wasn't mentioned voids your entire post.

The fact that Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime weren't mentioned is absolutely obvious. They don't have online modes so had no place in that discussion. Your failure to read and understand voids your post.

Strikers and Battalion Wars were brought up as examples of online play with the Wii. Halo was brought up with examples of online play with the 360. That they cannot be compared is of absolutely no relevance whatsoever. The Halo series can be compared to MoH and I would argue all day that Halo has never even matched Allied Assault. Halo fanboys really are quite frusturating - switch on your pc and play some better games. You've got a hell of a selection of titles all better than either iteration of Halo.

The fact that Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime weren't mentioned is absolutely obvious. They don't have online modes so had no place in that discussion. Your failure to read and understand voids your post.

Strikers and Battalion Wars were brought up as examples of online play with the Wii. Halo was brought up with examples of online play with the 360. That they cannot be compared is of absolutely no relevance whatsoever. The Halo series can be compared to MoH and I would argue all day that Halo has never even matched Allied Assault. Halo fanboys really are quite frusturating - switch on your pc and play some better games. You've got a hell of a selection of titles all better than either iteration of Halo.

Halo is still one of the very few games to score 10/10 with magazines like EDGE. And I believe the majority of people would agree in saying that the majority of MoH games are shite, no matter what format they're on. CoD is always better-esp on PC. Halo is a fantastic console shooter, PC gamers just have to wait about 3/4 years to play it lol.

It's not the same Split Screen though, nowhere near the same.

S'not as stealthy, and you can't see as much:heh:

Yeah...that's exactly what I said:indeed: twatface

Someone with a 360 saying they have no friends WTF?:wtf: You have seen my sig right?

So have you had the most multiplayer fun with the 360 (with people that are only around ur house) than any other console? I find that hard to believe if you havent missed at least the last 2 generations.

Too true! The best multi-player console (with mates all sat around) was the N64 by a long way, ISS64, Mario Kart and of course Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. It was THE system for a gaming party.

the n64 was fantastic. The gamecube was brilliant too with super monkey ball,timeplitters,wario ware,smash bros,mario kart and f-zero.

great 4 player games.

The wii could be doing so much more though.

Wario ware on wii should have been at least 2 player not to mention 4

Brain acedemy is fun but still not 4 player which it should be as the ds version was.

excite truck has no excuse after all f-zero gx accomplised.

in rayman 90% of the games are taking turns

Super monkey ball wii has a great one player but one of the worst multiplayer experiences i have ever seen.

Don't get me started with call of duty wii not even having split screen.

Mario party is it's usual shit self this gen.

The only satisfying party experience on the wii so far is red steel and even that had dodgy controls and only 4 maps.

Today i was in my regular game shop and i asked some customers what game consoles they had. of the 34 people i asked:

7 had only a Wii

3 had only a PS3

8 had only a 360

15 had the combo of Wii60

1 had all 3 consoles

when i asked people what console they were about to buy almost every one that dint have a Wii said they were planing to buy a Wii when Smash comes out!! and the Wii owners were thinking of buying a 360 at the price drop or when the elite comes out. So good news for Microsoft and Nintendo.

People did talk about the PS3 and were thinking of getting one but all found the price and the lack of great games enough for not getting it.

if i look at this small investigation than i think the Wii is going to sell plenty of game consoles along with Brawl! The 360 will sell more as soon the price drops a bit more and VF5, Assassin Creed and PGR3 comes out. And the PS3 still gets loads of doubts although people are interested.

Today i was in my regular game shop and i asked some customers what game consoles they had. of the 34 people i asked:

7 had only a Wii

3 had only a PS3

8 had only a 360

1 had all 3 consoles

when i asked people what console they were about to buy almost every one that dint have a Wii said they were planing to buy a Wii when Smash comes out!! and the Wii owners were thinking of buying a 360 at the price drop or when the elite comes out. So good news for Microsoft and Nintendo.

People did talk about the PS3 and were thinking of getting one but all found the price and the lack of great games enough for not getting it.

if i look at this small investigation than i think the Wii is going to sell plenty of game consoles along with Brawl! The 360 will sell more as soon the price drops a bit more and VF5, Assassin Creed and PGR3 comes out. And the PS3 still gets loads of doubts although people are interested.

Did you ask the Wii60 owners which console they play more?

7 had only a Wii

3 had only a PS3

8 had only a 360

1 had all 3 consoles

Mate don't you have a job or somthing

Mate don't you have a job or somthing

What was the point in saying that? He was trying to do something helpful. As he says he was in his local game shop and thought he'd ask.

I know a fare few people with a Wii and a 360 (including myself), at the moment, only 1 has a PS3.

What was the point in saying that? He was trying to do something helpful. As he says he was in his local game shop and thought he'd ask.

I know a fare few people with a Wii and a 360 (including myself), at the moment, only 1 has a PS3.

I know but still, taking the hobby a tad to far i think