NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Wii sells more than 9 million worldwide!

We are in the first year of the console. Furthermore, third party developpers didn't believe in the success of the Wii and start developping games late. With sales like this, I'm confident saying that more and more great third party games will be announced.

Exactly the same thing that happend with the DS... and it will happen again.

I bet you more people buy kit-kats than Wiis.

Only if they are the slimline 2 finger versions, the old 4 finger versions were like a brick !!

What the hell are you guy's on?

I'm just truly wondering what person who has publically said he is sick of Nintendo does here? It is practically same thing as atheist who visits church every sunday.

I could only ever handle 2 fingers. 4 Fingers used to make me feel sore in the tummy. Kit-kats aren't too bad neither. :laughing:

Seriously though, this will continue...just like the DS. It's almost like people want the Wii to succeed.

If they can keep up the pace for a year or two, Nintendo might just prove that it could outsell PS2.

A lot of possibility coming on.

Wii is the home version of DS. Hardcore gamers and some developers don't understand it, the public love it. Developers are more or less forced to shift development to these platforms as otherwise it's economic suicide!

I mean, do you want to release a game on a system with a chance of 9.3 million people buying it, or release it to an audience of just 3.5 million? It's not rocket science.

Well Done Ninty!

Now i think Sony deserve a little more sales tbh, espicially towards the end of the year when shit-loads of hot games come out for it, i reckon in Q4 2007 there will be a significent rise and i don't care what any of you say, so ner :heh:;)

Well Done Ninty!

Now i think Sony deserve a little more sales tbh, espicially towards the end of the year when shit-loads of hot games come out for it, i reckon in Q4 2007 there will be a significent rise and i don't care what any of you say, so ner :heh:;)

That's what they keep saying!!

If you say something enough, one day it may come true!!

I'm just truly wondering what person who has publically said he is sick of Nintendo does here? It is practically same thing as atheist who visits church every sunday.

Jesus christ, i have mates here thats why, theres a general board, a other consoles board and a creative board. Oh and a tech board, and a trade board. And just because the Wii isn't my thing doesn't mean i can't post in this forum.

Well done Nintendo, keep it up! As long as the good stuff hits us from Autumn onwards, then there's no reason why I won't keep buying for the Wii.

That's what they keep saying!!

If you say something enough, one day it may come true!!

It's going to happen, definately.

Although at the moment i can't see it over-taken Wii anytime soon...

It's going to happen, definately.

Although at the moment i can't see it over-taken Wii anytime soon...

I wouldn't be so sure. There really is no buzz what-so-ever about the PS3, or about the games coming out for it. It seems the public en masse is in love with the Wii and everything it's about.

The hardcore gamers are more than happy with the much cheaper XBOX 360 which has more games and the excellent XBOX LIVE. Leaving the PS3 with very little ground.

The PS2 was so successful because it was a mass market system, and still is, after all it's still outselling the XBOX 360 in a few places. The PS3 however is getting beats of the old GBA because it is anything but a mass market system.

For the PS3 to increase sales in any meaningful way they'd need to slash prices, after all, who's really gonna chcuk that much money away on a game system? I remember when the N64 came out in the UK, it was much more expensive than it's competitors and it ended up going down from £250 to £150 in a few months just to compete.

And if the Wii ever get into sales trouble - BANG - Wii's for £125... they'd be torn from the shelves!!!

Personally I don't see PS3 sales picking up for a long time yet. I mean, if the console isn't selling now, why is it going to sell at Christmas? Games like Heavenly Sword, Lair etc are going to sell great to whoever already has one, but most people arn't going to part with £400+ to play games no one has really heard of.

However come 2008 I can really see the PS3 picking up, the line up for 2008 is alot more promising and there's no doubt stuff like MGS4 and DMC4 will sell alot of PS3's, but even then I don't think that's going to be anything compared to the number of Wii's, and with FFXIII being touted for a 2009 release the PS3 still has much less firepower then the Wii in terms of system selling games.

I just think the PS3's lost before it should have really begun, Wii is taking the entire mainstream market for itself which made up over 80 million of the PS2 sales, and although I'm sure Sony will sell a good 30 million PS3's with all the games like FF, DMC, GTA etc I don't personally see it ever being able to reach out further then that.

So yeah, if PS3 doesn't get off the mark come this Christmas I think it's going to be destined to second place, and with the third parties shifting all their focus to the Wii I can't see Sony turning it around. PS3 is shaping up to be a GameCube to me.

Personally I don't see PS3 sales picking up for a long time yet. I mean, if the console isn't selling now, why is it going to sell at Christmas? Games like Heavenly Sword, Lair etc are going to sell great to whoever already has one, but most people arn't going to part with £400+ to play games no one has really heard of.

However come 2008 I can really see the PS3 picking up, the line up for 2008 is alot more promising and there's no doubt stuff like MGS4 and DMC4 will sell alot of PS3's, but even then I don't think that's going to be anything compared to the number of Wii's, and with FFXIII being touted for a 2009 release the PS3 still has much less firepower then the Wii in terms of system selling games.

I just think the PS3's lost before it should have really begun, Wii is taking the entire mainstream market for itself which made up over 80 million of the PS2 sales, and although I'm sure Sony will sell a good 30 million PS3's with all the games like FF, DMC, GTA etc I don't personally see it ever being able to reach out further then that.

So yeah, if PS3 doesn't get off the mark come this Christmas I think it's going to be destined to second place, and with the third parties shifting all their focus to the Wii I can't see Sony turning it around. PS3 is shaping up to be a GameCube to me.

The PS3 has very few exclusives that won;t end up either on PC or on the 360. Plus, look at all the great exclusives that the Gamecube had, that didn't win over the mass market did it?

The Wii will cement it's position and go from strength to strength, especially when Wii Fit is released.

My local store sells about five Wii's a day and has a good stock. But they also sell about 5 PS3's a day, and have stock for that too. PS3 is selling and it's doing good enough. But yes, I'm having doubts about it's possible succes too. We'll just have to see whether they can keep their first spot or lose it, but at this rate, Nintendo will have outsold GameCube by January 1, 2008.

Oh come on guys, the Ps3 will have a sales pick up stop denying it. The wii will slow down at some point, maybe next year, and come to a point now like the DS has, slow and steady, the ps3 will, at some point, have a price drop (because i don't think many more people are enticed by the new monmey saving package, it's still over £400), and it DOES have a good list of exclusive titles that, as of yet, are STILL EXCLUSIVES!.

Also, Tellyn! Would you please get over last year's sony conference?

Oh come on guys, the Ps3 will have a sales pick up stop denying it. The wii will slow down at some point, maybe next year, and come to a point now like the DS has, slow and steady, the ps3 will, at some point, have a price drop (because i don't think many more people are enticed by the new monmey saving package, it's still over £400), and it DOES have a good list of exclusive titles that, as of yet, are STILL EXCLUSIVES!.

Also, Tellyn! Would you please get over last year's sony conference?

Why will the PS3 sales pick up? You're ignoring what I said earlier, good exclusives don't sell a console. The Gamecube had great exclusives, far better than the PS2, yet sales for the Gamecube never picked up regardless of great exclusives.

Once one system has a critical uptake it becomes virtually impossible for the other systems to catch up.

Yes, i am ignoring what you said, completely. Because i know i, and many others have turned to wanting a ps3, due to the good exclusives it has.

I'm not sying it's going to overtake the wii, that's gonna be a pretty damn difficult task, but it can quite easily have a sales pickup.

Why will the PS3 sales pick up? You're ignoring what I said earlier, good exclusives don't sell a console. The Gamecube had great exclusives, far better than the PS2, yet sales for the Gamecube never picked up regardless of great exclusives.

Once one system has a critical uptake it becomes virtually impossible for the other systems to catch up.

That's becuase all the Cube had were Nintendo games like Mario, Zelda, Starfox and the average games doesn't want them.

Oh and your forgetting alot of people will buy a PS3 for a Bluray player.

That's becuase all the Cube had were Nintendo games like Mario, Zelda, Starfox and the average games doesn't want them.

Thats not a great defense there. There going to buy it for the bluray player. Not for the fact its got lots of exclusives, appeals to a huge audience etc.

People are buying the Wii for the fun factor, the new factor, its different to anything else and is easily accesible. The PS3 is selling less because its the same thing as always, but with better graphics and a bluray player, thats going for over 400 quid.

It makes sense which is selling more.

Yes, i am ignoring what you said, completely. Because i know i, and many others have turned to wanting a ps3, due to the good exclusives it has.

I'm not sying it's going to overtake the wii, that's gonna be a pretty damn difficult task, but it can quite easily have a sales pickup.

Oh, because you've done it and a fe others on a forum, I'm sure that will mean it's going to happen.

Oh and Metroid, and Resident Evil 4 (which although went top PS2 as the definitive version on GC). No one is going to buy a PS3 for the Blu-ray as HD DVD and Blu-ray are still competing to be the definitive format, the majority of people will not invest in eother until then.

Plus, what are all these PS3 exclusives? MGS4? Which will end up on the 360. Games like Lair aren't setting the gaming community alight. At the end of the day, the Wii as much in the way as exclusives if not more.

Sign in to follow this