NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Wii sells more than 9 million worldwide!

Why will the PS3 sales pick up? You're ignoring what I said earlier, good exclusives don't sell a console. The Gamecube had great exclusives, far better than the PS2, yet sales for the Gamecube never picked up regardless of great exclusives.

Once one system has a critical uptake it becomes virtually impossible for the other systems to catch up.

The ps2 always had better games and better exclusives..........thats a fact mate and i love my old cube

The ps2 always had better games and better exclusives..........thats a fact mate and i love my old cube

That's VERY subjective. I much prefer GC's exclusives to PS2 ones.

wow really?

To be honest nintendo were disspointing last gen for me with mario and zelda being good but by the numbers, sure metroid was fun along with classics like paper mario and f-zero.

I don't think this can compare with games like

rachet and clank

jak and daxter

tekken 5

virtua fighter 4

god of war

metal gear

devil may cry

okami

ico

shadow of the colossus

bully

silient hill

onmiusha

gt

katamria damacy

amplitude

frequency

final fantasy

dragoon quest

dark cloud

kingdom hearts

diseaga

star ocean

shin Megami Tensei

gc was still good but it can't match the ps2

rachet and clank

jak and daxter

tekken 5

virtua fighter 4

god of war

metal gear

devil may cry

okami

ico

shadow of the colossus

bully

silient hill

onmiusha

gt

katamria damacy

amplitude

frequency

final fantasy

dragoon quest

dark cloud

kingdom hearts

diseaga

star ocean

shin Megami Tensei

GC games....lets see.

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

Mario Sunshine

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Zelda Wind waker

Zelda Twilight Princess

Star Fox Adventure

Star Wars rouge (I keep forgetting how spell the last word -_-')

Mario Kart

Killer 7

Final Fantasy:CC

F-Zero GX

Donkey Konga

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Harvest Moon: A wonderful life

Harvest Moon: Magical melodie

Super Smash Bros Mellee

Tales Of Symphonia

Batien Katios

And some others I can't be botherd to put up....so yeah nintendo did have really good games for the GC ^_^

And some others I can't be botherd to put up....so yeah nintendo did have really good games for the GC ^_^

I never said they didn't, it still doesn't change the fact that the ps2 had better exclusives

I never said they didn't, it still doesn't change the fact that the ps2 had better exclusives

For you, not for everyone.

PS3 doesn't really have any good exclusive games tbh.

Lair doesn't look that great (it's being over hyped by Sony fanboys I reckon). Yes, there's Killzone, but Halo is better imo. That said, I'll have to play the new ones to form a proper opinion. What else does PS3 have that won't be on 360? Not much.

Wii will have great exclusives in it's lifetime and no one can deny that it will easily be one of the best selling consoles of all time. PS3 will only sell millions of unit because it's 'future proof'. They can keep it on the market for 4-5 years by which point the Wii will need to be upgraded graphically, and even then I doubt the Wii 2 will be as powerful as a PS3.

I agree, but I would go further the GC exclusives were far better.

wow really?

To be honest nintendo were disspointing last gen for me with mario and zelda being good but by the numbers, sure metroid was fun along with classics like paper mario and f-zero.

I don't think this can compare with games like

rachet and clank

jak and daxter

tekken 5

virtua fighter 4

god of war

metal gear

devil may cry

okami

ico

shadow of the colossus

bully

silient hill

onmiusha

gt

katamria damacy

amplitude

frequency

final fantasy

dragoon quest

dark cloud

kingdom hearts

diseaga

star ocean

shin Megami Tensei

What are you on? Half of those are crap they don;t even compare to the likes of....

GC games....lets see.

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

Mario Sunshine

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Zelda Wind waker

Zelda Twilight Princess

Star Fox Adventure

Star Wars rouge (I keep forgetting how spell the last word -_-')

Mario Kart

Killer 7

Final Fantasy:CC

F-Zero GX

Donkey Konga

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Harvest Moon: A wonderful life

Harvest Moon: Magical melodie

Super Smash Bros Mellee

Tales Of Symphonia

Batien Katios

Exactly!

And that doesn't mention Battalion Wars, MGS Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness, Super Monkey Ball, Fire Emblem and Wave Race

I agree, but I would go further the GC exclusives were far better.

What are you on? Half of those are crap they don;t even compare to the likes of....

Exactly!

And that doesn't mention Battalion Wars, MGS Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness, Super Monkey Ball, Fire Emblem and Wave Race

You can't say half of those PS2 exclusives are crap, thats crap itself. I do agree that the GC had better exclusives though.

God of War and Devil May Cry are overrated, button-mashing dogshit for players too stupid for anything more sophisticated.

God of War and Devil May Cry are overrated, button-mashing dogshit for players too stupid for anything more sophisticated.

I doubt you can get far in DMC 3 on Normal or harder just button mashing :P

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Tellyn you utter fool, IM NOT A FANBOY.

I prefer my 360 to my PS3 just some of the things said in this thread are total bollox, Do you even know what a fanboy is?

Oh and we go again with MGS4 will come out on 360! How many times do you need to hear IT IS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE. Hideo, Sony, Konami they have all confirmed it. And about exclusives?

Gran Turismo

MGS4

Metal Gear Online

Final Fantasy

Loco Roco

Little Big Planet

Ico dev's 2 new project's

New Rockstar exclusive

Socom

Uncharted

Heavenly sword

Unreal Toury 3

Haze

Lair

White Knight Story

Time Crisis

Warhawk

ZOE3

Rachet & Clank

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Singstar

Yeah guys no games.

And just to add icing to the cake, blu Ray has been beating HD DVD for about 4 month solid now in hardware and software and blu ray has a much better future ahead of it. Ask any HD expert and they will put there money on Blu Ray winning.

You guys do know i have nothing against the wii or people who own one right? it just wasn't for me. But i do have something against people who talk shit about the PS3 when there clearly in the wrong.

[/rantover]

And just to add icing to the cake, blu Ray has been beating HD DVD for about 4 month solid now in hardware and software and blu ray has a much better future ahead of it. Ask any HD expert and they will put there money on Blu Ray winning.

[/rantover]

I don't know about sales, but I don't see where you get that Blu Ray has a much better future ahead of it and no expert says that. Most experts are betting on HD-DVD, but htat doesn't really matter, it's almost impossible to guess what's going to happen. The HD-DVD/Blu Ray market it's still too small to make out anything.

Wow, its like a full on warzone in here :)

Firstly I will address the Blu-ray Vs HD-DVD battle. Last I heard the Blu-ray format was outselling the HD-DVD format and has been for quite some time now. I think it works in Sonys favour having exclusive rights to certain films for Blu-Ray and with Disney on board its looking pretty good for them. Hellfire is right in saying that the battle of the formats is far from over nor does it really matter to the general public at this point in time as DVDs are still the favourite format.

Secondly calling the list that immy posted rubbish is quite frankly idiotic. Most of the games listed there are simply outstanding and the PS2 had amazing exclusives many of which were started on that platform. Again the Cube did have a great many exclusives aswell but IMO the PS2 had the better ones.

As for the whole PS3 sales argument its stupid to think any of us can predict the future especially in the console business. The Wii is an amazing machine with a great future but at the same time so is the PS3. Regardless if you like Sony or not the PS3 will do well, will it beat the Wii? At the rate the Wii is selling its hardly likely but that doesnt make it a bad machine.

Its like the PSP vs DS. Sure the PSP gets outsold by the DS on a weekly basis but there are many great titles on the PSP alot of them catering for Core gamers. For every Brain Training game there is for the DS there is a new RPG for the PSP. The PSP is a success just not in the same league of success as the DS.

Many people missed out on some great games last gen because of their ignorance to another platform and alot of these people are Nintendo fans. Im not having a go at people on here its just a general feeling across many messages boards and it can even been seen on such things as Gamecentral on teletxt. Dont get me wrong I love Nintendo and always will and if I had to choose company to support then it would be them but to completly disregard the other companies when you dont have to is a foolish move and you will miss out on many good games if you do.

Hopefully my rant hasnt offended anyone, apologies if it has.

HD-DVD players are actually outselling bluray players in america constantly. There was a spike a few months back for blueray but now its gone back down to below HD-DVD player sales.

HD-DVD players are actually outselling bluray players in america constantly. There was a spike a few months back for blueray but now its gone back down to below HD-DVD player sales.

It seems the same for Europe according to this article but reading it it says that Blu-Ray discs themselves are outselling the HD-DVD ones.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/storage/news/119655/hd-dvd-sales-outstripping-bluray-31-in-europe.html

MGS4 IS NOT FUCKING COMING TO 360, GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS!

And tellyn! In what way are we sony fanboys? You don't know the meaning of the word, i don't even own a ps3 yet!

It seems the same for Europe according to this article but reading it it says that Blu-Ray discs themselves are outselling the HD-DVD ones.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/storage/news/119655/hd-dvd-sales-outstripping-bluray-31-in-europe.html

Yeh, thats exactly what I read too. Though saying that blueray are outselling HDVD with actual disks, it is only by a pretty small margin, where as the HD-DVD players are quite widely outselling the blueray players.

I don't know about sales, but I don't see where you get that Blu Ray has a much better future ahead of it and no expert says that. Most experts are betting on HD-DVD, but htat doesn't really matter, it's almost impossible to guess what's going to happen. The HD-DVD/Blu Ray market it's still too small to make out anything.

Wrong.

blu ray has a better future, i mean by that titles coming out new models of players etc. And thats also another wrong statement by saying most experts are backing HD-DVD, most people are saying its dead. They also have Disney and Fox on there side which is a massive bonus, not to mention Sony have alot to do with the movie industry.

oh and @ haggis, blu ray players have been out selling HD-DVD players for a long time now if you want a source check Hi Def Digest it's someone where on there. I've been keeping track of these "wars" weekly for a while now and HD-DVD isn't looking good a all.

The PS3 is going to be succesfull. But right now, the Wii will be the most succesfull for this year and probably the next. Like I said before (comment on what Dave Perry said): once people do get used to HD, Nintendo will have to take a dive into 1080p or dround. If Nintendo can't pull it off by then, they will lose a lot to PS3 and 360. It's not determined yet, but for now Wii seems to win this generation. When generation 7,5 comes around, though, and when the PS3 and 360 still survive in the HD market while Wii doesn't, we'll see how the tides turn when people have to buy a new Wii.

And the format war has little to do with it. If you want to know who's winning, count how many discs they ship. If people just buy a PS3 for the Blu-Ray player, you'll see that they don't add up the sales of games. If they buy it for gaming, they don't help the Blu-Ray sales. But they did buy a combo. So if you want to know who wins the format war, you look at who sold the most copies (and who has the best movies, off course). If you want to know who wins the Games war, you see how many copies of games for their system they sell. Because in the end, that's the thing they profit on.

The company that makes the most profit, wins. And Nintendo is making the most profit (and right now I'm allowed to say: 'nonetheless').

Wrong.

blu ray has a better future, i mean by that titles coming out new models of players etc. And thats also another wrong statement by saying most experts are backing HD-DVD, most people are saying its dead. They also have Disney and Fox on there side which is a massive bonus, not to mention Sony have alot to do with the movie industry.

oh and @ haggis, blu ray players have been out selling HD-DVD players for a long time now if you want a source check Hi Def Digest it's someone where on there. I've been keeping track of these "wars" weekly for a while now and HD-DVD isn't looking good a all.

The sales od blu-ray disks are higher, the sales of HD-DVD players are higher. Thats the basic story.

I don't really count it as a format war yet, seeing as they count for a tiny percentage of sales. The PS3/XBOX 360 will not decide the eventual format war, the sales of the players will.

But at least for a couple of years nothing dramtic is going to happen wth either of the formats. I have yet to watch a High Def disk yet so can't really comment speciffically on either themselves.

I don't really count it as a format war yet, seeing as they count for a tiny percentage of sales. The PS3/XBOX 360 will not decide the eventual format war, the sales of the players will.

Well said.

Totally off topic but I seen a Blu-Ray running in Currys the other day and the picture quailty was immense. it still doesnt warrent buying a Blu-ray dvd for £25-30 in a shop when you can get the film on normal DVD for like £10-15.

Ok then why did everyone who clearly prefer Sony and Microsoft's consoles come into a thread announcing a Wii sales milestone and start pushing the PS3 with comments like 'PEOPLE WILL BUY IT BECAUSE IT HAS BLURAY'. The news has nothing to do with Sony, get over it.

I can't see any reason why the PS3 sales will pick up. Bar the exclusive games (which most of will end up either on PC or 360) there is no reason why this overpriced behemoth will sell.

The Wii is cheaper, the 360 has better online services and a much bigger catalogue. The PS3 has no advantage what-so-ever other than Blu-ray, which doesn't come anywhere near justifying the ridiculous price tag.

Ok then why did everyone who clearly prefer Sony and Microsoft's consoles come into a thread announcing a Wii sales milestone and start pushing the PS3 with comments like 'PEOPLE WILL BUY IT BECAUSE IT HAS BLURAY'. The news has nothing to do with Sony, get over it.

Because some people are obviously willing Sony to make some massive comeback. I wasn't convinced by the Wii at first, now I've played it and seen the games coming I'm more than on board.

Sony have overcooked it with the PS3, their arrogance was so over the top. They thought they could do no wrong, now they're in the shit.

And as for MGS4, it will come to 360 ala Substance. If it doesn't I hope it sinks like a rock and fails to recover it's massive development costs, that will tach Konami for being total shits!

The PS3 is going to be succesfull. But right now, the Wii will be the most succesfull for this year and probably the next. Like I said before (comment on what Dave Perry said): once people do get used to HD, Nintendo will have to take a dive into 1080p or dround. If Nintendo can't pull it off by then, they will lose a lot to PS3 and 360. It's not determined yet, but for now Wii seems to win this generation. When generation 7,5 comes around, though, and when the PS3 and 360 still survive in the HD market while Wii doesn't, we'll see how the tides turn when people have to buy a new Wii.
You're generalising the market too much. People won't write off the Wii for not having HD output for the simple reason that they don't know what HD is. People buy flat TVs, they buy LCD TVs, but they don't buy HDTVs or 1080p TVs. A Wii can still play on an HDTV and people will choose what they like - they buy the games for the fun factor. The Wii will keep the upper hand in that, and that won't change as HD penetration rises. Same goes for the PSP <> DS battle, people don't care for the media player functions as much as they do for the fun. The fun is the reason they play games.

The Wii probably has a longer life in it than the other two, if you ask me. It's concept goes beyond the state of computing technology.

Sign in to follow this