NEurope
Bluejay

The Simpsons Movie

What about that episode where Bart and Millhouse destroy Flander's Beatles memrobilia and they get high off the 30 year old beatles sweets and start quoting "I Am The Walrus"

that was pretty fuckin funny

lol. The moment with the makeup gun will still go down as the only time I've laughed so much I rolled of my sofa and in turn injured my dog.

There having midnight showings all over the country at vue on tuesday/wednesday (whatever you count it as).

There not doing that for transsformers though..wierd?

Really can't wait for this film as well as Transformers.

Def going to see this as soon as it comes out.

cant wait to see the movie me and a load of mates are gunna see it on wednesday morning first showing

So are me and Coolness Bears. It will be majestic.

So are me and Coolness Bears. It will be majestic.

It shall be a most glorious occassion. i shall wear my finest robes and tallest hat. I shall walk into the cinema majestically and sit most graciously into my seat waiting for the film to begin. :)

I can't wait for this movie!!!

I hope it will be good and give me 86 minutes of non-stop action, comedy and emotion all rolled into a clever plot that won't dissappoint.

It will not be as good as episodes from the classic era but not as dire as some of the ones now(although there still a lot of excellent ones from the newer seasons)but like Bluejay put at the start of the thread"somewhere in the middle"

Anway bring on Wednesday. :D

Yeah, I'm seeing it on wednesday too, so looking forward to it!

I've seen most of the trailers, does anyone else think a lot of the footage in the trailers might actually not be in the film? Just a lot of the things seem to be revolving around totally different ideas and plots..

(I'm not talking about the bunny one btw..)

Yeah, I'm seeing it on wednesday too, so looking forward to it!

I've seen most of the trailers, does anyone else think a lot of the footage in the trailers might actually not be in the film? Just a lot of the things seem to be revolving around totally different ideas and plots..

(I'm not talking about the bunny one btw..)

I think it all will be, its just going to be one massive random story. Thats what will make it so funny.

Well, James. L. Brooks said this once:

"We saw a trailer the other day, and somebody said 70 percent of the things in it — based on where we were eight weeks ago — are no longer in the movie, because we keep on fooling around"

Looks depressingly shit if I'm honest. Knowing me I'll be dragged along to see ti though!

Yea, the adverts haven't had me in the same hysterics as they had everybody else. Spider pig being a cringe-worthy moment for me.

Shame really, because the original teaser ad "Uh-oh, we'd better get started." was more inline with classic simpsons humour but now I feel it is shifting towards family guy randomness instead of social commentry, family animated sitcom of old.

Family guy pulls off the random humour but simpsons just doesn't. But yea, this may turn out to be another stinker that everyone applauds because of it's name and heritage...sigh.

I like Family Guy, I just don't think that humour suits the Simpsons or suits being made into an animated film. I mean, the Family Guy movie is pretty dull, It's just a long episode.

In my opinion I belive a Futurama Movie would have been agreeable as it's set-up and scope allows for something as big as a movie.

In my opinion I belive a Futurama Movie would have been agreeable as it's set-up and scope allows for something as big as a movie.

Yea. I'll be getting the Futurama movie this winter.

Yea. I'll be getting the Futurama movie this winter.

There's no movie. Well there is, sort of. Its been split into episodes for comedy central to be shown in 2008.

There's no movie. Well there is, sort of. Its been split into episodes for comedy central to be shown in 2008.

4 straight-to-DVD movies, each with a main plot each.

They will then be edited into 16 episodes (with new scenes, edited scenes and stuff), each with it's own plot.

Simpsons Movie - FIRST REVIEW (The Times)

4/5 stars in a really postive review. I would type it up, but I cba :grin:

I cannot wait for this.

http://www.people.co.uk/

But the three things that had me laughing most were Homer getting a household tool in his eye, Bart skateboarding nude, and, most of all, Spider-Pig. For the last two nights I've pictured that last scene as I'm drifting to sleep and woken myself up by laughing. It's that good.

Well seeing as all three of those things are in the trailers/adverts and aren't all that funny...!

Someone who wakes up two nights in a row laughing about Spider Pig probably finds colon cancer hysterical.

The Times actually said that some of the best bits were the parts that weren't in the trailer. It said it was funny throughout with a few shocking moments, i.e "barts genatalia". (spelt right?)

This and transformers should make for a great week at the cinema.

Im still really looking forward to seeing it, especially as John Swartzwelder is back as a writer in it. Gonna go at the weekend with a group of friends.

The Times actually said that some of the best bits were the parts that weren't in the trailer. It said it was funny throughout with a few shocking moments, i.e "barts genatalia". (spelt right?)

Since when was shocking something we've known for about a year?