NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Who here works with the public over the phone?

It's my first few weeks on the job as a Property Liason Staff for Cuddly Bears a letting agency in Liverpool. We deal with students and people in general from all over the place, The UK Mainland, Europe and USA.

Who do you find the most friendly people to talk to in general, I was dealt with Irish, Mancs. Scots, Cockneys, Brummies, Spanish. Norweigans and Germans to boot. Who do you find the most friendly to talk to?

In my opinion it goes like this

1: The Irish (Northern to be Specific), Very Kind Hearted Usually get the Dad's ringing up on behalf of their daughters, always good for a laugh)

2: Scousers (One Scouser to another, very friendly very understanding and always good to relate to)

3: Scottish Same as the Irish, only had 1 bad encounter but the rest have been great

4: Americans Suprisingly very understanding about the way things work around here. Which makes things pretty good

5: Brummies Dealt with a major lot of them and always have been kind, understanding and if something goes wrong they don't take a flip and instead take the explination given.

The worst has to be the following..

Mancunian Landlords who talk down to you like a piece of crap, when you go through protocol they demand to be an exception, Cockney's coming down who demand to have a day of your time to see all the properties when it isn't possible. Some foreign people are right ignorant when you cannot understand them due to the fact they can't speak English and if they can it's normally muddled up.

Who is the most friendly to you?

Cuddly Bears - nice name :S

For people not on the phone, i would say the Cornish or the Scottish.

Its the sarky bitches with the southern accent who ring up that i cant stand.

I also work for Invest in Liverpool which is a seperate company, but yeah it's got a panda as it's logo!!!

I'm currently working in telesales, working on behalf of AXA. Fucking hell, by far, the rudest people have been Scottish women.

The friendliest, I've phoned quite a few Welsh women, and they've been lovely to me. I always strike up a convo about being from Wales, so they're pretty easy to get along with. People from Ireland are pretty nice to me, too.

Liverpudlians are not too bad, pretty nice most of the time. But, people with posh accents, usually middleaged are horrible. They talk down to you a lot, I don't think my "common" voice helps either, but aw well. Pricks.

I'm currently working in telesales, working on behalf of AXA. Fucking hell, by far, the rudest people have been Scottish women.

If you phone up my house you'll get my dad saying "It's illegal to phone this residence" and then hangs up. :heh:

If you phone up my house you'll get my dad saying "It's illegal to phone this residence" and then hangs up. :heh:

Ok, I now hate Scottish women and Moria's Dad. :heh:

Seriously, none of us are doing this job for our health. We're doing it because we're strapped for cash and we'll do anything to get by. Telesales is a low! Please just be nice to us. Ask us how we are when we ask you how you are. Say thank you. Be polite. We are human too, y'know. :(

I'm always polite to them, but to be honest, if I want to buy something from you I'll contact you myself to get whatever it is you sell. And no, I don't want any free windows that my postcode has won.

My dad smacks the phone constantly against the sideboard intill the person hangs up. I tell him not too but he won't listen, (it is pretty funny though)

Yeah, I guess I do. I either speak to old people:

"Where's my prescriptions?!"

"Did you tell us to collect it from the doctors?"

"No, I just thought you would"

"..."

And Scousers. They seem alright.

If i pick the phone up and no one speaks in the first 3 seconds the phone goes straight back down.

If i pick the phone up and no one speaks in the first 3 seconds the phone goes straight back down.

One of my brother's friends takes about 5 seconds to do anything on the phone.

*rings*

Me: Hello blabbla bla

Scott: <annoyingly high-pitched voice>Hello, is Andrew there?</annoyingly high pitched voice>

Telesales is a low! Please just be nice to us. Ask us how we are when we ask you how you are. Say thank you. Be polite. We are human too, y'know. :(

Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

If someone asked you on the phone to remove their name from whatever list you're working through, would you be able to do it? Or perhaps more importantly, would you do it?

Yeah, but there's a list of people who've opted out of these calls. If you get called and have opted out, the company can be fined ~£5000.

My missus works on a phone sex chat line, and no matter where here customers are from they are all wankers.

Yeah, but there's a list of people who've opted out of these calls. If you get called and have opted out, the company can be fined ~£5000.

We've done that, and my dad tells them that every time they phone up.

My missus works on a phone sex chat line, and no matter where here customers are from they are all wankers.
...:hmm:

-Annoying character limit-

Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

If someone asked you on the phone to remove their name from whatever list you're working through, would you be able to do it? Or perhaps more importantly, would you do it?

Course, if you don't want these calls, then you're usually put on the list at the TPS, which is the telephone preference service.

However, and this is a big however, you will only be put on this list for a year. Meaning if the year runs out and you still get these calls, you will have to sort that out again. Also, sometimes it takes a while to be added to the TPS, meaning that if you've just registered, you can still get sales calls, etc.

Course, if you don't want these calls, then you're usually put on the list at the TPS, which is the telephone preference service.

Cool, thanks for answering. I might just give that a try.

In my experience theres no correlation.

Most people aren't great...but thats the companies fault, not theirs. Of course some people are down right *****. The worst are people who know fuck all about their policy, then fail the security questions and demand to speak to a manager (Which they dont get to) Heh. Love that.

I love it when you prove people wrong...

Example:

Last Thursday a woman called up from ?? Concert Square, Complaining that theirs a leak in her flat and the carpet is wet.

Myself: We need you to either send an email, pop a letter in or just give us something in writing so we can put it in our log book.

Her: Why can't you do it?

Me: These messages are passed onto our contractor who requires letters to be sent to him by the customer, he keeps them in his reports and it helps him sort it out.

Her: Okay I'll send an email through, your email is on the back of your company card isn't it?

Me: Yes It is [email protected]

Her: Thank you

Me: Please list all the problems, what you have and how long it has been.

Me: Well it's only been today so..

Ant: Just put that down to help him.

(Conversation Ends)

Monday

Her: Hello I phoned you last thursday and Just want to see whats going on regarding this leak.

Myself: Yes did you send an email..

Her: Yes

Myself: When did you send it?

Her: Thursday

Myself: Well your name is ????

Her: Yes thats correct

Myself: We haven't recieved an email off you at all

Her: Can i confirm the address

(She confirms)

Me: Yeah thats correct

Her: (Rants) This has been going on for ten days now, and the service from your company and you especially has been atrocious.

Me: You phoned me on thursday, confirmed the email and the problem has not been going on ten days. I can only do so much, we provide the contractor with information in ways in which he requires the info to be sent/ You obviously mispelt the email, but it isn't our fault.

Her: Fuck Off

(Phone Clicks)

when telemarketers call i usuallyt ake it as an opporunity to take the piss. Last time i palyed Take on Me off my mobile down the phone, and sung the chorus, they were still there at the end..

I've also pretended to be both my mum and dad before now aswell.

Ive learnt that people never hang up before they start abusing. Its especially funny when they've put the phone down, but not properly...as I have to press a button to "hang up" but if they hang up, it does it automatically. Ive often purposely not hung up to hear them talk about how crap the company is. It amuses me.

The statistics really aren't in your favour though. The only tele-human I've ever spoken to for advice/help who wasn't a **** was the nice lady who sold Macbook accessories out of her house, and she phoned me five minutes after I ordered on the website to make sure I was doin' OK, which was great. I quite fancied her.

Dont let voices deceive you. Ive had situations of ;

ReZs mind - She sounds hot.

*Checks DOB*

17/11/1952

Yipes.