NEurope
Retro_Link

Pikmin Wii is in development!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804262p1.html

E3 2007: Miyamoto: We Haven't Seen the Last of Pikmin

Nintendo's famous game producer says the Wii remote is well suited to the franchise.

Every time we chat with Nintendo's famous producer, Shigeru Miyamoto, we bring up at least one franchise we'd like to see remade for the company's current-generation console. It used to be Metroid. Then it was Kid Icarus. And most recently, it's become Pikmin. When quizzed on the subject, Miyamoto all but revealed that another Pikmin was in development for Wii.

"I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin," he said. "I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise."

Of course, he did not divulge any further specifics, but it seems to be a safe bet that we'll see the return of the Pikmin franchise on Wii at some point in the future.

Expected! but nice to have some confirmation!

I just went here to post this. :heh: This is great news, I liked the previous games. Although I never did finish them, maybe I'll get back to them.

Good good, Pikmin is great and the Wii is superb for this game!

it could indeed prove a good console for the pikmins return. i want a load of them to carry my stuff, i can imagine the ladies would love it.

Where did he say it's in development...?
Oh yeah true! I read it as...

"When quizzed on the subject, Miyamoto [all but] revealed that another Pikmin was in development for Wii."

... wierd! Ah well, Nintendo/Miyamoto are thinking about another Pikmin title atleast!

It will be awesome. You can pull them out of the ground just like how you pick up the Miis. Does anyone recon that they could pull off graphics similar to those in the Pikmin 2 adverts?

It's obviously in developement, that's a no brainer.

Should be a great game, I'm going to dare ask the question though, is Pikmin causal, hardcore, or both? :P

yeah, i dont think they would not continue the pikmin games, the wii is the perfect console for it.

Prior to revealing the Wiimote, Miyamoto claimed that the device would be perfect for something like Pikmin, which made many people believe the controller would feature a touchscreen. I remember that pretty well.

Even if it's in development or not, I'd put a good bet on it appearing in the future.

No its not..

Yes it is. Nintendo have 45 Wii games currently in developement, now, I'm sure you can appreciate how many of them we don't know about. Pikmin 3 is one of them, they just don't want to annouce it yet.

If they started developement tommorow the game wouldn't be out before 2009, and I think that's far too far away on Nintendo's schedule.

Saying Pikmin 3 isn't in developement is l;ike saying Red Steel 2 isn't we know it is just they haven't confirmed it yet.

If it isn't in development it would be criminal.

The franchise was a welcome addition to the Gamecube and it would be absolutley perfect for the Wii , so it cannot come soon enough.

This should be in development alright. Should make a cool online multiplayer too.

This should be in development alright. Should make a cool online multiplayer too.

aye i love me some pikmin

Sadly according to reggie nintendo ar already taking online seriously so i doubt we would, also far so much information surely.

A Pikmin 3 would be cool....I'd also love to see Olimar as a SSB fighter...but I'll be he'll be a Support instead; I also really wanted Tom Nook as playable, but he appears on the AC stage, so....

Can you really suit Pikmin with Metroid and Kid Icarus as "remaking a classic"? I never even cared about the original Pikmin, and I don't think it's old enough to be considered a revisiting. Surely it's just another sequel to a game not five years old?

I want more new stuff... less ports, less rehashes, less sequels. C'mon Nintendo, don't you have enough people working for you now that you could be bringing out two or three brand new and huge franchises right now?