NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Alan Johnston released

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

BBC Correspondent Alan Johnston has been released from captivity in Gaza after 114 days. Shabba.

Fantastic news! I hope he recovers well enough to be able to continue working.

Finally, a happy ending to one of these stories. And I suppose he can enjoy a healthy advance for the book rights too, he's suffered enough for it!

Good stuff, he'll make a mint out of this too, selling his story, i know if it was me i would. Glad to see he's safe, a good ending for once.

Made my day that..

See him get taken by Hammas Officials, with Guns and that...

Crazy Stuff

Only found out about 30 seconds ago, this is brilliant news.

I know this sounds a little insensitive, but the faster he gets back to work, the better. He was, after all, the only non-Palestinian journalist based in the Gaza Strip.

Awesome. How come he was released?

Hamas took over in Gaza a few weeks ago, which leftSrmy of Islam, the group that had him, shitting themselves. Hamas made it a top priority because they see journalists as "guests" and also important in showing the outside wolrd what conditions are like in Gaza. The group who had him however are nutters even when compared to the likes of Hamas and reckon all non-muslims are deserving of punishment. They were demanding the release of some prisoners which was never going to happen. Hmas started rounding up members of the group holding him and threatening military action to release him (Although they agreed not to launch an attack on the advice of the British government in case he was killed) Also, of course, Hamas come out of this well because they've worked so hard at getting him released, which has meant the western powers who have been refusing to talk to them have had to extend their thanks.

The politics aside. really, really excellent news.

the faster he gets back to work, the better. He was, after all, the only non-Palestinian journalist based in the Gaza Strip.

He already had his ticket home when he was captured, his time there was due to end anyway.

This is great! Of course you get extremists in each religion, but these guys just crossed the line. Good on him!

This is great! Of course you get extremists in each religion, but these guys just crossed the line. Good on him!

I thought the line was crossed when they started beheading people alive and putting the vids on the internet...

Oh Well

I didn't say when they'd crossed the line, did I?

I didn't say when they'd crossed the line, did I?

It looked as if you did...

Oh well am off for a immature wank Laters

It's posts like those, ant, which make me love ya to bits.

Sign in to follow this